Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Yacht Club used to have a freestyle machine, but I haven’t been in the QS for a while so I have no idea if they still do.

I knew YC has one because I used it in April. :rotfl:

I was hoping that they had added one when they renovated the Boardwalk Bakery. Oh well..

I'm hearing that Boardwalk is going to have limited availability into next year, does anyone know if that is true and if so, how comparable of an experience is it to Beach Club? TIA

I'm hearing that Boardwalk is going to have limited availability into next year, does anyone know if that is true and if so, how comparable of an experience is it to Beach Club? TIA
Are you talking about the Inn or DVC villas? The INN is being renovated now so no reason for there to be limited availability next year. And there seem to be lots of rooms available for the rest of this year.

is there a recent update about when, and how much of the refurb is done?
We left yesterday
None of the cottages are finished
3rd floor is still closed for 2nd half.
Maybe half the rooms on the 2nd half of the 4th floor are done. None of the big suites are done.
Some of the deluxe are being adapted to ADA so they are all still being worked.
There's way more active work on the 2nd half of the refurb than I had expected to see. The staff was thinking they'd be further along too. I'm glad they decided to go ahead with the reopening even with only part done though. We had a great trip and the only bother from construction was walking to the quiet pool or out of the doors to the boardwalk. They closed part of the walkways so you had to go around the cranes and such.

There is enough done that they were there doing a photo shoot on Wednesday.

They were not selling whole pizzas when we were there in October. Our family used to order a pizza two nights of our trip. The pizza window seemed to be much less busy, likely because of the change. I wish they would bring back the whole pizzas and the ToGo cart! 😭
People had whole pizzas this week. Maybe the just bought 4 slices? Only know they had full size pizza boxes and were eating out of them at the pool and at tables on the boardwalk

Last edited:
Hi all! Trying to get information about the refurbishments. As I understand it, currently working on some rooms in BWI, including Club Level. And this refurbishment is running a bit behind schedule, but do ya'll think it will be completed within the next couple of months? We're looking into where to stay at the end of July and we love the location of BWI and there are rooms available with the 25% discount. Has anyone heard if there will be any construction in the common areas (pools/restaurants) in the next 3-4 months? Thank you!
The work right now on the exterior of the rooms is in common areas. All the access areas to the Cottages, for instance, is full of equipment. But, I don't believe it's going to take till July to complete them. They were moving furniture in this week so they are getting closer but CL did not have a date for them.

Not sure if this is reported but wanted to share that I learned last night that the balcony from the CL will no longer be open. They had to close it off. The remodel raised the floor just enough that it will no longer pass ADA inspection due to the step height. They asked to install watch your step signs but they were denied. Unless they can enlarge the balcony to fit a ramp it can not be used by anyone.

Personally, I felt watching fireworks from it was pretty poor anyway so not much of a loss but I know many who did like it

Sorry haven’t found this:
Did the inn refurb change rooms to showers or do they still have a shower / tub combo?
Txs

We left yesterday
Maybe half the rooms on the 2nd half of the 4th floor are done. None of the big suites are done.
There's way more active work on the 2nd half of the refurb than I had expected to see. The staff was thinking they'd be further along too. I'm glad they decided to go ahead with the reopening even with only part done though. We had a great trip and the only bother from construction was walking to the quiet pool or out of the doors to the boardwalk. They closed part of the walkways so you had to go around the cranes and such.

Probably explains why the CL feels so empty! We haven’t found the construction to be an issue at all for those considering an upcoming stay - a few cherry pickers doing some painting and folks in hard hats coming in/out of the suites.

We left yesterday

I'm planning an August trip. Cottages are available to book for my dates. Do you think they will be refurbished and that entire courtyard area cleaned up at that point? The last time we stayed in a cottage I wasn't happy with the condition of things, specifically on the first floor in the sitting area. We said we wouldn't stay there again until they were freshened up. I also don't want to be walking through an area being used for staging other work.
My only other option at Boardwalk for my dates, with the summer discount, is a 1 Bedroom Villa and I know they won't be updated by then.

Edited to add: I could also take a deluxe room at rack rate. Would that be safer in terms of being refurbished and away from visible work/maintenance? The deluxe rooms have no discount while the cottage does have the summer discount. So not including tax it's $764 for the cottage, $979 for the deluxe, $546 for the 1 bedroom villa (also with a discount but obviously no club access and definitely not getting refurbed by then). I don't know what to do but need to decide soon. It's 10 nights and I need to book 2 of the same since we're treating our daughter and her friend. We don't share rooms but I want the same accommodations for them as I get for myself and spouse. Availability could change at any time so I need to book while I have (limited) options.

Last edited:
I'm planning an August trip. Cottages are available to book for my dates. Do you think they will be refurbished and that entire courtyard area cleaned up at that point? The last time we stayed in a cottage I wasn't happy with the condition of things, specifically on the first floor in the sitting area. We said we wouldn't stay there again until they were freshened up. I also don't want to be walking through an area being used for staging other work.
My only other option at Boardwalk for my dates, with the summer discount, is a 1 Bedroom Villa and I know they won't be updated by then.

Edited to add: I could also take a deluxe room at rack rate. Would that be safer in terms of being refurbished and away from visible work/maintenance? The deluxe rooms have no discount while the cottage does have the summer discount. So not including tax it's $764 for the cottage, $979 for the deluxe, $546 for the 1 bedroom villa (also with a discount but obviously no club access and definitely not getting refurbed by then). I don't know what to do but need to decide soon. It's 10 nights and I need to book 2 of the same since we're treating our daughter and her friend. We don't share rooms but I want the same accommodations for them as I get for myself and spouse. Availability could change at any time so I need to book while I have (limited) options.
They are working on all the cottages at once so I’m guessing they will all be done at once too so if they are available I would book without hesitation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter