Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

That handsome boy is Ned: https://disneylandcats.com/cat-profile-ned/. He is friendly and allows guests to pet him. He can often be seen napping during the day under the bushes around the DLH.
This wild-ish kingdom moment brought to you by Mutual of Omaha...

I am so happy this site exists, hahaha. One of the many underrated activities at DL is cat spotting. My DD and I spent a good part of one morning "talking" to Ned (hence that photo).

The WDW park reservation system is glitching in a positive way for APs.

They were able to book reservations for length of their resort stays and today, are able to book for any 3 additional days.

IT can’t replicate the glitch. DLR APs should at least attempt booking as both resort guest (if they have a resort reservation) and then as straight AP.

It’s a test that’s worth a try. View attachment 504291
From reading some of the responses. Some people with APs were able to book 3 passes with a hotel stay AND 3 additional ones at a different time. Others couldn't...so it depends if the person got lucky or not. Disney IT loves to keep us on our toes!

Quote from Newsom in this article:

"While speaking about forecasts and data, Newsom went out of his way to praise Disney for not reopening its Orange County Park. “I want to compliment Disney and their team for making that determination.”

He indicated that Disney’s decision may have come as a result of state guidance, or lack thereof. “They noted that the state had ceased offering guidelines in those categories. That is an example of the data informing decision making.”

https://deadline.com/2020/06/califo...-covid-infections-in-past-2-weeks-1202970053/

Also worth noting that Bob Iger is on the state's task force. He for sure knows when Gavin is going to give the go ahead.

Last edited:
Quote from Newsom in this article:

"While speaking about forecasts and data, Newsom went out of his way to praise Disney for not reopening its Orange County Park. “I want to compliment Disney and their team for making that determination.”

He indicated that Disney’s decision may have come as a result of state guidance, or lack thereof. “They noted that the state had ceased offering guidelines in those categories. That is an example of the data informing decision making.”

https://deadline.com/2020/06/califo...-covid-infections-in-past-2-weeks-1202970053/

So, in other words, some intern leaked the press conference agendas for next week to Iger and there was no mention of theme park guidelines being provided, so he proactively decided to announce a delay.

Not sure what is going to happen to DL AP, and if this is applicable to you, but for Disneyland Paris I just saw an announcement that DLP AP holders can be blocked for 14 days, if they do not show up for their reservation. Reservations can be cancelled up to 10:00 on the day off (regular park opening hours).

Also worth noting that Bob Igor is on the state's task force. He for sure knows when Gavin is going to give the go ahead.

Who is Bob Igor?
Oh, I know!
418TGXcvGaL._AC_SX466_.jpg

The only thing is- Disney is claiming that, not Newsom. He has not made any announcements about when he will or will not give guidelines. Disney gives this away by saying that the state “is indicating” that they won’t be able to open by the 17th instead of the state said they “won’t” or “cannot”. Plus Newsom is touting decreases is positive test amounts also....so anything can happen I guess.
He did actually... not theme parks directly. But mentioned two days ago in his press conference they wouldnt be realeasing anymore guidelines til after the 4th.

He did actually... not theme parks directly. But mentioned two days ago in his press conference they wouldnt be realeasing anymore guidelines til after the 4th.
Yes, exactly! I was focusing on the fact that he did not specify when he would give guidelines for the parks.

https://www.kennythepirate.com/2020...-with-disabilities-disney-says-no-exceptions/
Kenny the Pirate wrote an article regarding masks. At UO there are some medical exceptions, but Disney said they won't have exceptions, everyone must wear a mask. I guess this would be the same for DL? I haven't heard anything official though.

*I support mask wearing, but I do know there are people out there who have medical concerns with wearing one. I've even read various mask orders for counties and cities that mention if you have a medical issue that makes wearing a mask difficult or dangerous you don't have to wear one*

https://www.kennythepirate.com/2020...-with-disabilities-disney-says-no-exceptions/
Kenny the Pirate wrote an article regarding masks. At UO there are some medical exceptions, but Disney said they won't have exceptions, everyone must wear a mask. I guess this would be the same for DL? I haven't heard anything official though.

*I support mask wearing, but I do know there are people out there who have medical concerns with wearing one. I've even read various mask orders for counties and cities that mention if you have a medical issue that makes wearing a mask difficult or dangerous you don't have to wear one*

Unfortunately, I think all the people lying that they have disabilities just to get out of wearing one have ruined it for everyone else. I'm not sure if you saw that article about this circulating but there's all these 'guides' out there on how to create a fake ADA exemption card to show people if you don't want to wear a mask. >:( Which are now getting called out but this is probably Disney's concern. If you make a medical exemption, tons of people with falsely claim they have one to get out of wearing it which negates the safety of masks. And I'm sure the unions wouldn't be on board with that either.

ETA: from what I understand based on what our university is talking about, having a medical condition doesn't mean you are totally 'allowed' in a space where masks are required if you can't wear one because of the risk. It gets really complicated but what we were told the public risk of being there with no mask overrules the 'equal alternative' the ADA usually covers. So in our case, students that can't wear masks will be told to take classes online. I think. Who knows, it's crazy complicated! But in the case of Disneyland, I'm sure they have the legal right to do this based on what I've learned.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I think all the people lying that they have disabilities just to get out of wearing one have ruined it for everyone else. I'm not sure if you saw that article about this circulating but there's all these 'guides' out there on how to create a fake ADA exemption card to show people if you don't want to wear a mask. >:( Which are now getting called out but this is probably Disney's concern. If you make a medical exemption, tons of people with falsely claim they have one to get out of wearing it which negates the safety of masks. And I'm sure the unions wouldn't be on board with that either.

ETA: from what I understand based on what our university is talking about, having a medical condition doesn't mean you are totally 'allowed' in a space where masks are required if you can't wear one because of the risk. It gets really complicated but what we were told the public risk of being there with no mask overrules the 'equal alternative' the ADA usually covers. So in our case, students that can't wear masks will be told to take classes online. I think. Who knows, it's crazy complicated! But in the case of Disneyland, I'm sure they have the legal right to do this based on what I've learned.
Yes I've seen that! I'm sure that is Disney's concern too!

Yes I've seen that! I'm sure that is Disney's concern too!

Which is really uncool because it basically pushes out guests that have disabilities that prevent them from wearing masks. I know some places allow face shields in their place but I don't think that was allowed at Disney Springs so far?

I'm really curious what their procedures will be with non-compliant guests on the mask wearing. I hope that's something that's said loud and clear to discourage (what it sounds like the CMs are so worried about) all the angry anti-mask folks.

Which is really uncool because it basically pushes out guests that have disabilities that prevent them from wearing masks. I know some places allow face shields in their place but I don't think that was allowed at Disney Springs so far?
Yeah at my local Target they allow shields. I think at DS they are wanting masks though. I guess when DTD opens we will know what they want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter