Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Wife and I would like to have 1 night we stay at resort and enjoy the local watering hole. How late does it stay open?

Wife and I would like to have 1 night we stay at resort and enjoy the local watering hole. How late does it stay open?

"Landscape of Flavors" (the food court) is open until midnight, although available services wind down through the night -- you won't have full offerings all the way up until closing.

Sorry, should have been more specific, was wondering about adult drinks at bars onsite.

When we were there in June, it was open until at least 11:30. I have a receipt from 11:00 for a round of drinks and I know my son bought another round after that. And then the bar closed (without warning -- no "last call") sometime after that round. It may have been as late as midnight, but I think it was 11:30. We would have bought another round if the bartender had told us he was closing (we were at a table about 10 ft. from the bar -- he could have easily said something without even raising his voice). I don't remember if there were posted hours or not. But for reference, the pool closed at 10:00 that night. And we were the only ones (table of 4) sitting near the bar for at least 30 minutes before it closed.

Hi all! Does anyone know if Landscape of Flavors has chicken fingers/nuggets in their kids menu? Thanks!!

The Disney menus online currently list them as an option which is good news for us too. I think they may have recently been added as Touring Plans menus (last verified at LOF in June) did not list them.

ETA: Now that I started looking more closely at the menu, I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for dinner at LOF? We are staying here for one night in November and plan to have dinner at the resort. I'm so excited to try out a Family Suite!!!

Last edited:
Room numbers, do I have this correct: first digit is the building (Cars are 1,2,3...), second digit is a 5,6,7,8 meaning first floor then second floor and so on? Then the last numbers are where the room is located in the hallway?

We just got back on Tuesday and we really enjoyed our stay in the Little Mermaid section. We got what we requested (Triton building facing the Ursula statue). I didn't find the walk to transportation or the main building any longer than what I do on my commute every day so that was fine. It was fun to walk through the Lion King section every day. Unfortunately we couldn't make much use of the pool because our planned pool day was the day the hurricane shut it down.

We had great luck with buses. I don't think we ever waited more than ten minutes and mostly only waited 5. That includes the evening that everyone was headed to Disney Springs when it opened after Matthew.

I would not hesistate to stay here again.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but are there showers at the pool? I am running the half marathon in a few weeks and am concerned about making it back in time for a super quick shower before check out time rolls around. I am hoping to use the pool shower as a worst-case scenario just in case the race runs late and I'm unable to get a slightly-late check out:)

Hi all! We are 4 adults and 2 kids (ages 6 and 3) staying in a Nemo Suite. We intend to run to Walmart/Target to pick up mattresses for the kids to sleep on in the bedroom area. I've seen the floorplan, but am unsure of the actual space available. Spatially, does it make sense to buy two small mattresses or one double mattress for them to share? Can the bed be moved? Thanks so much!

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but are there showers at the pool? I am running the half marathon in a few weeks and am concerned about making it back in time for a super quick shower before check out time rolls around. I am hoping to use the pool shower as a worst-case scenario just in case the race runs late and I'm unable to get a slightly-late check out:)

Disregard, was able to call them and confirm!:)

Hi all! We are 4 adults and 2 kids (ages 6 and 3) staying in a Nemo Suite. We intend to run to Walmart/Target to pick up mattresses for the kids to sleep on in the bedroom area. I've seen the floorplan, but am unsure of the actual space available. Spatially, does it make sense to buy two small mattresses or one double mattress for them to share? Can the bed be moved? Thanks so much!
Based on below, I would think you could fit the two small mattresses between the bed and the bathroom -- or one there and the other at the foot of the bed -- you just have to remember not to step on the kids if you need to get up in the middle of the night -- which I'm sure you would be careful about.

Good luck and enjoy.

Tom

We've stayed in a LK suite twice and a Nemo suite once and and don't think the bed can be moved. It's on a pedestal. I will say I've never actually tried to move it so maybe someone who is there now or is going soon could try to see if it moves. I think you're definitely going to want to buy 2 individual mattresses as opposed to a double. And if you plan to put both of them in the bedroom, I'd probably try to buy one of the toddler size ones for the 3 yo if s/he will fit on it. I think you would be able to fit 2 standard single mattresses in the bedroom but it's going to be tight. I did measure the distance between the bed and the wall and it is 38" (a standard twin air mattress is 39" wide) so you *might* be able to squish one between the bed and the wall but obviously the person sleeping on that side of the bed would have to crawl to the foot of the bed to get out. *MAYBE* a double would fit between the bed and the bathroom but I wouldn't chance it unless someone gets exact measurements because you've got a night stand and a slanted wall to work around. *IF* a double would fit there, you would not be able to get in or out of the room and you wouldn't be able to get to the bathroom without stepping on the mattress. I did drag one twin-size mattress in the bedroom to see how it would fit between the bed and the bathroom because it always looks like there is a ton of space there. Unfortunately, it blocks both the bedroom and bathroom door to some degree. Even if you put it tight against the bed, it will partially block the door coming in to the bedroom (you wouldn't be able to open it very far. I think it was too small for a person to fit through) and would partially block the path from the foot of the bed to the bathroom. The bathroom door was a little easier to deal with since it opens in to the bathroom rather than outward to the bedroom space, but you're going to have the challenge of getting around the mattress to get there. The person sleeping on that side of the bed would have to crawl to the end to get out of bed *and* they''d have to step over at least part of the air mattress to get to the bathroom (as would the person on the other side of the bed). I *think* an air mattress will fit at the foot of the bed, but I didn't write down those measurements so I don't know for sure. But the mattress would definitely take up the entire space so no one would be able to walk through there or open probably the bottom 2 drawers on each side of the dresser. The bedroom is a great size and it looks like it has a ton of space...until you try and put an air mattress in it.

Another thought -- would they be able to share a single mattress sleeping at opposite ends? My kids used to do that when we'd visit relatives who only had one single bed for them to share -- each kid would put their head at opposite ends of the bed. Their feet would touch if they stretched out, but they usually both curled up in a ball to sleep so there was plenty of space. And one other thought (though this is a little more challenging depending on the logistics of your family), my daughter loves to sleep on the sofa cushions from the sofa bed in the living room. If you take the seat cushions off and turn them upside down, it's almost like a little "trough". I call mousekeeping to get extra sheets and blankets and make a bed out of it. I've heard/read of other people doing the same thing. It's smaller than a twin mattress and would probably fit easily between the bed and the wall or at the foot of the bed with a little room to spare. Either one of your children would probably fit on that (my daughter is now almost 5' tall and she still used that for a bed this summer). It works for us because our son who sleeps on the sofa bed always has the bed open because it's easier for 2 or 3 kids to lay on the bed rather than sit on the couch to watch TV. It might not work as well if the other adults in your party either want to use the couch to watch TV, or if they are using the sofa bed, they'd have to open it up whenever your kids are ready for bed.

We use 2 twin mattresses every time we stay in the suites (4 kids -- tween through early 20's -- none of them like to share a bed) and there is room for 2 twin size mattresses out in the main living space, but I would not want to have 2 of them in the bedroom if I could avoid it. Personally, if I needed to have 2 kids sleeping on air mattresses in the master bedroom, I would be searching online or in a local store for youth or toddler size beds and if you're flying, have them (and an air pump) shipped right to the resort. I'd also take packing tape, some paper/labels, and a marker to reuse the shipping box(es) to ship everything home at the end of the trip. Or depending on the cost, just leave them behind or try to pass them off to another DISer who might need them.

Based on below, I would think you could fit the two small mattresses between the bed and the bathroom -- or one there and the other at the foot of the bed -- you just have to remember not to step on the kids if you need to get up in the middle of the night -- which I'm sure you would be careful about.

Good luck and enjoy.

Tom
Thank you very much!

We've stayed in a LK suite twice and a Nemo suite once and and don't think the bed can be moved. It's on a pedestal. I will say I've never actually tried to move it so maybe someone who is there now or is going soon could try to see if it moves. I think you're definitely going to want to buy 2 individual mattresses as opposed to a double. And if you plan to put both of them in the bedroom, I'd probably try to buy one of the toddler size ones for the 3 yo if s/he will fit on it. I think you would be able to fit 2 standard single mattresses in the bedroom but it's going to be tight. I did measure the distance between the bed and the wall and it is 38" (a standard twin air mattress is 39" wide) so you *might* be able to squish one between the bed and the wall but obviously the person sleeping on that side of the bed would have to crawl to the foot of the bed to get out. *MAYBE* a double would fit between the bed and the bathroom but I wouldn't chance it unless someone gets exact measurements because you've got a night stand and a slanted wall to work around. *IF* a double would fit there, you would not be able to get in or out of the room and you wouldn't be able to get to the bathroom without stepping on the mattress. I did drag one twin-size mattress in the bedroom to see how it would fit between the bed and the bathroom because it always looks like there is a ton of space there. Unfortunately, it blocks both the bedroom and bathroom door to some degree. Even if you put it tight against the bed, it will partially block the door coming in to the bedroom (you wouldn't be able to open it very far. I think it was too small for a person to fit through) and would partially block the path from the foot of the bed to the bathroom. The bathroom door was a little easier to deal with since it opens in to the bathroom rather than outward to the bedroom space, but you're going to have the challenge of getting around the mattress to get there. The person sleeping on that side of the bed would have to crawl to the end to get out of bed *and* they''d have to step over at least part of the air mattress to get to the bathroom (as would the person on the other side of the bed). I *think* an air mattress will fit at the foot of the bed, but I didn't write down those measurements so I don't know for sure. But the mattress would definitely take up the entire space so no one would be able to walk through there or open probably the bottom 2 drawers on each side of the dresser. The bedroom is a great size and it looks like it has a ton of space...until you try and put an air mattress in it.

Another thought -- would they be able to share a single mattress sleeping at opposite ends? My kids used to do that when we'd visit relatives who only had one single bed for them to share -- each kid would put their head at opposite ends of the bed. Their feet would touch if they stretched out, but they usually both curled up in a ball to sleep so there was plenty of space. And one other thought (though this is a little more challenging depending on the logistics of your family), my daughter loves to sleep on the sofa cushions from the sofa bed in the living room. If you take the seat cushions off and turn them upside down, it's almost like a little "trough". I call mousekeeping to get extra sheets and blankets and make a bed out of it. I've heard/read of other people doing the same thing. It's smaller than a twin mattress and would probably fit easily between the bed and the wall or at the foot of the bed with a little room to spare. Either one of your children would probably fit on that (my daughter is now almost 5' tall and she still used that for a bed this summer). It works for us because our son who sleeps on the sofa bed always has the bed open because it's easier for 2 or 3 kids to lay on the bed rather than sit on the couch to watch TV. It might not work as well if the other adults in your party either want to use the couch to watch TV, or if they are using the sofa bed, they'd have to open it up whenever your kids are ready for bed.

We use 2 twin mattresses every time we stay in the suites (4 kids -- tween through early 20's -- none of them like to share a bed) and there is room for 2 twin size mattresses out in the main living space, but I would not want to have 2 of them in the bedroom if I could avoid it. Personally, if I needed to have 2 kids sleeping on air mattresses in the master bedroom, I would be searching online or in a local store for youth or toddler size beds and if you're flying, have them (and an air pump) shipped right to the resort. I'd also take packing tape, some paper/labels, and a marker to reuse the shipping box(es) to ship everything home at the end of the trip. Or depending on the cost, just leave them behind or try to pass them off to another DISer who might need them.

Wow, thank you so much for all of the information! So, yes, my kids could absolutely share a twin. I was thinking just something like this:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-Twin-Classic-Downy-Airbed-Mattress/20449351

They're both super tiny kiddos, so no problem at all. It sounds like that might be the best way to go. Also really interesting about the seat cushions! I hadn't heard that before, so thank you. My youngest has a tonne of allergies, so it won't work for her just because of the allergens that can linger in the foam, etc., but it might just work for the older one if they're not enjoying sleeping together :) I really so appreciate all of the info - thank you!

**after thought, do you know if the side table moves? It would have to to fit the mattress in there, I'm guessing.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter