Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Here now- we got the refurbished Trinidad room. It’s so nice! It’s a bit of a walk to Old Port Royal, but the skyliner is close enough and the bus is literally right outside our door.
What building? I'm thinking of requesting the new rooms if possible when we visit in Aug

Hello! We are planning our first WDW trip Mar 21-25 and have a 5th sleeper standard room booked at CBR.

Which areas/buildings have the 5th sleepers? Trying to figure out where I should put in a room request. We plan to use the Skyliner for both Epcot and HS. Is one station better than the other?

Being not too far from one of the Quick Service food options is also appealing. Is it worth requesting Trinidad with the Spyglass grill option there? Or is it too far away from Skyliner and lobby?

Also, are all buildings two stories? Prefer the top floor, but not if that means climbing 4 flights of stairs over and over again (I'm assuming no elevators).

Thanks for any insights!

Hello! We are planning our first WDW trip Mar 21-25 and have a 5th sleeper standard room booked at CBR.

Which areas/buildings have the 5th sleepers? Trying to figure out where I should put in a room request. We plan to use the Skyliner for both Epcot and HS. Is one station better than the other?

Being not too far from one of the Quick Service food options is also appealing. Is it worth requesting Trinidad with the Spyglass grill option there? Or is it too far away from Skyliner and lobby?

Also, are all buildings two stories? Prefer the top floor, but not if that means climbing 4 flights of stairs over and over again (I'm assuming no elevators).

Thanks for any insights!
I’m here now, and we got Barbados and it has the fifth sleeper. I requested close to sky liner and thought that would give me Jamaica. But I actually love this location. It’s close to the main pool and food area, and maybe a five minute walk to the skyliner. It feels much more central than Jamaica. We are building 32. They are all two stories. We are on the second floor and the stairs are very easy. This is our first time staying here and we have loved it. I’d definitely come back, and I’d request the same location I‘m in now.

I’m here now, and we got Barbados and it has the fifth sleeper. I requested close to sky liner and thought that would give me Jamaica. But I actually love this location. It’s close to the main pool and food area, and maybe a five minute walk to the skyliner. It feels much more central than Jamaica. We are building 32. They are all two stories. We are on the second floor and the stairs are very easy. This is our first time staying here and we have loved it. I’d definitely come back, and I’d request the same location I‘m in now.
Thanks for the response. Nice to hear you are liking CBR. I feel like I see a lot of not so enthusiastic posts about it online, but I think it will be a good fit for our family.

I didn't realize Barbados also has the 5th sleeper. Did you book something other than a standard room? I thought that side of the resort was preferred rooms.

I'm wondering if something like Jamaica 45/Aruba 51 would allow nice proximity to both Old Port Royale and both Skyliner stations.

Thanks for the response. Nice to hear you are liking CBR. I feel like I see a lot of not so enthusiastic posts about it online, but I think it will be a good fit for our family.

I didn't realize Barbados also has the 5th sleeper. Did you book something other than a standard room? I thought that side of the resort was preferred rooms.

I'm wondering if something like Jamaica 45/Aruba 51 would allow nice proximity to both Old Port Royale and both Skyliner stations.
I booked standard, and didn’t book fifth sleeper. I see now on our bill we are in preferred so I guess we got an upgrade. I’m sure Jamaica would be good. I wouldn’t use the Riviera skyliner stop because not many people get off there, so I had to wait a while to board it. I only took it once my first evening as I explored the resort. Maybe in the morning they leave cars open for Riviera, otherwise it would be really hard to board.

My only complaint about the resort is quick service doesn’t open until 7:00, and you need to be on a bus earlier than that the get to Animal Kingdom before they open. But overall we love it! It’s very quiet and peaceful, and we’ve been here for an extremely busy week.

What is the general consensus on the rooms? I keep seeing a lot of negative things being scattered around the current state of CBR. My wife and I booked there, and she brought it up last night and we kind of put the idea on hold. Things aren't looking super great in the recent Trip Advisor photos.
We stayed february 2-6 in Jamaica 46. Connecting 5th sleepers. We actually had one night in the renovated rooms and I didn’t like the location or the room 🫣 so we asked to be moved. I loved the location in Jamaica and also loved the old rooms. Sure they could use an refresh. But clean and well maintained. Very charming. I loved the mickey and Pluto 5th sleeper mural and the headboards and table/chairs way more than the new room similar items.

Last edited:
Ya that's kind of the main thing I have been hearing, worn and in need of updates. It's the only moderate my wife and I haven't stayed at. Due to that and the skyliner option we figured why not. But then after digging around a bit things seem to be lagging behind the other ones. We still have it booked, but honestly out of all of the mods POFQ was my favorite so far. But of course it wasn't perfect. I appreciate the response!
The vibe and overall feel of the resort, pools, dining, joffreys, Skyliner is what really makes it shine. We booked knowing the rooms were outdated and we actually switched from a new room to Jamaica. I could walk around CBR for hours ( I did a lot of leisurely walking in the mornings). The pool bar. The gift shop. The beautiful lobby and food court. All the quiet pools. Basically the rooms are really not why I book CBR! But when they do get refreshed it will be the best!!

The vibe and overall feel of the resort, pools, dining, joffreys, Skyliner is what really makes it shine. We booked knowing the rooms were outdated and we actually switched from a new room to Jamaica. I could walk around CBR for hours ( I did a lot of leisurely walking in the mornings). The pool bar. The gift shop. The beautiful lobby and food court. All the quiet pools. Basically the rooms are really not why I book CBR! But when they do get refreshed it will be the best!!

That's really good to hear, we still have CBR booked. It does sound like the pro's out weigh the con's. And I guess you make a good point, most people aren't sitting around in their rooms all day.

We stayed february 2-6 in Jamaica 46. Connecting 5th sleepers. We actually had one night in the renovated rooms and I didn’t like the location or the room 🫣 so we asked to be moved. I loved the location in Jamaica and also loved the old rooms. Sure they could use an refresh. But clean and well maintained. Very charming. I loved the mickey and Pluto 5th sleeper mural and the headboards and table/chairs way more than the new room similar items.
Which of the two rooms do you think has better storage, including where to put your luggage?

Which of the two rooms do you think has better storage, including where to put your luggage?
For us it was the old rooms. The bathroom layout was far superior and we loved the open area under the closet rod. However the one queen bed in the new rooms is elevated so you could put luggage under there.

They eliminated the hooks and shelf in the new rooms. That really annoyed me.

The new bathroom counter I absolutely didn’t like. No space for anything larger than makeup or a toothbrush.

No real table or chairs. Instead it’s the couch and the ‘coffee table’. We never used that, it got pushed under the window.

For us it was the old rooms. The bathroom layout was far superior and we loved the open area under the closet rod. However the one queen bed in the new rooms is elevated so you could put luggage under there.

They eliminated the hooks and shelf in the new rooms. That really annoyed me.

The new bathroom counter I absolutely didn’t like. No space for anything larger than makeup or a toothbrush.

No real table or chairs. Instead it’s the couch and the ‘coffee table’. We never used that, it got pushed under the window.
Thank you, this is helpful!

Thanks for any insights!
Does anyone know which buildings have water/pool view 5th sleeper? And which location would be closest to the main building? Thanks!

Does anyone know which buildings have water/pool view 5th sleeper? And which location would be closest to the main building? Thanks!
We were just there and in Barbados; it was the closest to the main building and not far from the skyliner. Our room had a 5th sleeper; we didn't have water view, but the other half of the building did. It was a great location!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter