Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Quick question- CL is sold out for my dates in May at the YC. Is there any hope that some rooms might become available later? Any tips on how I might still be able to snag one?

As others have said, definitely keep checking! People cancel/change plans all the time so something might become available. Good luck :).

I’ve had great luck finding YC CL on Priceline lately (not the Express deals) and cheaper than the Disney discounted rate! Look at 90 and 60 days out because that’s when they seem to show up.

There is a BWI CL on Priceline with a great rate! None at YC which is what I'd really like- but I know they're hard to come by for a group of 5.

My only concern with Priceline is that the room type is not guaranteed- king or 2 queens is assigned on arrival based on availability. AND we need the sofa bed, too. Even though I input 5 ppl, and even though Priceline blocked out rooms I know can't hold 5 ppl, the little icon in the room type showed 2 ppl.

Does anyone have any experience with UT? His prices aren't nearly as good as Priceline, but they're better than rack rate, and there's no iffy language about room type availability.

Last edited:
Is your reservation directly through Disney if you book through Priceline? TIA!
It's not technically through Disney but you can get your Disney reservation # from Priceline, add it to MDE, and get all the normal perks of staying at a Disney resort (FPs at 60 days, Magic Bands, Magical Express, etc.)

Ok, after about two hours of booking and canceling a CL at BWI, I found this out about Priceline-

You can search for rooms using the correct number of people in your party. But beware if the room is listed as a king or two queens (+/- a daybed). The confirmation will only be for two people. I noticed that right away and went to my MDX account where I tried to link it up. No go.

So I talked to Disney AND Priceline, and they also talked to each other- in the end, they said the reservation really was for two people, and Disney could not guarantee a room for more even if the room type was rated for more. Although it's a great rate for two people (maybe three because you could get a rollaway even if you ended up with a king only room). The Priceline lady could set me up for five ppl in a room so our tickets would link, but the Disney person could not guarantee that is what we would get.

If you have four or more and are booking a king or two queen room with Priceline, you're taking your chances. Most of the time it probably works out just fine, but I'm sure that if there were a shortage of rooms with queens, the Priceline people would be last in line to get one. The only way to be sure to get the right number of beds with Priceline at this time is to book a Deluxe CL, all of which have two queens and a sleeper sofa.

The thing is, you don't know this until it's in your checkout basket. I actually didn't figure it out until I paid for it, but it's that's okay because that's how I ended up finding out what was going on.

Last edited:
Ok, after about two hours of booking and canceling, I found this out about Priceline-

You can search for rooms using the correct number of people in your party. But beware if the room is listed as a king or two queens (+/- a daybed). The confirmation will only be for two people. I noticed that right away and went to my MDX account where I tried to link it up. No go.

So I talked to Disney AND Priceline, and they also talked to each other- in the end, they said the reservation really was for two people, and Disney could not guarantee a room for more even if the room type was rated for more. Although it's a great rate for two people (maybe three because you could get a rollaway even if you ended up with a king only room). The Priceline lady could set me up for five ppl in a room so our tickets would link, but the Disney person could not guarantee that is what we would get.

If you have four or more and are booking a king or two queen room with Priceline, you're taking your chances. The only way to be sure to get the right number of beds is to book a Deluxe CL, all of which have two queens and a sleeper sofa.

FYI, this isn't a Priceline issue. Even when you book directly with WDW you cannot book a 2 Queen room vs a King room. If you look at the descriptions on the WDW website you'll see the room descriptions say 1 King, or 2 Queens or 2 Queens with a day bed. There's no way to actually book one of those options.

FYI, this isn't a Priceline issue. Even when you book directly with WDW you cannot book a 2 Queen room vs a King room. If you look at the descriptions on the WDW website you'll see the room descriptions say 1 King, or 2 Queens or 2 Queens with a day bed. There's no way to actually book one of those options.
Right, but the Priceline reservation really says it's for two people. At least the WDW reservation says it's for five, so you have a leg to stand on should there be a problem.

When I input the confirmation number into MDX, it did find the reservation right away- with two people. The Priceline lady herself told me I should cancel the reservation after she talked to the folks at Disney.

Last edited:

When I input the confirmation number into MDX, it did find the reservation right away- with two people.

Right. This is normal when booking via 3rd parties. You need to get Priceline or whoever to add the correct number of guests once the reservation is linked. Otherwise guests #3, #4 or #5 won't get Magic Bands, be able to make FP+ reservations etc.

Right. This is normal when booking via 3rd parties. You need to get Priceline or whoever to add the correct number of guests once the reservation is linked. Otherwise guests #3, #4 or #5 won't get Magic Bands, be able to make FP+ reservations etc.
Of course. I went back to Priceline to do that, and when the Priceline rep was conversing with Disney about it, she told me the situation with the notation on the reservation- i.e. that it was for 2 people and though she (and Disney) could add more (so we could get our tickets, etc, linked up) it was not a reservation for 5.

As I said, chances are it would work out fine. But When the Priceline rep tells me it's probably better for me to cancel a Priceline reservation, I'm really not going to second-guess her.

Of course. I went back to Priceline to do that, and when the Priceline rep was conversing with Disney about it, she told me the situation with the notation on the reservation- i.e. that it was for 2 people and though she (and Disney) could add more (so we could get our tickets, etc, linked up) it was not a reservation for 5.

Cool. Then the room assignor will see the reservation as having the correct number of guests. It won't show anywhere as a reservation for only 2. Also there will no way for them to tell the reservation was made through a 3rd party.

Cool. Then the room assignor will see the reservation as having the correct number of guests. It won't show anywhere as a reservation for only 2. Also there will no way for them to tell the reservation was made through a 3rd party.
Thanks for the advice, but I'm going to go with what the Disney rep and the Priceline rep have told me.
Have a great day!

I do think that they might be able to tell if the reservation was made through a third party. For my upcoming trip I added on a night at AKL using Priceline and that part of my stay had an extra code listed on MDE (although it doesn't show up now that they have revamped the site). Also, for some reason my luggage tags for the Magical Express actually have "Priceline" written on them.

I do think that they might be able to tell if the reservation was made through a third party. For my upcoming trip I added on a night at AKL using Priceline and that part of my stay had an extra code listed on MDE (although it doesn't show up now that they have revamped the site). Also, for some reason my luggage tags for the Magical Express actually have "Priceline" written on them.

The room assignors do not know, or care, how the room was booked.

The room assignors do not know, or care, how the room was booked.

Yeah I'm sure they don't care when assigning, I was just stating that there are some differences when booking this way. For example, I called about a change to my reservation and the CM I spoke to could see that I booked through a third party and told me that they couldn't help me and I had to call Priceline.

Yeah I'm sure they don't care when assigning, I was just stating that there are some differences when booking this way. For example, I called about a change to my reservation and the CM I spoke to could see that I booked through a third party and told me that they couldn't help me and I had to call Priceline.

Definitely. My only point above was that when booking through a 3rd party you don't have to worry about getting a less desirable room because of it. QueenElinor seemed concerned about that.

Hi @bpx2, do you mind answering a couple of questions? How many people were there in your room? Was that a club level room?

As Priceline doesn't do the upcharge for the other three in my party (beyond the two on the reservation), which I think only matters in a CL room, they explicitly said Disney would have to do that on check-in. It could be $100/day by my calculations. I am aiming for a Deluxe CL as it is bigger and there is no question about room type for my paranoid self to worry about :tilt:, but I'd like to know what my actual bill might be.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me today, you too @dansdad !

Last edited:
Hey @QueenElinor all Priceline hotel reservations are guaranteed for double occupancy (i.e. 2 adults). Unless specifically noted, accommodations for more than two adults are not guaranteed. Some hotels may not allow extra guests. If your hotel does allow extra guests, there may be additional charges. These charges vary and will be payable directly to the hotel.

Disney now charges a $50 (was $35) per extra adult beyond the "double" occupancy for any reservation at a Deluxe resort (not limited to CL only) and Priceline would expect you to pay Disney directly for this fee as well as the overnight parking fee if applicable.

Dave

Just to clarify - since my dd's are over 18 I am all too familiar with the extra charges for more than two adults:
Value $15
Moderate $25
Deluxe $35

Generally we stay in a studio Vila to avoid the fee but we do have two upcoming stays, Poly CL and YC non CL, both are birthday trips so I am ok with paying the fee on these :)

Agree with Dave006, you can expect the resort to add the charge when you add the extra adults at check in!

kind of OT but -
As of now the family suites and all DVC villas don't charge for more than 2 adults although I read that the DVC Vila units may start charging in 2109 but I haven't priced it out yet.

Hey @QueenElinor all Priceline hotel reservations are guaranteed for double occupancy (i.e. 2 adults). Unless specifically noted, accommodations for more than two adults are not guaranteed. Some hotels may not allow extra guests. If your hotel does allow extra guests, there may be additional charges. These charges vary and will be payable directly to the hotel.

Disney now charges a $50 per extra adult beyond the "double" occupancy for any reservation at a Deluxe resort (not limited to CL only) and Priceline would expect you to pay Disney directly for this fee as well as the overnight parking fee if applicable.

Dave

Hi @bpx2, do you mind answering a couple of questions? How many people were there in your room? Was that a club level room?

As Priceline doesn't do the upcharge for the other three in my party (beyond the two on the reservation), which I think only matters in a CL room, they explicitly said Disney would have to do that on check-in. It could be $100/day by my calculations. I am aiming for a Deluxe CL as it is bigger and there is no question about room type for my paranoid self to worry about :tilt:, but I'd like to know what my actual bill might be.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me today, you too @dansdad !

Sure, but I think Dave did a better job of answering than I will.

We just added on a regular room at AKL before our CL stay at CR, so no the room we booked through Priceline wasn't CL. There are only 2 of us so that shouldn't have been an issue, however for some reason after we booked the reservation said it was only for 1 person. I called Disney to add on the other person but they said I had to call Priceline. I spoke to two people at Priceline who then had to call Disney directly to get it fixed. It was a bit of an annoyance but all got sorted out in the end.

Hope you get everything worked out!

Disney now charges a $50 (was $35) per extra adult beyond the "double" occupancy for any reservation at a Deluxe resort (not limited to CL only) and Priceline would expect you to pay Disney directly for this fee as well as the overnight parking fee if applicable.

Dave

Thanks! That explains the lower rate they offered. The room I have my eye on sleeps up to 6, so no worries about how many people can be there. But, given your info & my suspicions :magnify:, there's likely a $150 a day charge undisclosed by Priceline. I'm better off to book with UT, they have a modest discount but at least I know the whole story with them. Or maybe it will still pop up direct thru Disney.

I'm sure everything will work out, I'm just happy to have found a great CL room for us near EPCOT!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter