Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Martinique 24, 25 and 26 are very close to the Main Feature Pool and food tent. But they are very close to 2 construction areas, Centertown and the Riviera Resort Tower.
Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are away from any construction yet a very short stroll across the bridge to the Main Feature Pool and the food tent. Maybe 3-4 minute stroll.

Wow thank you for your quick reply. That is perfect. Can easily manage a 3-4 minute stroll

The tower between Jamaica and Aruba is exactly between them and just off the walk that goes around the lake near where the Jamaica end of the bridge is. In fact it is exactly on the sidewalk that ran along the "border" between the two villages. I hope this makes sense.
Yes it does! Thank you so much! Do you know when it is going to be completed? We will not be back until 11/24 so they have tons of time lol!

Only 1 more sleep before we'll be checking in! I'm still super excited about getting to stay here. Our flight lands late tomorrow afternoon then we'll be taking DME to the resort. Figure we'll hop over to DS for some dinner (we were wanting to stop by Pin Traders to pick up some new releases anyway). I'll report back either late tomorrow/early Friday how it was.

You
Yes it does! Thank you so much! Do you know when it is going to be completed? We will not be back until 11/24 so they have tons of time lol!

You're welcome. I'd imagine that the towers within the resort will be done by the time you arrive, but who knows? The gondola system is supposed to begin operating later on in 2019 sometime.

Booked our first stay here for July. Debated between POR and this one...and went with the cheaper option with the APH rate. We will have a car, but might use bus transportation to the parks every now and then. Trying to decide if we put in a room request or just roll the dice and see what we end up with there. We plan to do a lot of waterpark time but probably also pool time there as well. We'll most likely get two rooms so I guess at the least we will try to request connecting if they have them.

Hi all! I've tried to read through the posts on construction updates and everything, but I've never stayed at CBR so I'm having some trouble deciphering everything. I am planning to stay Nov. 8-10, just me and DH. I'm not sure which building to request as we get closer! We will have our car so bus stops/availability are not a huge concern for us. We are park people all day long, so will not be bothered by any construction during the day. Just looking to be close to a breakfast option and get a kind bed! Would love some input on which building I should shoot for!

Hi all! I've tried to read through the posts on construction updates and everything, but I've never stayed at CBR so I'm having some trouble deciphering everything. I am planning to stay Nov. 8-10, just me and DH. I'm not sure which building to request as we get closer! We will have our car so bus stops/availability are not a huge concern for us. We are park people all day long, so will not be bothered by any construction during the day. Just looking to be close to a breakfast option and get a kind bed! Would love some input on which building I should shoot for!

Martinique 24, 25 and 26 are very close to the Main Feature Pool and food tent. But they are very close to 2 construction areas, Centertown and the Riviera Resort Tower.
Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are away from any construction yet a very short stroll across the bridge to the Main Feature Pool and the food tent. Maybe 3-4 minute stroll.

Oh that's not bad at all! It's hard to tell from the map just how close those buildings are. I guess we're projecting construction to still be going in November?

Oh that's not bad at all! It's hard to tell from the map just how close those buildings are. I guess we're projecting construction to still be going in November?

Centertown and Old Port Royal are expected to be completed around December. The Riviera Resort tower should be completed in Fall 2019. The Skyliner Gondola should be done around May 2019.

Hello Everyone - To get free dining at CBR, I was only able to get a pirate room. Although I love the pirate theming, I'm concerned about a few things:

1) Are the mattresses really as uncomfortable as some say?
2) Is there a boat from Trinidad South to OPR? (hoping the food court/Centertown construction will be done for my trip 2nd week in Dec) If so, when
does it run? Spyglass Grill sounds great but might want to do something different for a few days and a 20 minute walk each way kind of puts a
damper on that.
3) Is there any upcoming construction across the lake from Trinidad South, in the area south of Jamaica?
4) What's the scoop on the internal bus service? (where to pick up, when operational, etc) Also, are these buses that don't leave the resort?
5) Do you think standard rooms that qualify for free dining would be likely to become available once RO discounts come out?

Hello Everyone - To get free dining at CBR, I was only able to get a pirate room. Although I love the pirate theming, I'm concerned about a few things:

2) Is there a boat from Trinidad South to OPR? (hoping the food court/Centertown construction will be done for my trip 2nd week in Dec) If so, when
does it run? Spyglass Grill sounds great but might want to do something different for a few days and a 20 minute walk each way kind of puts a
damper on that.
3) Is there any upcoming construction across the lake from Trinidad South, in the area south of Jamaica?
4) What's the scoop on the internal bus service? (where to pick up, when operational, etc) Also, are these buses that don't leave the resort?
5) Do you think standard rooms that qualify for free dining would be likely to become available once RO discounts come out?

1. We have not tried them but multiple friends have. They all said after the refurb the mattresses are much more comfortable.

2. No boat. 20 minutes each way?! No chance. You could walk from the furthest point of Trinidad South to OPR and back in less than 20 minutes.

3. Yes, the Skyliner transfer station.

4. They run from 6:30AM to Midnight. They stop at every Village, OPR and The Custom House. Correct, they do not leave the resort. I can't see you needing it though.

5. Probably not.

ok, thanks. Sounds like good news about the mattresses and the walk isn't as bad as I thought.

What specifics have you heard regarding the Skyliner transfer station? Would it most likely be going on around mid-Dec?

damper on that.

I was in the Pirate Rooms in March, the mattress is fine in quality and I found it comfortable. It's not a queen as the boat shape frame won't hold it, so the size could be uncomfortable to some types of people. I'm 6ft (183cm) and thin, just for reference.

I was in the furthest north building of TS and it was less than a 10min walk along the lake area to the pool, so probably less than half a mile and more than a third of a mile. Maybe if you start from the bottom of TS and walk along the road and wind around Trinidad North it could take 20min?

The transfer station going in across the lake looks like it's going to be a bit of a large project, but I haven't seen anything specific on when major work is going to take place sorry I can't help out on that.

Great - thanks. So glad to hear that some of my concerns aren't as big of a deal as I previously thought.

Forgot to ask before, do you think all of the pirate rooms have the new mattresses?

I actually asked that when I called up a few days before my trip for room requests, they said the only refurbishment left in TS was Spyglass Grill, which has since opened.

How strict is the "under 48 inches" for the kids splash area? I have 2 children one will definitely be under 48 inches, one will probably be ~2 inches over. Both have significant special needs and require significant adult assistance in a pool area. My older child is cognitively on par with a younger child and would also find this easier to navigate and far more attractive that the main pool. But I'll need to at least be there to help, and I'm well over 48" I'm 5'8"
Granted it wasn't Disney, but other places have stated to me that the height requirements were in place to keep the area for younger children and seeing my eldest's level of needs it was a non-issue. Parents were excluded when accompanying children who were appropriate for the area. Is this the same case here?

In Feb WE measured our older son and he was too tall. The CM saw us and told us he could come in and play/climb with his little brother but he could not go down the slide due to safety.
I was also in the area the whole time. The slides are VERY short (think toddler playground at the park) so an adult can easily stand next to the non-enclosed one and help a child go down. There are chairs around the area for parents to sit but they are in no way "excluded" besides not being able to use the slides.

damper on that.

We found the mattresses to be fine in February, we had no complaints.

There is no boat but we walked it a few times and the walk was nowhere near 20 minutes (even with two little boys getting distracted by lizards and birds).

Hello all! I have a trip booked for Nov 11-17, 2018. I was over at CSR but got an email that the Dig Site (including the pool) is closed so we switched to CBR. I'm a little bummed since this will be my third stay here and it would have been my first at CSR. My husband however is excited because the only thing available was a pirate room! lol I'm not too concerned about the walk or anything but I am curious if they'll be still be handing out gift cards? Construction will likely be close to done. Anyone have any guesses? We gave up our nice King room for these full beds and a further walk so I'd like to milk it for all I can!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter