Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Ok, so if we booked standard, then there is no point in selecting Martinique as a request?

Martinique is a standard room. We just returned from a 7 night stay. I requested Martinique and was granted it. I’m glad we did because the thanksgiving week crowds were big and we often skipped past other bus stops because they were filled after the first 2 or 3 stops.
We don’t use the pools or food tent so being close to there wasn’t an issue.

I got confirmation that other people have been successful. I wouldn't worry. Someone said they didn't even have to bring it up had their FD and were M given the gc at check in. Sorry to cause any worry. Just heard it hadn't worked and was trying to make sure someone didn't just give in but demanded a manager and got it worked out.

Just seeing this because we also checked in on November 19. I modified an existing reservation (made Before gift card cut off) to include free dining. We had no issue getting our GC (didn’t even have to ask) as well as the free dining.

Ok, so if we booked standard, then there is no point in selecting Martinique as a request?

Actually I just got confirmation from my guy at CBR that they have changed the rooms in Martinique that used to be Preferred back to Standard. They were having trouble selling Preferred rooms because of the extra $$.

If I wanted something furthest away from buses and quite part of the resort what would be the best place to go for?

Bugs in the bathroom? How many? We arrive in 3 weeks & I will not be staying in a bug infested room.

Edit to add: have you had any issues with full buses leaving the resort in the mornings? The poster above said they are in Aruba & having to wait as several buses are full before they get to the Aruba bus stop. Was gonna request Jamaica but don't want to risk full buses in the morning. Thanks!
Yes. Super tiny ones. I killed a couple every morning. I left a note for maid but nothing changed. We didn't leave anything on counter or clothes around.

Just back. Flew in 11/23 and back today. First time at this resort (my dd 20 picked it over our usual POR for her bday trip). I booked before construction was anounced and they gave me my gift card without asking. Room was 3135 with views of the fireworks each night!

I only ate thanksgiving dinner upon arrival at the tent and it was nice. DD ate breakfast there every day and she said it was ok. The cast members were amazing!

We never waited more then 10 minutes for a bus and only had to stand after the Xmas party.

The quiet pool was beautiful as were the singers each night (I got my adult beverages at the booze truck ).

We aren’t rope drop people but did 2 to 3 parks per day and came back to the resort between each and had zero bus issues. Our flight was at 9 this morning, so I called bell services and they picked us up at 4:30am. Magical Express was right on time at 5:10. RAC wasn’t available even though our checkout slip said it would be at 4am. (Security at MCO this morning was the longest line we stood in over the last 5 days. And that was at 6am )

So thoughts on the resort...beyond beautiful!!! The construction wasn’t an issue and DD wants to stay there again

Thanks so much for everyone’s thoughts and real time experiences while I was planning this trip. With all your guidance, it truly was magical.

Thanks again, Kelley and Samantha

Actually I just got confirmation from my guy at CBR that they have changed the rooms in Martinique that used to be Preferred back to Standard. They were having trouble selling Preferred rooms because of the extra $$.

Thanks for this!! I might change my touring plans request now. Would Martinique 24 be too close to construction? We’ve stayed there before and loved it but didn’t think it was an option this time since we have a standard room. So, stick with Jamaica or try for Martinique? What to do!

Last edited:
For those who have just come back
How much is the breakfast buffet and how was it

We are going back Feb 28- Mar 8

We have stayed at this resort before but we are thinking of staying again because of the room price . This is a parent only trip so we will not be going to the pool and the only meal we will be having at that resort is breakfast and we are ok with the construction because we will not be spending too much time at the resort

Last edited:
Two questions.

1) We are rope droppers and utilize busses alot so with all the recent reports of bus complaints I'm thinking we should request Martinique in a couple of weeks now that it is Standard Room zoned again. Is there a preference in which building? Without knowing temperature I'm sure we'll utilize pool once in a while and the playground in the Cay. But bus service will be our number priority.

2) Does anyone know if characters are still coming to the pool or not? We will be there Dec 15-20th so trying to see if they'll be there still.

Thanks for reading and hopefully replying ;)

Two questions.

1) We are rope droppers and utilize busses alot so with all the recent reports of bus complaints I'm thinking we should request Martinique in a couple of weeks now that it is Standard Room zoned again. Is there a preference in which building? Without knowing temperature I'm sure we'll utilize pool once in a while and the playground in the Cay. But bus service will be our number priority.

2) Does anyone know if characters are still coming to the pool or not? We will be there Dec 15-20th so trying to see if they'll be there still.

Thanks for reading and hopefully replying ;)

1. Since they started sending buses for Jamaica and Aruba only one of those would be my choice. Plus you're well removed from the construction.

2. They did last week. Haven't gotten confirmation on the coming weeks.

1. Since they started sending buses for Jamaica and Aruba only one of those would be my choice. Plus you're well removed from the construction.

2. They did last week. Haven't gotten confirmation on the coming weeks.

I must have missed this. There were characters at the pool area? Is this expected to be a longer term thing?

I must have missed this. There were characters at the pool area? Is this expected to be a longer term thing?

Minnie, Goofy, and Donald in swim outfits were there for a bit in the afternoon on both my May and August 2017 trips. They dance as part of an organized pool party. Way cute.

I must have missed this. There were characters at the pool area?

There have been characters making surprise appearances at the pool for years now. Since the construction started it's been more frequent.

Is this expected to be a longer term thing?

I haven't gotten confirmation yet, but have a feeling that once the construction is completed it will go back to the original frequency.

This is not near the buffet tent correct? I assume the buffet tent is staying for now? Any idea when that closes?

It "appears" this is the long-rumored "QS Walk-up window" to be located at Trinidad South.

Centertown Buffet will remain until OPR reopens.:)

It "appears" this is the long-rumored "QS Walk-up window" to be located at Trinidad South.

Centertown Buffet will remain until OPR reopens.:)

I'm actually a little confused. I haven't seen any videos that shows construction on the Trinidad side. On the OPR / Martinique side there's a building by the pool. Is that what's going to be the new quick serve?

Trinidad SOUTH,by the Pool is where a "QS walk up window" is rumored to be located.:)

Guess I didn't realize that there was going to be anything in South. We've only stayed there once in Jamaica and never made our way to South. Still hoping that other things will be done near OPR by July next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter