Disneyland Paris

humbug83

Earning My Ears
Hi

I just wondered what is the best sort of bag to take to Disneyland Paris. Do they allow you to take bags on the rides?

Is it possible to take pictures on the rides?

Do they search every bag at the entrance as want to take in some food and drink but have been told that it is banned?

Has anyone stayed at the Mytravel Explorer's hotel? What is it like there?

Do all the staff just speak French?

Also can you go in and out of the parks as many times as you want in a day?

You can take bags on all the rides I've been on which is all of them except for the roller coasters. We always take around a back pack which we carry the baby's nappies, wipes etc, video and digital camera as well as snacks like drinks and apples. I have been there three times and have never had my bag searched yet on entry to the park. You can come and go as often as you like, just get your hand stamped (invisible ink) when you are leaving and this allows you to return at any stage during the day. You can take pictures on most of the rides, some of the shows prohibit their use though. The CM's also speak english, you will have no problem with this. I have never stayed in My Explorer's but believe there was a review done yesterday by someone who just returned from it. If I recall it was a very positive report but you can check it.

I tend to take a small rucksack with me, or sometimes a big shoulder bag. I've never had my bag searched, and always take a bottle of water with me, which they don't have a problem with. Picnics are banned, but I don't think you'd have a problem with a bit of food.

You need to take your bag with you on the rides (there's nowhere else to leave it), and photography's allowed, but no flash photography in shows and the like.

You can come and go as you please, and if you're staying in the hotel or have a hopper pass you can move between the parks.

Most of the cast members speak English, but the amount they speak varies, I've had fluent conversations with some, and been reduced to pointing at a menu with others. It's possible for you to get by speaking no French though.

I hope all this helped! :)

i seen the review now.

what did u do with the bags when u were on the rollercoasters then?

Sorry humbug but I haven't been on any of the roller coasters -perhaps it is ok to take them on. Could someone else answer this?

How long is a piece of string? ;) It all depends what you're planning on doing. You can get prices for food here. (That's the second time in 10 minutes I've posted that link. I must like it :teeth: ), and you'll need to think about how much you'll want to spend on souveneirs. Bear in mind that all the 3 euro drinks, and popcorn all adds up, so it might pay to take a bit more than you're planning on spending.

I always wrapped the strap of my bag around my leg when I went on rides, and never had any problems.

Humbug, how many of you are going as how much money you will need will depend on this. Food is very expensive in the park. We are a family of four, two adults, a 6 year old and a 2 year old (who doesn't eat much.) We just got back from a 4 night, 5 day visit and took 800 euro. We came back with nothing and spent an extra 150 euro on credit card, however, please take into account that we did buy both the kids quite a bit including expensive costumes and toys etc

PigSoldier said:
How long is a piece of string? ;) It all depends what you're planning on doing. You can get prices for food here. (That's the second time in 10 minutes I've posted that link. I must like it :teeth: ), and you'll need to think about how much you'll want to spend on souveneirs. Bear in mind that all the 3 euro drinks, and popcorn all adds up, so it might pay to take a bit more than you're planning on spending.

I always wrapped the strap of my bag around my leg when I went on rides, and never had any problems.

Thanks for the link how do i see the prices?

If you click on the restaurant name, there'll be a menu icon in the top left corner. Click there, and voila! :)

If it were me I would bring about 70 euro per day for each of you to cover costs of food and drinks. Of course it will depend on how well (or not) you want to eat but this should allow you to have one cheapish meal as well as a more expensive one per day as well as allowing for drinks snacks etc. You will need extra for souvenirs

Hi Humbug and welcome to the boards

How much would you normally tip at home ? This might be a good indicator.
We've only every had our bags checked a couple of times going into the parks, but almost every time going to Disney Village :rolleyes:

Reid

no more that any other park. There is a little shop with sales on the way out of the park (on the right side as you leave).
We tend to budget for food so i have an envelope for lunch and one for dinner each day. I always aim a little high so i have something left to add to my souvenier fund.
the food web site is really great and after you have been you could leave feedback there so others can see how the restuarants are
Nikki
spain

humbug83 said:
are souvenirs expensive too???

I have found stuff varies. You can get some lovely cheap plastic tat if that's what your young uns are in to but you can also get some really expensive collectibles as well. There are some bits in the middle but IMHO they tend to be either one or the other.

Some of the pins are really nice and won't break the bank - and Disney watches and glasses are not too expensive either. I make a point of buying a pen of some kind and also I try and visit the little crystal stall in the Liberty Arcade as their stuff is pretty reasonable for souvenirs and it's a better quality for the 'grown up' collector.

Postcards are always a good buy if you want an inexpensive souvenir. I found I got funny looks when I refused the stamps they offered - I don't think they have postcard collectors in France! :rolleyes1

I've never had my bag searched either and I always take a bite or two of my own plus bottled water. The drinks in the parks are REALLY expensive I thought although there are water fountains so you can always refill your bottles there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter