Disneyland at Christmas?

ItaliaDisneyFan!

Earning My Ears
Trying to book a package for next Christmas at Disneyland... but I have a few questions:

1 - Weather... whats it like?? we are used to going to Disney in the summer, so will it be "cold" for us?

2 - clothes... what clothes to bring? shorts? t-shirts? long sleeved? sweaters? heavy jackets? what do you suggest?

3 - crowds... what are they like? are they hectic? like summer crowds?

4 - park hours... approx. what are they?

5 - do you have to pay extra for the Christmas activities? also, what is there to do??

6 - hotels... which hotel would you reccomend? travelling with DH, and DDs (21 and 16)

Thank you for your help!! :wizard: Keep on dreaming!

ItaliaDisneyFan! said:
Trying to book a package for next Christmas at Disneyland... but I have a few questions:

1 - Weather... whats it like?? we are used to going to Disney in the summer, so will it be "cold" for us?

2 - clothes... what clothes to bring? shorts? t-shirts? long sleeved? sweaters? heavy jackets? what do you suggest?

3 - crowds... what are they like? are they hectic? like summer crowds?

4 - park hours... approx. what are they?

5 - do you have to pay extra for the Christmas activities? also, what is there to do??

6 - hotels... which hotel would you reccomend? travelling with DH, and DDs (21 and 16)

Thank you for your help!! :wizard: Keep on dreaming!

1&2. Weather - days might be mild and then again, you may get rain. Hard to tell at this point. Evenings will be cool. No shorts. Sweatshirts and light weight rain jacket and even an umbrella just in case. We were there at the beginning of December last year and we had a little bit of everything above.

3. Crowds - crowded, major crowded.

4. Park hours - probably 10 to 8 at MK and 10 to 6 at CA or it could be 9 to ??.

5. Paying extra for Xmas activities - not sure, can't help you there.

6. Hotels. Onsite - any of the three. I have stayed at Paradise Pier and it was nice.

Some help for ya, but not alot.

Most of the holiday activities are included in your admission, such as parades, fireworks, snow, etc. The onl y thing I can think that you would pay extra for is cookie decorating (for the young at heart). Small World and Haunted Mansion Holiday are decorated for holidays and inc. in admission.

The calendar for this holiday period is available online at www.disneyland.com

I would like to add a little more about the weather here. Even if it's warmish during the day, the nights get down right cold (for here) We wear warm hats, scarves, and gloves when we go at Christmas time. It's part of the fun!

Expect the biggest crowds to be on Main Street, after the fireworks, and before the snow flies. It's standing room only!

We go to Disney every year the week between Christmas and new years.

1 and 2... the last 3 years it has been raining off and on they sell poncho's and with our sweatshirts and beanie's we do great. sometimes we have to change during the day if it gets to wet.
3... this is my favorite time of year to be here! It is VERY crowded but they have everything open and everything running at full capacity so you don't wait as long as during the summer months. ( no heat exhaustion either :) )we just went in June and the crowds were not as bad but the waits were ridiculous!!! Also when it rains a lot of people leave!
4... the week we go DL opens at 8... and closes at 12 (new years eve they stay open till 2) DCA closes slightly earlier.
5... No extra pricing that I am aware of, but if you want to partake in any Christmas activities, for example the falling snow... GET IN PLACE EARLY! those areas fill up fast!
6... We have tried MANY hotels there, including Disney hotels, but our Favorite still is the Staybridge!!! we have 4 kids so we always get a 2bdrm 2 bath suite. I would recomend this to anyone bringing teens..even one!! its nice to be able to have a little privacy and the price is less than one room in a Disney hotel! I have found the cheapest rates on (get away today) and we have used this company at least 6 times with not one problem!
Don't let the crowds push you away from visiting at this time of year! It is so worth it to go!!!

We have also stayed at the Staybridge Suites. Great place and there is the ART bus that will take you to and from the park.

Grumpy~N~Dopey said:
We go to Disney every year the week between Christmas and new years.

1 and 2... the last 3 years it has been raining off and on they sell poncho's and with our sweatshirts and beanie's we do great. sometimes we have to change during the day if it gets to wet.
3... this is my favorite time of year to be here! It is VERY crowded but they have everything open and everything running at full capacity so you don't wait as long as during the summer months. ( no heat exhaustion either :) )we just went in June and the crowds were not as bad but the waits were ridiculous!!! Also when it rains a lot of people leave!
4... the week we go DL opens at 8... and closes at 12 (new years eve they stay open till 2) DCA closes slightly earlier.
5... No extra pricing that I am aware of, but if you want to partake in any Christmas activities, for example the falling snow... GET IN PLACE EARLY! those areas fill up fast!
6... We have tried MANY hotels there, including Disney hotels, but our Favorite still is the Staybridge!!! we have 4 kids so we always get a 2bdrm 2 bath suite. I would recomend this to anyone bringing teens..even one!! its nice to be able to have a little privacy and the price is less than one room in a Disney hotel! I have found the cheapest rates on (get away today) and we have used this company at least 6 times with not one problem!
Don't let the crowds push you away from visiting at this time of year! It is so worth it to go!!!

I was glad to read your post, i am going Dec 22 -Dec 26 and I was affraid the crowds would bring me down

We're going Dec. 16th so I am trying to research all I can prior to going since we'll only be there for 1 day. Your posts have been helpful. Thank you in advance! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter