Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it wouldn't. Every village has it's own bus stop. You would be doing some unnecessary walking if you caught a bus at another village's stop. The closes village is Trinidad North. The buses go from Trinidad North to Trinidad South so you would be going right back to where you just were.

OK. Thanks for the response. I guess I was just worried about the bus being full by the time it reached us.

OK. Thanks for the response. I guess I was just worried about the bus being full by the time it reached us.

This is no guarantee but I can say that we have had 45 nights at CBR and have yet to stand on a bus leaving CBR let alone not be able to pick everyone up. And we've mostly been at the bus stop for rope drop. We have gone during free dining when the resort is at capacity.

Excited to be at CBR in 7 more days!!! Can anyone tell me how the Wi-Fi service is there?
The wifi is excellent. However I walked down to the beach and lost connection. I only went online to try to show off my current view. Cruel yet worthy social media bragging post.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 27

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but can anyone tell me what I need to know about room requests? We have a standard room booked, checking in on May 14. How do I make a request and what should I request?

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but can anyone tell me what I need to know about room requests? We have a standard room booked, checking in on May 14. How do I make a request and what should I request?

You can call the main reservation line anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days prior to your arrival and add any room requests to your reservation.

What you request is up to you. Do you want a certain village? A certain building? Second floor?

Just back from our first stay at CBR. Loved it! Only request I made was for Jamaica. We were in Jamaica 43. Great location. Loved the pool and water slides. Atmosphere was so relaxing. No trouble with the bus. We were first on and off all but one time. Bus loop to pick up was quick within the resort all but once as well. The new queen beds were super comfortable! Wish I would've looked to see what brand of mattress they are. Glad we chose to try CBR. Won't hesitate to stay here again!

We are booked for Caribbean Beach in July (18-25). My husband has a conference at the Gaylord Palms, so he will be using the car to drive back and forth. Last trip, we stayed at Coronado Springs and we really enjoyed it. We lucked up and had a perfect room location, right by a bus stop (we could see if from our room) and just walked through the parking lot (kept our BOB stroller in the stationwagon) and right onto the buses. I am trying to figure out the best room location for Caribbean Beach. I'd like to be in a similar spot. Any suggestions?

We are booked for Caribbean Beach in July (18-25). My husband has a conference at the Gaylord Palms, so he will be using the car to drive back and forth. Last trip, we stayed at Coronado Springs and we really enjoyed it. We lucked up and had a perfect room location, right by a bus stop (we could see if from our room) and just walked through the parking lot (kept our BOB stroller in the stationwagon) and right onto the buses. I am trying to figure out the best room location for Caribbean Beach. I'd like to be in a similar spot. Any suggestions?

Every village has its own bus stop, so you will always be very close to one. Every village has its own quiet pool so you will always be close to one of those also. The closest non-preferred locations to OPR and the Main Feature Pool are Martinique 21, 22 23, Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51. Jamaica 45 happens to be our favorite.

Is there a way to insure that you get a refurbed room with a Murphy bed? I planned to request Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 - we have a standard room. If not, is there enough space for an aero bed? It is my 9 year old son, my 5 year old daughter, myself and my 61 year old aunt. I don't really want her to have to share with one of my kiddos. We stayed at POR last year and it was perfect with the pull-down bed. Is the ground floor noisy at CBR? My aunt has some mobility issues so thinking this will be best? Any advice is appreciated!

Is there a way to insure that you get a refurbed room with a Murphy bed? I planned to request Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 - we have a standard room. If not, is there enough space for an aero bed? It is my 9 year old son, my 5 year old daughter, myself and my 61 year old aunt. I don't really want her to have to share with one of my kiddos. We stayed at POR last year and it was perfect with the pull-down bed. Is the ground floor noisy at CBR? My aunt has some mobility issues so thinking this will be best? Any advice is appreciated!

The only way to ensure you get a room with a Murphy Bed is if you have a party of 5. Otherwise, it is only a request. We have stayed at CBR and used an air mattress with no issues. It fits between the 1 bed and the window. And when not in use, we would lean it up against the wall.

CBR has been the quietest WDW resort we have stayed at yet. We always joke that it seems like we're the only people in our building even though we see people coming and going. And we have stayed both on the ground and 2nd floor.

Our 2 favorite locations are Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51. And of the 2 we prefer Jamaica 45 only because of the bright yellow exterior. It just screams Caribbean to us.

This is no guarantee but I can say that we have had 45 nights at CBR and have yet to stand on a bus leaving CBR let alone not be able to pick everyone up. And we've mostly been at the bus stop for rope drop. We have gone during free dining when the resort is at capacity.

Thanks! While this forum has alleviated most of my fears concerning our first trip to CBR, the busing remains one issue that I'm a bit unsure of. I've heard it's terrible, but have heard that pretty much anything at WDW is terrible, depending on who is posting :)

Is there a bus stop that should be avoided? While staying at Coronado, we tended to avoid Stop 1, which is right outside of El Centro, since this was always the most crowded, and also the last to pick up for all non-DTD buses. Is there an equivalent "worst stop" at Caribbean Beach?

I feel i need to step up to the plate and address the ever-present discussion over the fear of the bus system at this resort . We live in a large city and i use the bus system as my sole method of transportation and loath it so much that the thought of using it on holiday is not appealing in the least! We were there for two weeks --end of October to beginning of November. We were told at check-in that the resort would be a 100% occupancy for most of that time period. We rented a car since our intent was to go see Harry for a couple of days (never did that as we didn't want to leave the BUBBLE) but wisely took the bus to DTD. That trip was so seamless both directions that i agreed to ride the bus to MK. By the end of the 4th day we were playing "Disney Transportation Roulette" a game that involves getting at any stop (be it monorail, bus or boat) and going wherever the 1st vehicle is headed.

We NEVER waited more than 10 minutes for a bus to arrive, never saw a bus go by too full to stop In fact one day when we left close enough that i could call it "rope drop" at a park there were CM's at every bus stop wearing head phones and holding clip boards. The driver told a woman getting on that this was to allow them to call another bus if one was too full to stop. I never heard anyone complain (other than the typical whining parent when their kids were tired Hee-hee) Only time we got extremely frustrated with the time sitting at a bus stop was when we were at The Beach Club and watched over 7 buses come before the one we wanted and it was too full to get on!!

Good grief this has grown way too long to make my point clearly ... simply put, as a terribly jaded public transit user by the end of the 4th day i willingly walked to the bus stop. Only frustrating part was that construction was going on and the parking lot in the Jamaica section was a mess so we had bizarre paths to walk along! We were in the very front section of Jamaica 42 and yes it did take a bit to figure out which path to use but never once was it a chore to get to the stop! RELAX and enjoy your holiday and as they put it "leave the driving to us"

I feel i need to step up to the plate and address the ever-present discussion over the fear of the bus system at this resort ...

Thank you SO much! After realizing that many of the knocks on CSR (conventioneers, size) were overblown, I'll do the same with CBR and start getting really excited for our first stay at the resort.

Can you address my question of whether or not there is a stop that is the "least desirable" to use, due to crowds or location on the overall loop?

Thank you SO much! After realizing that many of the knocks on CSR (conventioneers, size) were overblown, I'll do the same with CBR and start getting really excited for our first stay at the resort.

Can you address my question of whether or not there is a stop that is the "least desirable" to use, due to crowds or location on the overall loop?

IMHO, the least desirable bus stop would be the one furthest from my room.

Answer to that would be NOPE! Since there are 2 different routes that the buses use to both enter and leave the resort you won't know till it's time to actually get on it how many it has already made and still needs to be make. The stops are evenly spaced throughout the resort so crowd level always seemed to be the same at each one to us??

Answer to that would be NOPE! Since there are 2 different routes that the buses use to both enter and leave the resort you won't know till it's time to actually get on it how many it has already made and still needs to be make. The stops are evenly spaced throughout the resort so crowd level always seemed to be the same at each one to us??

Great! Thanks to this thread, I am no longer concerned about busing or what building we are assigned to! Now, all that's left is worrying how I will make it through the next two months until we leave :)

THANK YOU for everything!

We will be staying in June at CBR with my parents who both will need scooters. Does anyone know what stop the buses make first? We are trying to make room requests and want to make sure they can both get picked up instead of waiting an hour for a not so full bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter