Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

In the past, the resorts gave out parking tags to put on your dash, but I have heard that has changed. If your mom is babysitting, you might want to add her to the room so she has full access to amenities at the resort without having to use the kid's bands. You can add her the day she arrives and tell them how many days she is staying. If she is the 3rd adult in the room, then you would need to pay a $10/night fee for the days she stays.

I'm pretty sure you do not have to pay the extra adult fee per night in the suites...

Ok so if there is no fee for the fifth person in a suite, does she need to inform parking that she is sleeping overnight?
Thanks for the help.

Ok so if there is no fee for the fifth person in a suite, does she need to inform parking that she is sleeping overnight?
Thanks for the help.

If it were me, I'd keep it simple and just tell the parking guard I was at AoA to visit someone at the resort. That should be sufficient.

Room request question
I'm leaning towards AoA because the extra beds seem much more comfortable for adults then the All Star Music suite beds.
I like the Nemo section theme best but not enough to pay extra for it. If we book the unspecified section option, can we request the Nemo section at online check in?

Just added a night to our trip (Disney math made sense to do this!) and the only room (besides deluxe) we can get is a mermaid room! We will be coming after 2 nights at POFQ. We really won't have much time at all to enjoy it, it's going to be a place to rest our heads & that's about it, but I'm excited just to be there!

Room request question
I'm leaning towards AoA because the extra beds seem much more comfortable for adults then the All Star Music suite beds.
I like the Nemo section theme best but not enough to pay extra for it. If we book the unspecified section option, can we request the Nemo section at online check in?

You can, but since it's a preferred location and therefore more $$ it's highly unlikely you will get it.

Does anyone know where the laundry facilities are located and how much they cost? I can't seem to find the info anywhere!

Does anyone know where the laundry facilities are located and how much they cost? I can't seem to find the info anywhere!

If you look at the map on the first post of this thread, they are the small building at each of the pools. There's a tiny laundry symbol on the buildings on the map (though it's difficult to see) - the red AED symbol is what will probably catch your eye first. I'm not positive on the cost, but I *think* it's $2 per load of wash and $2 per 30-minute drying cycle. It's been a few years since I've done laundry there.

Do you think housekeeping would have a problem bringing us several extra blankets and 2 extra sets of sheets? We're bringing 2 camping mattresses for our little kids to sleep on so no one has to share a bed (except dh and me, of course) but the camping mattresses are much more comfortable with a bit of extra padding on top. At home, we put a sleeping bag on top and then put a sheet over that, but I'd rather not have to take up space and weight in my luggage with two sleeping bags. I'm thinking a couple blankets would be the equivalent of a sleeping bag for padding, but I'm afraid they'll balk at that. I don't want to cause any trouble. What do you think?

Do you think housekeeping would have a problem bringing us several extra blankets and 2 extra sets of sheets? We're bringing 2 camping mattresses for our little kids to sleep on so no one has to share a bed (except dh and me, of course) but the camping mattresses are much more comfortable with a bit of extra padding on top. At home, we put a sleeping bag on top and then put a sheet over that, but I'd rather not have to take up space and weight in my luggage with two sleeping bags. I'm thinking a couple blankets would be the equivalent of a sleeping bag for padding, but I'm afraid they'll balk at that. I don't want to cause any trouble. What do you think?
I really don't think they will mind. We have asked for extra blankets before and there was never any issues or concerns

We've done that every time we've stayed at AoA. No one has ever batted an eye about it. You should not have any problems. The only issue might be if you arrive late at night -- it might take a little while for them to bring them to the room depending on staffing. I always call housekeeping as soon as we get to the room to request extra sheets, blankets, and towels (if we haven't passed a cart of towels at the elevator and already grabbed a few extras).

Does AoA (or Pop, since it's close) stock skim milk (fat free) in the gift shop (or wherever they carry their selection of grocery items)?

The last time my parents went to WDW, my mother used an ECV. She says she doesn't feel like she needs one on this trip but I want to make sure we figure everything out in case she does need one. We will have a family suite and my DH and I will be sleeping on the table or couch (or one of us on each, sometimes we like our space :rotfl2:). Will an ECV fit in the suite without being too in the way? I know the main living/dining area is very well laid out but it seems like there's no space for an ECV to sit without being in the way. Is there room in the bedroom?

Halloween is our first full day, we'll be doing MK, but not MNSSHP because money (and for whatever reason my kids were just like, Nah). At least one of my kids was a little bummed that he wouldn't be trick or treating this year. Then Kenny dropped the Halloween resort schedules (click here) ... Trick or Treating, characters, AND a Halloween parade at AoA. Damn. As if my kids weren't already going to think I'm awesome! I'm about to be Superdad in 3.5 weeks.

Halloween is our first full day, we'll be doing MK, but not MNSSHP because money (and for whatever reason my kids were just like, Nah). At least one of my kids was a little bummed that he wouldn't be trick or treating this year. Then Kenny dropped the Halloween resort schedules (click here) ... Trick or Treating, characters, AND a Halloween parade at AoA. Damn. As if my kids weren't already going to think I'm awesome! I'm about to be Superdad in 3.5 weeks.
Sounds awesome!!!

Do they have a coffee maker? Sorry if asked before I haven't read all 233 pages

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter