Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

We just got back, our granddaughter picked the resort. It was our first time staying at a value resort and it wasn't to bad. I have to give a thanks to the staff as we had brought down a stroller for the granddaughter and I did not check the tire pressure and with her in it they were flat. We went to the front desk and they had a person from there maintenance crew take it to the shop and fill the tires, boy did that help us out...big thanks for the help on this...the buses were not a problem as there was always room for us,some standing required. My wife and granddaughter learned a valuable lesson, don't stand next to the kid that had to much to eat and was overdressed for the hot day, yes vomit does splash from the floor up your legs...lol...the pools were fun for the granddaughter, a little crowded at times. The room was fine and clean, had to bribe the mouse-keeper for extra towels for the pool. All in all not a bad place to stay.

The only thing that was annoying was some miss information from the front desk when we clarified the magic express times,the clerk told us that we could check in using frontier airlines at the magical express and we should get in line about an hour earlier then our departure time. We stood in line for about forty five minutes to be told, we can't check you in on frontier here you have to do it at the airport. So lesson learned on this one.

As I said not too bad

The room was fine and clean, had to bribe the mouse-keeper for extra towels for the pool. All in all not a bad place to stay.

she shouldn't have given you any problem with that. for future reference (or for anyone's information) you can just ask any housekeepr for towels. it doesn't have to be "your" housekeeper. they are all around the resort with their carts. just ask one of them for a bunch of towels for the pool . they always give them to you. or just grab a few from a cart.

Just back on Saturday from a week at ASMu. We stayed in a family suite, first floor, building one, non-poolside, without requesting anything. We were pleased, but I wouldn't have minded poolside either. The room was clean, plenty of room for 4 adults & one child. CM's very helpful & friendly. We used the food court three times & enjoyed everything we ate. DD traded pins in the lobby & at the pool during the movie. She also enjoyed the main pool. We never waited over five minutes for a bus and only shared a couple of times the entire week. Never a problem. We've stayed deluxe, moderate, & value and have enjoyed them all.

We stayed at a family suite at ASMu at the beginning of May. We loved having all that space (there were 6 of us for 5 days and 3 of us for an additional 5 days). I really loved it when we only had three of us there! The staff there is AMAZING! The food court was just okay to me but just because I was not real wild about my options. But what we did have was good. The staff at the Gift Shop were simply fantastic too! Always friendly and talkative. WE did not have too many full buses, but it was the First Star Wars Weekend, so those busses were a little full.

We are actually planning on staying here again in the fall of 2016!

Excited to be headed back here for our August trip! The family suite works so well for us and I love the resort.

We're booked for a free dining stay the week before Thanksgiving. I'd like to be as close as possible to the buses. I requested first floor, close to transportation when I made my reservations--should I call back and specifically request the Jazz building or just leave it as is?

We're booked for a free dining stay the week before Thanksgiving. I'd like to be as close as possible to the buses. I requested first floor, close to transportation when I made my reservations--should I call back and specifically request the Jazz building or just leave it as is?

I requested the Jazz Building! Each time I have I had no problems and was given that building!
We are going the end of September with free dining!

Calypso buildings are closer to main building than Jazz Inn. We were in building one, non-poolside and it was a very good location.

Calypso building is closer but it is a preferred room and costs more money per night. Jazz is the next closest which is a standard room.

Calypso buildings are closer to main building than Jazz Inn. We were in building one, non-poolside and it was a very good location.

Calypso building is closer but it is a preferred room and costs more money per night. Jazz is the next closest which is a standard room.

Thank you for your replies. There were no preferred rooms available for our dates, so I'll just try for the closest standard view rooms. I've had good luck in the past requesting close to transportation, but have never requested a specific building. I think I'll call and add request for Jazz to my reservation.

the half of the Jazz section closest to the food court, etc. is also preferred. so you would be on the further half of Jass (closer to the piano pool) we have been there, 1st floor and it's not a long walk at all.
I would request Jazz, to be more specific. caus somje rooms on the back end of braodway or rock inn could be considerd close to transportation, in the room assinger's mind.
UNLESS it is very importatn to you to be on 1st floor. you could make "1st floor" your first request and "jazz section" your 2nd. the thing is you might get Jazz 4th floor. the room assinger thinking w'' at least we gave them one of their requests.

the half of the Jazz section closest to the food court, etc. is also preferred. so you would be on the further half of Jass (closer to the piano pool) we have been there, 1st floor and it's not a long walk at all.
I would request Jazz, to be more specific. caus somje rooms on the back end of braodway or rock inn could be considerd close to transportation, in the room assinger's mind.
UNLESS it is very importatn to you to be on 1st floor. you could make "1st floor" your first request and "jazz section" your 2nd. the thing is you might get Jazz 4th floor. the room assinger thinking w'' at least we gave them one of their requests.
When did half of Jazz become Preferred? I can find one travel agency website that says both Calypso and Jazz are Preferred and I know that's wrong. According to Dreams Unlimited only Calypso is Preferred.

Only Calypso is preferred. 'Preferred' refers to the single rooms. Not the suites.

Both Calypso and Jazz have family suites....that is probably where the confusion is coming from.

apparently I am the one who is confused..... so stop blalming each other!! LOL (except I know I'm not! I know it!!! :) )
i wlil find it.. I swear! (but I will be happy if I'm wrong)

ok I searchde robo maps, allearsnet. many sites. I guess I was wrong. but I swear once we payed for preferred and were put in jazz section. I hope I am wrong, as we requested jazz on our upcoming trip. my apologies to everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter