Disneyland Paris Hotel Reopening + Honeymoon Trip Tips

SullyD13

Mouseketeer
Hello! We are planning our Honeymoon and starting in Paris. I wanted to add a few days at Disneyland and really had dreams of staying at the Disneyland Hotel. I know it's being remodeled and scheduled for reopening in 2024, but do we think it will open by May 2024? I know it's a total guess but wondering what everyone thinks.

If it's not an option, what hotel would you recommend? Also would 2 full days be enough?? Any tips are welcome! We have never been to a non-US park but very excited!

Congratulations!

My best guess is they aim to be open before Summer before the Olympics start end July. But your guess is as good as mine. Large refurbishments have the tendency to take longer than planned.

2 questions:
- When in May are we talking about? First week of May is a school holiday for most of Europe.
- Do you plan to spend time in your hotel (besides sleeping) or plan to be in the parks from opening to close?

Congratulations!

My best guess is they aim to be open before Summer before the Olympics start end July. But your guess is as good as mine. Large refurbishments have the tendency to take longer than planned.

2 questions:
- When in May are we talking about? First week of May is a school holiday for most of Europe.
- Do you plan to spend time in your hotel (besides sleeping) or plan to be in the parks from opening to close?
Thank you!

I had no idea about the first week of May being a European holiday. That’s right when we’re going - most likely getting there on May 1st.

We want to do a relaxing trip and most likely won’t be in the parks from opening until close. We go to Disneyland and Disney World a lot and have been so much that our trips are now always leisurely and we very much enjoy that instead of the madness. We usually take our time getting into the parks but then will stay until the end of the day. We really enjoy our meals too so wanting to do any iconic “must do” restaurants while there, which I know take time away from rides and things like that.

I’m much more into classic Disney so was prioritizing the Disneyland park. I was thinking we could park hop one morning and see the other and do what we want but come back to Disneyland after. Saying that because I’d prioritize the one park over the other for both days if I need to… Unless the other really is amazing? We’ve done California Adventure here with Avengers Campus and Cars Land and feel like that might have the upper hand. But not sure - I feel out of my element with the international parks…

Besides the Spring Break, May 1st is a bank holiday in many European countries. It won't be Summer busy, but it'll be busy for sure. I would look into splurging on a Premier Access pass. I would prioritize this over a more expensive hotel room, tbh.

If the hotel is important to you and you plan to spend much time there, either go for Marvel or New Port Bay, standard room or club room, or a club room in Sequoia Lodge. It's nice to have the lounge for a leisurely breakfast or to have a drink in the afternoon.

However, if you take a table service meal for lunch, maybe a break back at the hotel might not be necessary.

For food, 2 things to keep in mind:
- Disneyland Paris is not a food destination. It never was, it never will be. With French Cuisine being such a huge thing, and many great restaurants in Paris and area, DLP decided not to compete. So adjust your expectations.
There are many good options, but especially quick service is regular themepark food.

For table service: Walt's, Remy's, Captain Jack's or Agrabah Café (underappreciated) in the parks. In Disney Village I really enjoy The Royal Pub and Annette's. Never been there, but heard good things about the restaurants in the Marvel hotel.
For quick service: Hakuna Matata, Cowboy Cookout (good value for money) or Toad's Hall (check opening times)
For snacks: Chicken bites at Cafe de la Brousse, the snacks at the Old Mill and milshakes and pastries at Victoria's.

- A table service meal in France is not rushed. It can easily take 1,5-2 hours. Keep this in mind for both your trip to DLP as to Paris.

Additional tip:
Keep an eye on social media, mainly Facebook for ED92, Pixiedust.be and DLP Report. These have almost every day reporters in the park. They can keep you up to date about seasonal snacks and merchandise.

For rides:
Have a look at a youtube channel like SoCal 360 (https://www.youtube.com/@Attractions360/search?query=paris) they have great onride videos and you can get a feel of which rides you might want to do and which to skip.
The only thing missing is Avengers Campus and Route 66. The latter one you can skip for sure.

Big Thunder Mountain is considered the best of all parks. So that should be a must. Regardless of your preferences ;-) Unless you don't do Big Thunder Mountain in the US, DLP has a more intense version.

Identical, or near identical rides are: Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear, Small World, Pinocchio, Ratatouille, Webslingers.

Entertainment:
We do not have information yet what kind of entertainment we will have by May next year. For sure we will have a day parade and fireworks (Disney Dreams is amazing) and I assume they will keep the drone show after the 30th anniversary ended.

I hope there will be a festival like Pirates & Princesses or Jungle Book Jive. Together with the 30th anniversary show Disney has really upped their outdoor shows in recent yearrs and shouldn't be missed.

Besides the Spring Break, May 1st is a bank holiday in many European countries. It won't be Summer busy, but it'll be busy for sure. I would look into splurging on a Premier Access pass. I would prioritize this over a more expensive hotel room, tbh.

If the hotel is important to you and you plan to spend much time there, either go for Marvel or New Port Bay, standard room or club room, or a club room in Sequoia Lodge. It's nice to have the lounge for a leisurely breakfast or to have a drink in the afternoon.

However, if you take a table service meal for lunch, maybe a break back at the hotel might not be necessary.

For food, 2 things to keep in mind:
- Disneyland Paris is not a food destination. It never was, it never will be. With French Cuisine being such a huge thing, and many great restaurants in Paris and area, DLP decided not to compete. So adjust your expectations.
There are many good options, but especially quick service is regular themepark food.

For table service: Walt's, Remy's, Captain Jack's or Agrabah Café (underappreciated) in the parks. In Disney Village I really enjoy The Royal Pub and Annette's. Never been there, but heard good things about the restaurants in the Marvel hotel.
For quick service: Hakuna Matata, Cowboy Cookout (good value for money) or Toad's Hall (check opening times)
For snacks: Chicken bites at Cafe de la Brousse, the snacks at the Old Mill and milshakes and pastries at Victoria's.

- A table service meal in France is not rushed. It can easily take 1,5-2 hours. Keep this in mind for both your trip to DLP as to Paris.

Additional tip:
Keep an eye on social media, mainly Facebook for ED92, Pixiedust.be and DLP Report. These have almost every day reporters in the park. They can keep you up to date about seasonal snacks and merchandise.

For rides:
Have a look at a youtube channel like SoCal 360 (https://www.youtube.com/@Attractions360/search?query=paris) they have great onride videos and you can get a feel of which rides you might want to do and which to skip.
The only thing missing is Avengers Campus and Route 66. The latter one you can skip for sure.

Big Thunder Mountain is considered the best of all parks. So that should be a must. Regardless of your preferences ;-) Unless you don't do Big Thunder Mountain in the US, DLP has a more intense version.

Identical, or near identical rides are: Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear, Small World, Pinocchio, Ratatouille, Webslingers.

Entertainment:
We do not have information yet what kind of entertainment we will have by May next year. For sure we will have a day parade and fireworks (Disney Dreams is amazing) and I assume they will keep the drone show after the 30th anniversary ended.

I hope there will be a festival like Pirates & Princesses or Jungle Book Jive. Together with the 30th anniversary show Disney has really upped their outdoor shows in recent yearrs and shouldn't be missed.
Thank you for all of this! Especially the comment on the restaurants - we'll keep our expectations in check. Which table service restaurant would you say is your number one recommendation?

We were looking at the Marvel NY hotel so maybe that will be the one if Disneyland Paris doesn't open in time.

Fingers crossedits open for your honeymoon in May. I really want to stay there in July. If its not open,I've decided on Newport Bay. I'm not into Marvel but do want to eat at the Italian restaurant in the NY hotel.

Hello! We are planning our Honeymoon and starting in Paris. I wanted to add a few days at Disneyland and really had dreams of staying at the Disneyland Hotel. I know it's being remodeled and scheduled for reopening in 2024, but do we think it will open by May 2024? I know it's a total guess but wondering what everyone thinks.

If it's not an option, what hotel would you recommend? Also would 2 full days be enough?? Any tips are welcome! We have never been to a non-US park but very excited!
We are going to DLP after time in Paris in early July 2024 and depending on the cost, we too are also interested in checking out the Disneyland Hotel as our lodging option.

So we are hopeful it opens before we arrive.

We are going to DLP after time in Paris in early July 2024 and depending on the cost, we too are also interested in checking out the Disneyland Hotel as our lodging option.

So we are hopeful it opens before we arrive.
My guess is that after its reopening, the Disneyland Hotel will be more expensive than Marvel. As long as it cannot be booked, I would keep an eye on Marvel and add 100-200 euro per night at least to get an estimate. But again, your guess is as good as mine. :)

Thank you for all of this! Especially the comment on the restaurants - we'll keep our expectations in check. Which table service restaurant would you say is your number one recommendation?
Walt's. The food is good, it's approachable yet "fancy". A close second for me is Jack's. The food is a bit creative(a rarity in any Disney park) and like the DL version eating next to the boat path for Pirates is fun. Booking either for a late lunch is a great choice when the parks are at their busiest. Sit back and enjoy a nice break when the crowds are at their worst.

We have an opening period! The hotel will reopen the 1st quarter of 2024. Reservations open on September 12 and by then we should know more about an exact re-opening date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter