Disneyland Crowds on a Saturday in March?

ImagineEar

I believe in the Tag Fairy...
Headed form NJ to Palm Spings this Saturday and we will be driving Right past
Anaheim........
I'm a big WDW fan, know it like the back of my hand, BUT I have never been to Disneyland - I am wondering if I should stop in? Really want to but I am weighing the cost/time vs. crowds. Will I be able to get on most of the major attractions? We go to WDW in the off season to avoid the crowds, so I am a bit hesitant since it is a weekend.

We would not get there until 2pm or so. How late are they open this time of the year?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!! Thanks. :earsgirl:

Because of the HUGE suburban area that Disneyland is in there are tons of people who go on the week ends. I haven't been on a Saturday that wasn't crowded. It would not be the ideal time to try to experience Disneyland but you could still get some of the bigger rides in as well as take in the atmosphere of the park. Probably would be best to consentrate on things not at WDWQ like Indiana Jones, the Matterhorn, Alice in Wodnerland and Pinnichio, but don't skip the Pirates of the Carribean.

Who cares if you don't make it on all the rides because of crowds...you can't come all the way from NJ and be that close to DL without stopping. That's just not acceptable... :rotfl:

Well - calypso*a*go-go - I know you're right... it is not so much how many rides we can do per say, as it is the quality of the overall experience. I was thinking of trying to talk DH into driving back that way on Monday instead of Saturday. Do you think we'd have a better experience then? :confused3

It would be less crowded but the downside is not being able to see Disney's Electrical Parade @ California Adventure as they only show it on the weekends.

I just looked at the refurbishment schedule and it looks like the Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, and Space Mountain are all closed (along with a few others). There's still plenty of attractions open but it's a shame so many popular rides will not be operating.

That means you'll have to plan a second trip out west !!!

calypso*a*go- go (and anyone else):

My son will be at a convention in Long Beach and his group will be going to Disneyland on a Saturday in March also; do you recommend any rides that teens "have to experience"?

thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter