Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We check into CBR in 31 days!!
Just made our DME reservations.

I'm trying to decide what building to request. It will be me, DH, DS10, DS6, DMIL, and DFIL. We have linked our reservations on the Disney website, so should get rooms close to each other.

I'm debating if we should request Aruba 51 or Jamaica 45....my reservations are that it seems like the busses to these two areas have been somewhat sketchy. I suppose we could request one of these and then walk over to PR every morning.

What are people's thoughts?

I'm arriving in 24 days - 1 night stay (we are S. Fla residents). We plan on arriving around 8am and basically jumping on the bus to EPCOT once we arrive. I'm not too worried about getting a bus to Epcot in the morning, but we have a Candlelight Processional dining reservation at 4:30 that day and I'm concerned that depending on what room/area we get, we won't have much time to come back in the afternoon to spruce up and get back on time for the ressie. So also looking for request recommendations. :)

Actually, come to think of it, I believe the only thing available was a standard Pirate room. That would put us in Trinidad South, correct? I wonder how the bus transportation has been all the way back there...

Actually, come to think of it, I believe the only thing available was a standard Pirate room. That would put us in Trinidad South, correct? I wonder how the bus transportation has been all the way back there...

Trinidad South is in the ‘first group’ of bus stops - it will get more morning service from my experience this past week.

As far as bus routes go - both Trinidads are not ‘back there’. The 2 stops that are under-served in the morning from my experience are Jamaica and Aruba

Jamaica and Aruba were the first stops before they closed the road at the Disney Riviera Resort construction site-now they are usually the last stops when a bus is doing all 6 stops.

Jamaica and Aruba were the first stops before they closed the road at the Disney Riviera Resort construction site-now they are usually the last stops when a bus is doing all 6 stops.

I know Jamaica and Aruba have been highly recommended. Does that change with the current bus routes? We are Rope drop people and were thinking of requesting one of those two.

Leaving tomorrow- how has the weather been at night? I see average is 60 degrees- in Florida is that cold? Or is a tshirt still ok?

I know Jamaica and Aruba have been highly recommended. Does that change with the current bus routes? We are Rope drop people and were thinking of requesting one of those two.

I have family there now staying in Jamaica 45. They have been loving the location. All week for rope drop Jamaica and Aruba have had their own bus. My Cousin spoke to the CM at the Jamaica stop this morning who said their plan is to keep it like this at least through the Holidays.

Last edited:

We are leaving for Trinidad South on Tuesday. Anyone been lately that could tell me if it's going to good or bad with the current bus situation?

I have family there now staying in Jamaica 45. They have been loving the location. All week for rope drop Jamaica and Aruba have had their own bus. My Cousin spoke to the CM at the Jamaica stop tjis morning who said their plan is to keep it like this at least through the Holidays.

Great Feedback! We will be there in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to the trip.

I have just changed my CBR date to mid-March.
Can't wait!!
I will be interesting to see how the construction will impact us & see what other food options that are available.
Does anyone have experience paying the RO balance with $75 GC? We're planning to do that.

Speaking of buildings, my DH wants Jamaice 46 again! We were very close to the bus stop, so it was very convenient.

Has anyone else been successful in getting a gift card they weren't expecting like one DISer reported earlier? Very curious to know if it works for others.

So...due to some loss of overtime we are officially down to a 5 day trip. We are bouncing around some, but the good news is we will be spending the first night at CBR. We booked way back when with the GC offer but have changed dates like 6 times, but since it has the same reservation number I should be fine, correct? I have the original email and I called the CS who stated they could see my booking date was March 8th so I should be fine, but wanted to make sure no one else had trouble with switching dates.
Secondly, we are probably not doing any parks this trip unless a CM hook up comes through and we sneak in for a few hours. I just want a quiet place to relax for a few hours and explore the resort. Any recommendations for where to request? We are booked standard.

So...due to some loss of overtime we are officially down to a 5 day trip. We are bouncing around some, but the good news is we will be spending the first night at CBR. We booked way back when with the GC offer but have changed dates like 6 times, but since it has the same reservation number I should be fine, correct?

Correct.

Secondly, we are probably not doing any parks this trip unless a CM hook up comes through and we sneak in for a few hours. I just want a quiet place to relax for a few hours and explore the resort. Any recommendations for where to request? We are booked standard.

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are great standard locations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter