Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

^^Where are you getting that any pool is going to be open 24/7. Never heard of Disney allowing that anywhere.
On the disney website
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/
"Pools
Feature pools may operate with reduced hours; leisure pools are open 24 hours a day
Pools are operating with reduced capacity to allow for physical distancing"

Added: So after reading more posts (obviously no first hand reports from CBR) it seems as though people staying at other resorts are saying the leisure pools are not being opened all 24 hours as stated on the website and the hours are 7a-11p. Which is fine with me, I wasn't planning on swimming in the middle of the night, I just wanted something earlier that when the feature pools have been opening which is 11am at every other resort that I've seen. But the website does list 24 hour leisure pools.

Last edited:
When we stayed at RR for the 4th, my kids who are all in their 20's...asked about the pool being open 24 hours and the front desk told them yes they are 24 hours, if they can't get in with their magic bands, let them know and someone will let them in. The kids all went at 10 one night and stayed till almost midnight with no problems, but the sign at the pool did say 7-11 hours of operation.

Update (if anyone cares): With the case numbers being super high in Florida this past weekend and also losing general excitement for our trip since it became tentative last week, we've decided to postpone until November or May :( I was really looking forward to staying at CBR but we also decided we're gonna go big with the trip since we have to cancel now and stay at one of the deluxe resorts. Thanks to all who provided awesome information about CBR! If you're still going- have fun and be safe! :)

^^Where are you getting that any pool is going to be open 24/7. Never heard of Disney allowing that anywhere.
Up until just a few short years ago ALL WDW Pools were unfenced, ungated and open 24/7. (A few exceptions like SAB)

This time of year at the Values,it was routine for The 15s to be "enjoying" the pools at 3AM!lol

Last edited:
So CBR is supposed to open June 29th. Very curious if they have enough bookings to open after all. Hope they do open, but I guess it wouldn’t be bad to get an upgrade either.

We just moved up our trip from late October to July 31-Aug 4.

Looking to see if anyone has any information if Sebastian's is going to be available when the resort opens.

Thanks.

Just booked my first-ever WDW trip for November at Caribbean Beach Resort! We are Disneyland veterans but have never ventured across the country before so we are super excited! Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread so we have some knowledge of what to expect.

I feel that we will definitely be visiting the Banana Cabana a lot!

I feel that we will definitely be visiting the Banana Cabana a lot!
The "new" Banana Cabana is one awesome bar!

INCREDIBLE "atmosphere".

Beautifully themed open-air space,great food(the food comes out of Sebastian's kitchen),great drinks,great staff,TVs for watching sporting events,great views of Barefoot Bay and Skyliner and great views of Epcot and DHS fireworks when they return.

One of the best bars on property.:)

I know the playground is going to be closed, but does anyone know if the hammocks on the beach will be out?

Hi! We're celebrating our 20th anniversary (it's this year - but, you know, COVID) next summer and staying at the place that we were supposed to stay on our honeymoon (Caribbean)!!

I have stayed in Disney Resorts before as my sister's guest. But have never gone through any of the planning.

Our room is a Water or Pool View - 5th Sleeper (so many were sold out!) and my daughter will join us on the last day - so it works.
Where are those types of rooms?

What tips/hints can you offer a newbie that is seriously geeking out about this resort?
And is there someplace my husband can smoke a cigar in the evening?

I love this 600+ page thread!!

Our room is a Water or Pool View - 5th Sleeper (so many were sold out!) and my daughter will join us on the last day - so it works.

Hi there!! You can have a look at https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-caribbean-beach-resort and you'll get a map with the suggested hotel rooms, based on your criteria. At the very bottom, if you select "touring plans pick" you'll have a tailored suggestion for you.

Booked at CBR for three nights in early December for a very "POSSIBLE OR NOT" trip. Not sure if I will be able to keep it unless the virus has calmed down and then I don't know if I can stomach paying rack rate, we shall see. Got a park reservation at the MK, HS and AK.

There are at least 2 in every building except in the Village of Trinidad as those are all Pirate Themed rooms. Our favorite locations are Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51.

And is there someplace my husband can smoke a cigar in the evening?

At any of the DSAs, designated smoking areas. They change/move often so just keep a lookout when you're there or ask a CM.

Just be aware that tool is extremely inaccurate when it comes to room types and room amenities.
Oh really? Thanks for letting me know! I based my room preference for my vacation-that-did-not-happen the past April on that tool and I was about to do the same for 2021!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter