• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I was able to switch our standard view room to a water view room. I put in a request for a Trinidad North with hopes of avoiding construction and less problems with busses. Fingers crossed! 23 days and counting!
Unfortunately, it seems that from early August until a date not yet known two of the Trinidad North buildings (31 & 32) are being closed to guests. Guests with Preferred Room bookings are currently being contacted to be moved to Standard or other resorts.

Unfortunately, it seems that from early August until a date not yet known two of the Trinidad North buildings (31 & 32) are being closed to guests. Guests with Preferred Room bookings are currently being contacted to be moved to Standard or other resorts.
Arriving in 19 days with preferred room and have not been contacted... yet...

Thinking of staying here for our January trip. There will be 5 of us, and we usually get two value rooms, but thinking of staying a little nicer. We've done CR and loved it, but that's a little too much money for us. The major worry is the size of the resort. Although, now that they have the freestyle machines that'll be a big help. We like the refillable mugs, so not walking far will be great. We probably won't eat much there either, so walking to the main building won't need all that happen often. Having multiple pools is handy, but we'll probably walk to the main pool a couple times.

What are popular room requests? Thinking of maybe just requesting near transportation, so we'll be close to the buses. We'll have to walk a little further for the pools, but we'll be walking to the stops much more often than the pool I guess. Or maybe we'll just request nothing and see what happens.

Thinking of staying here for our January trip. There will be 5 of us, and we usually get two value rooms, but thinking of staying a little nicer. We've done CR and loved it, but that's a little too much money for us. The major worry is the size of the resort. Although, now that they have the freestyle machines that'll be a big help. We like the refillable mugs, so not walking far will be great. We probably won't eat much there either, so walking to the main building won't need all that happen often. Having multiple pools is handy, but we'll probably walk to the main pool a couple times.

What are popular room requests? Thinking of maybe just requesting near transportation, so we'll be close to the buses. We'll have to walk a little further for the pools, but we'll be walking to the stops much more often than the pool I guess. Or maybe we'll just request nothing and see what happens.

Every Village has its own leisure pool and bus stop so you're never far from either. Our 2 favorite locations are Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51.

First timer staying at CBR-- My family and myself are planning a trip Jan 2020! so the construction should be over by then....will it still be considered a moderate? Just curious since i know they are building DVC buildings. There is a large group of us and we are not all looking to spend more than

pixiedust:

@dmaz and @oj01 you are the only two I’ve seen post on this and I can’t seem to find anything else on this. Is there another thread or link where there is more info to go on? My trip is in a couple weeks and I’m not really sure I’m understanding what’s going on in 31/32. I did try to call yesterday and of course cm not aware of anything. I’m not sure if I’m better off in preferred with whatever is closing down 2/3 of the TN or if I’d be better off moving to another area of construction at CBR or other resort. Any info appreciated from you or anyone who is in the know.

Hey! Hey! Can i ask you a question as a CBR vet? We are wanting to stay there for our first time in about a year and a half (JAN 2020) and am looking for expert advice. Do you feel the bus's from the parks are better/easier to get on than say for instance a Value? Secondly when construction isnt going on, do you notice any bus issues?! My mother is in a wheelchair so am just wondering what to expect. Have been to WDW 10x but we always stay at a value, and last time, well..........it was a nightmare. Hoping a moderate will help this issue. Any suggestions?

Thank you so much!

I have not stayed at a value, but I can honestly say the bus service seemed a little better than at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We were there during a very busy week this time and there were 3 times that we waited more than 20 mins. During priors years the bus service has been pretty good. Also, Aruba is the last stop ( during construction ). You may want to get updates on the bus patterns closer to your stay because they are sure to change. Because the resort is so large, there are multiple stops which helps spread out the crowd a bit. That may be beneficial for your mom. CBR is close to downtown, HS, and DS. The new Skyliners should help divert some of the traffic too. I bet you will have a great time

@dmaz and @oj01 you are the only two I’ve seen post on this and I can’t seem to find anything else on this. Is there another thread or link where there is more info to go on? My trip is in a couple weeks and I’m not really sure I’m understanding what’s going on in 31/32. I did try to call yesterday and of course cm not aware of anything. I’m not sure if I’m better off in preferred with whatever is closing down 2/3 of the TN or if I’d be better off moving to another area of construction at CBR or other resort. Any info appreciated from you or anyone who is in the know.

I don't know how specific you can find info on this but I recently joined this Facebook group for CBR: https://www.facebook.com/groups/disneycbr/

There have been a few (I think at least 5 that I've seen) posts there about people being called and moved. If you Search that group for the term "trinidad", a post from July 13 comes up that talks about it.

I don't know how specific you can find info on this but I recently joined this Facebook group for CBR: https://www.facebook.com/groups/disneycbr/

There have been a few (I think at least 5 that I've seen) posts there about people being called and moved. If you Search that group for the term "trinidad", a post from July 13 comes up that talks about it.
Disney planning may finally be the reason to get a Facebook account. Not my kids school, not kids sports... but Disney planning. Not sure if this means my priorities are out of wack or just right. Also not sure if this is the right audience to ask...

Disney planning may finally be the reason to get a Facebook account. Not my kids school, not kids sports... but Disney planning. Not sure if this means my priorities are out of wack or just right. Also not sure if this is the right audience to ask...

No need to join Facebook just for WDW planning. In fact I would stay away from that. I am not on Facebook, but my wife has shown me some WDW pages that are chock full of inaccurate information. Almost as bad as phone CMs or the Mom's Panel. The DIS is all we need. :disrocks:

All of the "Magical Guide To [insert resort name]" groups are pretty good. Some of the commentors may have inaccurate information but the moderator Tammy does a good job of setting the record straight and having up to date maps, event calendars, videos, etc. Nothing is infallible of course.

All of the "Magical Guide To [insert resort name]" groups are pretty good. Some of the commentors may have inaccurate information but the moderator Tammy does a good job of setting the record straight and having up to date maps, event calendars, videos, etc. Nothing is infallible of course.
Absolutely. A number of posters in this group have had the call to switch rooms due to 31 and 32 being closed.

I've found a decent rate on Orbitz for October (Wine & Dine weekend so availability is scarce). It's specifically for a king room which is great, what I prefer, but just curious as to what island that might be located in? I've never stayed at CBR before so know next to nothing! TIA!

Looking at CBR for a short trip over the holidays with my husband and our two kids ages 5 and 2. A single family friend may join us. Trying to decide on whether to use the free dining offer and the Pirate room that sleeps 4 adults (I assume it lets us do this because of the age of my youngest) or the Magical Holidays offer with the larger room that sleeps 5 adults but is not as great of a deal.

Our friend will want to have her own bed. I see there is a child-size pull down bed...not sure how that allows the room to sleep 5 adults though? Is the bed really large enough for an adult, up to 6 feet/220 lb? Or does this room just have enough space for a cot or something? Would the pirate room have space for a cot or a single air mattress that we can pack?

I've found a decent rate on Orbitz for October (Wine & Dine weekend so availability is scarce). It's specifically for a king room which is great, what I prefer, but just curious as to what island that might be located in? I've never stayed at CBR before so know next to nothing! TIA!

King rooms are located in every building except the buildings in Trinidad South.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter