• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Paris: Are you visiting soon?

richard3330

Cirque Fan
I have visited DLParis Many Many times!

If you have ANY questions or what any advice or tips feel free to leave a message here or e-maill me direct.

I have stayed at all the DLParis hotels except Cheyenne and Santa Fe (But I have visited them both and looked around) so if you have any questions at all about the hotels please ask.

Fire Away if you have any questions or want any advice.

We are going for the first time in a few weeks. We are staying at the NY for 7 nights. Since we are going to Florida in October, we thought we would do DLP on a budget. Do you recommend any counter service resturants ? Also did you notice if they offered veggie food ? Do you know if you can have high tea at the Disneyland ? Are they strict on who uses the pools at the hotels ? Since NY is the only hotel with an outdoor pool, does this get crowded? We had no choice in where we stayed, as we are using DVC points, and the other hotels were not available. Is the NY suitable for Children ?

Sorry there seems to be quite a few questions, but not many people post about DLP. If you have any tips I would be gratefull to hear them.

Thanks

Hi,

The Hotel New York is not the only hotel with an outdoor pool. Sequioa Lodge has an outdoor pool as well and Newport Bay Club has the biggest outdoor swimming Pool.

The pools at all of the hotels tend to get crowded between 7pm and 10pm. If you visit out of this time scale you should be fine. Unfortunately Disneyland Paris' hotels only let the guests staying at theat specific hotel use that specific hotel swimming pool. (?)
E.G:
If you are staying at Hotel NY you can only use Hotel NY's pool.
If you are staying at Disneyland Hotel you can only use Disneyland Hotels pool.
etc. etc.

The Hotel New York is suitable for children, (as are all disney hotels) but In My Opinion older children will prefer NY and younger children would prefer any of the other hotels. Hotel NY is a short 5 minute walk to the parks and is near disneyvillage, (a bit like universals citywalk). The hotel has 2 restaurants and they are fairly expensive (especially manhattan restaurant)

I'm sure you will have a GREAT time in October (hopefully the lines will be short!)

DLParis hjave some great counter service restaurants (mainly serving pizza, fries and burgers) and YES DLParis do have food to cater for vegeterians.

Have FUN!

If you have ANY more questions or queries please ask.

Disney BB - just thought I'd post to say that we stayed in the Hotel New York in January and absolutely loved it! We were on the top floor overlooking the skating rink and lake and had a fab view.

My two were 11 and 8 at the time and loved the hotel, and it is only a short walk to Disney Village where you will find Planet Hollywood, Annette's Diner and several other outlets include merchandise shops. I am veggie and found PH and AD OK for me, though I can't remember what I actually had to eat there! :rolleyes:

One thing to keep in mind is that you might want to take your hairdryer with you. I didn't and found the one in the bathroom pretty useless. Myself and my daughter both have thick hair and the hairdryer kept cutting out as it was over heating, it was pretty hot to hold too, it was the fixed to the wall type, so you may want to take your own with an adaptor plug.

I hope you have fun, DLP and WDW within a few weeks of each other, WOW! :D

Thanks for your replies to my questions. One other, how do you get to the international shopping center ? Is it by RER ?

It is a shame about the pools, I would have loved to pool hop to other swimming pools.

Richard,

Thank you for you offer to answer our questions.

We will be traveling to DLP in January of 2003. The stay at DLP will precede a trip to Tanzania. Prior to leaving for Tanzania we would like to ship some of our warm clothing and any purchases we made home. In Tanzania we will be limited to a 33 lbs or about 15 kilo baggage weight limit.

Is a shipping service offered from the DLP hotels? i.e. UPS or FedX?

Thanks Much
Scott

I am really sorry Scot, but I don't know the answer to your specific question.

Here is Disneyland Paris' Customer Service number:
0870 606 6800 (england telephone number, if you are phoning from abroad: +448706066800)

Telephone Number Open From:
08.00 to 20.00 from Monday to Friday
09.00 to 18.00 Saturdays
09.00 to 17.00 Sundays.

They should be able to answer your question.

I hope you have a great time, if you have any other questions please ask.

Thanks Much I will call them. I am sure IO will have more questions as time gets closer.

We are going to Paris this October and want to take our almost 3 year old DD for just one day. I am in the process of doing research on DLP, but what would you recommend for your top 2 (or 3) restaurants and rides for toddlers?

Any other Must-sees?

Thanks for your input.

Hi,

I reccomend the following restaurants if you just want counter service:
1. Restaurant Hakuna Matata (Excellently themed to The Lion King with great fast food and good prices, plus childrens meals)

2. Buzz Lightyears Pizza Planet (The children will LOVE this place!, It has a big indoor play area and Buzz, Woody and Jessy usually appear and sign autographs, It serves great pizzas and pasta)

3. Caseys Corner (A great little counter service at the top of Main Street USA, serving delicious hot dogs and fries and other fast food)

The following 3 for Table Service meals:
1. Blue Lagoon, Near Pirates of The Caribbean (Seafood and a great childrens menu in a peaceful setting backing the pirates of the caribbean ride)

2. Auberge de Cendrillon (Very Expensive, but situated next to the castle and serving exquisite french cuisine and characters often are inside the restaurant, they also have a great childrens menu. If you decide to go here get there early or make a PS at guest services: It gets very busy.)

3. Rainforest Cafe (If you want a break from the park, The Rainforest Cafe in Dinsey Village (A very short walk away) is your usual rainforest cafe with great animatronics and a huge childrens selection)

Top 3 Rides for 3 year olds (IM 3 year olds O):
1. Peter Pans Flight (A real fave!, fly over London and see animatronic scenes from PP flight, virtually identical to PPF in WDW and DLCalifornia.

2. Casey Jr., Le Petit Train du Cirque (A really great runaway mine train type of ride for younger visitors, with great scenery and colourful trains)

3. Pirates of the Caribbean (My 3 y.o loved it, but may scare some children. Much better than the WDW and DLCalifornia versions, IMO)

4. The Whole of Fantasy Land is where you will probably spend most of your time!

Will you be visiting WDStudios?

Any more questions, please ask!

Richard3330

Thank you for the recommendations! I will probably ask more questions as I learn more. Thanks so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter