Disneyland Versus the Magic Kingdom

dizzyami said:
Ok, I have a horrible question - and please no one throw anything at me (especially anything heavy).

I have been to WDW once, I was eight years old and it was 1985. I remember the place being filthy, trash and cig. butts everywhere - and I never wanted to go back as a kid because DL was so much cleaner. So, this was 21 years ago, is my memory just flawed??? I am assuming this is not a problem now - right???

Again, excuse my ignorance, I have just seen so many fights over the two parks - so I really wanted to clarify b/c my memory of WDW is not good.

Just the Opposite - I went to DL several times (10+) in the 70's and 80's then in 1996. First trip to WDW was in 1997 and was amazed how much cleaner it was then DL. We are DVC members now and have been back to WDW 12 times since , I favorerd DL over MK for several trips before I got used to MK for layout and rides but not once did I ever feel DL was Cleaner - WDW is by far the cleanest place in the US.

Heading back to DL in 11 days for the first time staying on site (GC) and cannot wait to view it now as a WDW veteran

dizzyami said:
Ok, I have a horrible question - and please no one throw anything at me (especially anything heavy).

I have been to WDW once, I was eight years old and it was 1985. I remember the place being filthy, trash and cig. butts everywhere - and I never wanted to go back as a kid because DL was so much cleaner. So, this was 21 years ago, is my memory just flawed??? I am assuming this is not a problem now - right???

Again, excuse my ignorance, I have just seen so many fights over the two parks - so I really wanted to clarify b/c my memory of WDW is not good.
I have been to WDW many times, but DLR only once (so far; that will change!).
I found both WDW and DLR to be about the same in the cleanliness/upkeep department. That is to say, both were excellent.
Neither park is perfect, as there was the occasional overflowing garbage can. After all, perfection is a tall order. :smokin:

MG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter