Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Hi! We are disney pros, but have never stayed at BW. We are FL residents and splurging Memorial Weekend for a birthday trip with a Club Level Deluxe (to accomodate 4 kids). We really plan on rope dropping and then heading back to the resort to fully enjoy it. Any helpful tiips?

I have a parking question, which I am afraid I already know the answer to. (Let me also say, by no means, am I trying to skirt the rules, just really looking to avoid the extra expense...must rather use it on a meal.) I am coming to the parks earlier with my husband and kids meeting me later. This means we will have 2 cars. Will we need to pay for both? We are also AP and NOT used to paying for parking. I haven't stayed resorts since the parking fees was started. Is there an option to avoiding paying for both cars? Unfortunately, we live too far away just to run a car back home and I'm coming earlier with out of state friends.

Thanks for the help! Really looking forward to staying here and relaxing! Last time we stayed club level was in 2013 at BC.
I don't know of any way to avoid the parking fee for each vehicle. Unfortunately all cars there overnight are charged a fee.

As for the resort, be sure to make it back by 5:00 so you can enjoy the evening offerings. I'd head out to the Boardwalk to catch the entertainers. If you want to watch Illuminations you can watch from the CL balcony or even from the bridge that crosses over to Epcot, if you don't want to walk back to Epcot.

Hi! We are disney pros, but have never stayed at BW. We are FL residents and splurging Memorial Weekend for a birthday trip with a Club Level Deluxe (to accomodate 4 kids). We really plan on rope dropping and then heading back to the resort to fully enjoy it. Any helpful tiips?

I have a parking question, which I am afraid I already know the answer to. (Let me also say, by no means, am I trying to skirt the rules, just really looking to avoid the extra expense...must rather use it on a meal.) I am coming to the parks earlier with my husband and kids meeting me later. This means we will have 2 cars. Will we need to pay for both? We are also AP and NOT used to paying for parking. I haven't stayed resorts since the parking fees was started. Is there an option to avoiding paying for both cars? Unfortunately, we live too far away just to run a car back home and I'm coming earlier with out of state friends.

Thanks for the help! Really looking forward to staying here and relaxing! Last time we stayed club level was in 2013 at BC.
Yes, you will pay for parking for both vehicles. The AP is just for parking at the theme parks. You don't have to pay for parking at the theme parks if you are a Disney resort guest. You could give up your Deluxe resort and stay at a value resort and pay less for resort parking.

Hi! We are disney pros, but have never stayed at BW. We are FL residents and splurging Memorial Weekend for a birthday trip with a Club Level Deluxe (to accomodate 4 kids). We really plan on rope dropping and then heading back to the resort to fully enjoy it. Any helpful tiips?l

BWI CL is amazing, you will love it! CL has some great offerings, so I agree with the pp on getting back around 5pm if you can to enjoy them. If you plan on some downtime, the pool is a nice way to relax, as is walking around the boardwalk taking in the beautiful surroundings. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Hi all!

Watched more videos again last night. I'm bit of an odd bird, I like to watch the videos where people film their walk - TTC to Poly, Beach Club to Epcot, etc. I found this one, from Boardwalk to DHS!

Enjoy 16 minutes of nothing but someone walking! :p

Hi all!

Watched more videos again last night. I'm bit of an odd bird, I like to watch the videos where people film their walk - TTC to Poly, Beach Club to Epcot, etc. I found this one, from Boardwalk to DHS!

Enjoy 16 minutes of nothing but someone walking! :p

Great!

Loves these videos as well, such a nice way to see what’s coming when you have a visit planned. Checking into BWV in 11 weeks :)

Quick question...do you have to scan your magic band to get into the main pool? I can't remember from when we stayed their last summer. I'm not trying to use the pool without staying. Just trying to give my friend accurate info for her stay.

Quick question...do you have to scan your magic band to get into the main pool? I can't remember from when we stayed their last summer. I'm not trying to use the pool without staying. Just trying to give my friend accurate info for her stay.
We have not ever had to scan our band to enter the pool

Hi friends- staying in BWV, 2 bedroom, boardwalk view. What should my room request be? Thanks!

Checked into BWV yesterday for a 9 night stay. We got the exact room area we wanted (dedicated studios, near the elevators, overlooking the creepy clown pool), so that was exciting!

For those who are tracking, 3064 on the villa side still has individual toiletries.

I'm sitting on the balcony listening to the rain as I type this. :-)

Morning! I think I'll be staying at Boardwalk Inn this summer (hopefully the last time I change my mind lol). I was showing my son pics of the resort and he's a little concerned about the clown... so if we are on the Inn side, will we have to walk by it to get to anything? I am hoping he'll be willing to try it out but if not I don't want to stress us out. I've changed plans a few times now :) Originally booked at Yacht Club which we loved two years ago, I changed a few times, realized I really wanted to be in the Epcot area and now the only thing I can really afford is BW so here we are! Excited to try a new resort, still be able to walk to Epcot (and Hollywood Studios) or take the boat, and hopefully take advantage of the pools :)

We do walk through the pool area to get To the Disney Studios walkway. At one point you could cut through the tennis courts if you started your walk at the front of the resort and walked towards the parking lot. Not sure if that has changed or not. Community hall is also over by the pool. The Boardwalk is such a neat resort hopefully you will all enjoy it.

Checked into BWV yesterday for a 9 night stay. We got the exact room area we wanted (dedicated studios, near the elevators, overlooking the creepy clown pool), so that was exciting!

For those who are tracking, 3064 on the villa side still has individual toiletries.

I'm sitting on the balcony listening to the rain as I type this. :-)

Glad you got the exact room you wanted! Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

Morning! I think I'll be staying at Boardwalk Inn this summer (hopefully the last time I change my mind lol). I was showing my son pics of the resort and he's a little concerned about the clown... so if we are on the Inn side, will we have to walk by it to get to anything? I am hoping he'll be willing to try it out but if not I don't want to stress us out. I've changed plans a few times now :) Originally booked at Yacht Club which we loved two years ago, I changed a few times, realized I really wanted to be in the Epcot area and now the only thing I can really afford is BW so here we are! Excited to try a new resort, still be able to walk to Epcot (and Hollywood Studios) or take the boat, and hopefully take advantage of the pools :)

We do walk through the pool area to get To the Disney Studios walkway. At one point you could cut through the tennis courts if you started your walk at the front of the resort and walked towards the parking lot. Not sure if that has changed or not. Community hall is also over by the pool. The Boardwalk is such a neat resort hopefully you will all enjoy it.
While yes, you do walk near the pool area to get to the walkway to HS you can't really see the clown on the way there. Due to the positioning of the slide and the way you enter to the side and circle around behind it, you never cross in front. So you'd have to make a concerted effort to see the clown face. Trust me, I get the issue, DH is one of "those anti-clown types" LOL

Yes you can avoid experiencing the Clown Face at the bottom of the Feature pool slide. It just requires a little extra walking / planning. Since the Clown Image is located only in the Feature pool area, just avoid that area.

From the Inn side you have a quite pool in the Inn Courtyard area and you can walk to the quite pool over by the BWV Community center. You just have to avoid cutting thru the Feature pool area.

To access HS if you are walking, just go down to the actual Boardwalk. Walk toward the Swan / Dolphin, when you reach the opening between Dueling Pianos and Atlantic Dance, turn left and walk directly toward the canal to reach the HS walking path. For this summer, I would suggest you just take the Friendship to HS. The reason for this suggestion is that the walking path to HS has little to no shade on the walk to HS.

No impact to access to Epcot, BC/YC and running into the Clown.

Dave

Here, I marked a couple of key spots on a map.
As you can see, if you take the tunnel that is cut through by the arcade you come out in such a way you don't have a good view of the clown's face
I have where the face is marked with a red line, and an arrow indicating the direction it faces. You follow the blue line to head towards HS. As Dory says, just keep swimming (aka walking), no stopping to look around, LOL If you look hard enough, you WILL see the clown. :joker:
You can take the boat but it does take longer. Even in the summer, we walk. 100% of the time, we are back at the resort before we'd be back if we rode the boat and most of the time, we are back before we'd even board a boat.
Clown.jpg

Yes listen to AngiTN. I should have been more specific when I said you do walk through the area but should be able to avoid seeing it for the most part. I do agree that the walk is much quicker. I think it has been eight years since we have ridden the boat to the studios or EPCOT. We love the walk. Very peaceful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter