Disneyland, Universal or Six Flags?

tiggerlady

Mouseketeer
Hi we will be staying in Newport for 3 days on a tour of California,Las vegas & GC, we will be arriving late Fri 20 May and leaving for LV on Mon 23 so have only 1 day to visit a park,(want to see Newport beaches) we have been to WDW 8 times done all the parks including Universal, my dilemna should we go to DL even though it will be the weekend and probably very busy due to the 50th celebrations,go to Universal (will it be very different ) or travel a lot further and visit Six Flags, your views are welcome. :wave:

For an all around entertaining day, I would still choose Disneyland Park over the other two. You can get a one-day hopper pass, and visit the attractions that are different than the ones at WDW. Also, this is the ORIGINAL MAGIC KINGDOM, and has Walt's touch throughout the park. With the attractions and entertainment all over, this would offer the best experience in my opinion.

If you are a true movie buff, then I would choose Universal Studios -- from my understanding it is very different than the one in Florida. There are not really too many rides, and it has a lot of history from the movies that have been made there.

If you are a real rollercoaster fan, and that is your thing, then you might want to try Six Flags Magic Mountain.

We did these parks last summer. Since you've done the Orlando Universal, you can skip it. We thought Magic Mountain was fabulous but we are huge roller coaster fans. We also really enjoyed DCA. Disneyland was very, very crowded while we were there and we weren't that impressed with the overall park but really enjoyed a few rides (Indy being the most impressive). I think we are going to go back this summer (a long haul from Toronto) but we will do Disneyland and DCA and Magic Mountain again. We also went to Knotts and were the least impressive with that park out of all the California amusement parks.

:sunny: Thanks for your input, I have realised you can get a 2 park hopper for 1 day so my plan at the moment is to be early for Disneyland park, ride some different things like Indiana and a few others then move over to Adventureland for the rest of the day, as I suspect that Disneyland will be the busiest on a Sunday, how easy is it to do this,is there transport or do we just move our car,also is there somewhere to have a rest without leaving the parks ie a nice grassy area to sit & relax?

If by Adventureland you mean Disney's California Adventure, take a look at this map.
http://www.beachcalifornia.com/dlmp.html
You only have to exit disneyland and walk acroos the esplanade to the entrance of the other park.
I think you will enjoy Disneyland and should concentrate on that.
Universal Studios Hollywood is not as good of a themepark as the one in Orlando but it is MUCH better as far as touring a real studio. There is much more history (though they don't quite promote it as much as they used to) and if you love movies this is better than Orlando. There are less rides at this one.
I haven't been to Magic Mountain in a long time but it is mainly a thrill park so if you like coasters they have many. It is also a fairly pretty park but the farthest away to go visit.

With the start of the 50th being so close to your trip, I would plan on a very crowded DL. If you have plans of enjoying your visit, a weekend visit to any of the parks will be crowded. remember to check the Angels schedule, as the ballpark traffic will determine traffic flow around DL. You might want to consider Sea World in San Diego. It has a more intimate fell than the park in Orlando.

DITTO on the DL choice !!

Magic Mountain has a ton of rides, and along with them the gangs like to hang out also.

Did I mention the Mountain hehehe, up-n-down a few times and a long day you are ready to leave and fight the fraffic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter