Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hello!
Our original reservation was for Grand Destino-Club Level over the Labor Day weekend. When I called last week, she offered me Poly- Lagoon view-Club Level. No extra charge.
When I inquired as to whether or not Club Level was going to be offered GS said things change daily and if by some chance it was still not available that Disney would comp me otherwise..
Now I wouldn't hold bible to that but ill at the least make a phone call if it's still not offered in September.
Your situation is a little bit different than most peoples' room change. You were moved to another CL room at a different resort while many were just moved to non-CL rooms at different resorts. Therefore, if CL is not offered at the Poly when you go, you would simply be refunded the difference between your CL LV room and a normal LV room at Poly. This is a great situation to be in and a win-win for you because you wither get CL or you get if refunded. Most simply got moved to different rooms without any consideration of a refund for the missing CL services.

Does anyone know what rooms are considered standard view for Poly CL? My TA is quoting me for standard view, but I've only seen garden, lagoon, and theme park views.
I'm not aware of any Standard view category for CL at Poly. Garden View has been the lowest category for CL that I'm aware of. There are Standard and Lake View DVC rooms, but those are not CL rooms. There may also be some Standard View normal Poly rooms, but not for CL. Unless something has recently changed.

You know, they really could make Club Level work if they wanted to. I assume Capt. Cooks will still have grab-n-go options. Why couldn't the club lounge offer the same? There's nothing inherently more dangerous about setting up one-way-walking and grab-n-go counters in the lounge than there would be at a Quick Service location. Or they could try pre-bundled baskets delivered to your room with granola bars, muffins, bottled waters, etc. in the morning and a snack bag in the afternoon (though I suspect you'll read a lot of complaints on this board about this limited offering not being sufficient). Other ideas: issue a room service credit; create a CL express lane at quick service or walk-in dining at resort restaurants for CL guests along with a dining discount. There is nothing that will please everyone, but it would be nice if they tried to offer a modified club experience in addition to the option just to cancel.
I don’t think many would want a modified club level experience such as this. Club level on average is $178 or more per night, plus alcohol is offered. The only way it could possibly work is to have very strict requirements such as guests must use provided hand sanitizer before approaching food and drink items, masks must be worn while getting food and drinks and due to social distancing guests would have to eat and drink in their room. Honestly, when you think about those scenarios the fun and relaxing atmosphere of club level is nonexistant. It’s just hard choices for all of us that have a current club level reservation.

Does anyone know what rooms are considered standard view for Poly CL? My TA is quoting me for standard view, but I've only seen garden, lagoon, and theme park views.
None in the Hawaii longhouse. You are correct only Garden, Lagoon, and TPV rooms are available. So I would suggest your TA is saying Standard as in the lowest priced room aka a Garden view but you should always double check with your TA to validate your quote.

Dave

I don’t think many would want a modified club level experience such as this. Club level on average is $178 or more per night, plus alcohol is offered. The only way it could possibly work is to have very strict requirements such as guests must use provided hand sanitizer before approaching food and drink items, masks must be worn while getting food and drinks and due to social distancing guests would have to eat and drink in their room. Honestly, when you think about those scenarios the fun and relaxing atmosphere of club level is nonexistant. It’s just hard choices for all of us that have current club level reservation.
I'm suggesting it as an option. You can cancel, take a non-CL room or stick with CL and get these modified offerings. My concern is if they decide not to refund/discount the CL and the only option I have for Columbus Day weekend is pay for CL (with no CL benefits) or cancel my trip. I'm rolling the dice that CL will be offered or I will have the option for a discount later, but there is a chance I will get stuck by waiting.

I'm suggesting it as an option. You can cancel, take a non-CL room or stick with CL and get these modified offerings. My concern is if they decide not to refund/discount the CL and the only option I have for Columbus Day weekend is pay for CL (with no CL benefits) or cancel my trip. I'm rolling the dice that CL will be offered or I will have the option for a discount later, but there is a chance I will get stuck by waiting.
IMO, you have nothing to worry about. If you are staying at a Deluxe Resort that is open at the time of your travel, I would find it highly unlikely that if CL services are not being offered that you would not just simply be refunded the difference between your original CL room and the new non CL room rate, accounting for any applicable discounts.

My concern is if they decide not to refund/discount the CL and the only option I have for Columbus Day weekend is pay for CL (with no CL benefits) or cancel my trip.
So far we have a couple of reports about GDT CL guests being moved due to the NBA and one report from a single guest at AKL CL having any CL issues with future stays.

The GDT CL issue is still pending for the guest that was moved to the Contemporary (CR). The CM indicated that they could not book a CL room at this time and that the guest would need to wait until the deposit / payment was moved to the CR for a non CL room before any adjustment / change could be made.

If you have a CL room at an open resort, you can expect that you will be credited the CL price difference based on the room view you booked being applied to your resort booking if CL service is not available. And right now Disney is not offering CL service at any resort(s) until further notice.

We have already heard reports Disney has already done credits for guests with near-term packages with Park Hopper (PH) tickets. We will know more by July 10 when the Contemporary is scheduled to reopen.

Dave

Last edited:
IMO, you have nothing to worry about. If you are staying at a Deluxe Resort that is open at the time of your travel, I would find it highly unlikely that if CL services are not being offered that you would not just simply be refunded the difference between your original CL room and the new non CL room rate, accounting for any applicable discounts.
YES! Another voice of reason. Everyone needs to take a breath. Until there is an OFFICIAL announcement from Disney regarding CL options going forward, there is no point in speculating. What a CM sez on the phone doesn't constitute official notice. I don't for one minute believe that Disney is just gonna say too bad, so sad, you paid for CL but you're not gonna get it and we're not gonna compensate you. RELAX Grasshoppers! They haven't even opened yet!!!!!

Since things keep changing, I thought I would mention that I finally bit the bullet and called in today to change our stay at RPC because GF would not be open during our dates. We should have just called when they first allowed modifications for closed resorts but the hours and hours long wait times scared me off and so I booked a different room for those dates with a TA (non club level, Poly). I had to call because I had a complicated situation with a split reservation and a military rate. I booked CR std atrium CL as a replacement in Feb 2021. I could have booked it online with a cancel rebook but the system wasn’t allowing me to cancel so 4.5 hours and at least one disconnect later I was finally able to change. I wish I could have kept RPC as we have never tried it and were so looking forward to it but those rates made my hair curl for 2021. The CM at first told me that CL was not available at CR and when I insisted that I could see and book it online she made me hold and then got special permission to book it for me. She told me that at this time there is no date estimated for the return of club level and notated on my account that I had been told this before booking. She indicted that they were not supposed to book those rooms but I’m still confused as to why they are available online. So...not sure what to make of all of that.
Goodness, that does not sound very magical!

But, we've seen other reports of things being "bookable" in the system, but CMs being told they should not be booked. For example, someone was moved to Beach Club before it was supposed to open. The choices at the time should have been DVC or FW. The CM was able to do it, so they thought that was an option. Apparently, some rooms were not properly blocked off, and the way CMs find out is by reading a report that is sent every morning - some read them and some don't - which explains why there is so much variability in the responses.

I'm not aware of any Standard view category for CL at Poly. Garden View has been the lowest category for CL that I'm aware of. There are Standard and Lake View DVC rooms, but those are not CL rooms. There may also be some Standard View normal Poly rooms, but not for CL. Unless something has recently changed.

Thanks! i didn't think anything had changed recently, but you guys are the experts lol. TA finally verified that standard is garden view.

I'm hoping 2020 bookings are going to open in the next couple months after Disney gets their feet under them with regards to operating with COVID so I might have a chance to book something I want under my own terms instead of having to deal with this "Special Team" that is moving people.

The “special team” must think I really love CR. Which I do, but still. I’ve had two reservations now moved, one to BLT and one to CR. Glad I erred heavy on MK park days for the park reservations!

I’m not really complaining, more just tongue in cheek, but was sort of hoping the second stay would be somewhere else for a change of scene.

I have a non club level question. I want to rebook for next year. This year's is canceled already. I have a non used yet AP. The rest of my party doesn't. To book my parks, what would I need to do? Would I have to buy their tickets separately and link them? If I purchased a package instead of room only, then I would buy tickets for everyone as a package but then can't use my AP. Am I missing anything or are these my options. I'm almost sorry I bought an AP at this point (bought before the price increase over a year ago).

I have a non club level question. I want to rebook for next year. This year's is canceled already. I have a non used yet AP. The rest of my party doesn't. To book my parks, what would I need to do? Would I have to buy their tickets separately and link them? If I purchased a package instead of room only, then I would buy tickets for everyone as a package but then can't use my AP. Am I missing anything or are these my options. I'm almost sorry I bought an AP at this point (bought before the price increase over a year ago).
In order to make park reservations everyone in your party will have to have a ticket and resort reservation linked to MDE. Your voucher will allow you to make a reservation, but you will have to purchase tickets for the rest of your party.

Well now at least I have a "Service Request" through Travelocity to see where we'll end up. They said typical turnaround is 24 hours, but who knows.

To book my parks, what would I need to do? Would I have to buy their tickets separately and link them? If I purchased a package instead of room only, then I would buy tickets for everyone as a package but then can't use my AP. Am I missing anything or are these my options. I'm almost sorry I bought an AP at this point (bought before the price increase over a year ago).
Everyone needs a valid ticket prior to making a park reservation. Yes if you purchase a package everyone in a guest room would need the same tickets.

However you could still use your AP and save your package ticket for later use based on the expiration date. You would need to stop at a Ticket window / GS window to have your AP prioritized before you package ticket.

Dave

Everyone needs a valid ticket prior to making a park reservation. Yes if you purchase a package everyone in a guest room would need the same tickets.

However you could still use your AP and save your package ticket for later use based on the expiration date. You would need to stop at a Ticket window / GS window to have your AP prioritized before you package ticket.

Dave
Ok, thanks. Kind of what I figured. This complicates everything. I bought the AP because I was going on August and possibly again with a friend. Figured with the AP discount on rooms, food discount and MM. It would work out, even with just the 1 family trip. I paid less then a thousand with tax. With covid, I don't have any trips this year. We're planning next year but that will most likely be the last. I definitely won't have a friend trip next year due to my work calendar. With the new regulations I would have to purchase my husband and kid's tickets now to ensure we have a park day. Next summer is a long time away. Even if I book it in January. As I learned this year, anything can happen. I would hate to be stuck with all those tickets. If I book a package, then my AP is a waste. I know I'm thinking of this way too early but I'm missing disney.

As I learned this year, anything can happen. I would hate to be stuck with all those tickets. If I book a package, then my AP is a waste. I know I'm thinking of this way too early but I'm missing disney.
Well you will not be stuck with tickets if you book a package. Your tickets are tied to the package so if you cancel the package the "package" tickets go away.

Dave

Well you will not be stuck with tickets if you book a package. Your tickets are tied to the package so if you cancel the package the "package" tickets go away.

Dave
Yep but then I have an AP I'll never use. I know I'm thinking way ahead here. Hopefully things start getting back to normal everywhere. I will just monitor next year as it gets closer. Thanks for letting me think out loud😉

The “special team” must think I really love CR. Which I do, but still. I’ve had two reservations now moved, one to BLT and one to CR. Glad I erred heavy on MK park days for the park reservations!

I’m not really complaining, more just tongue in cheek, but was sort of hoping the second stay would be somewhere else for a change of scene.
🤣 I know! It seems like everyone was moved to CR (including us!). We could all probably have an informal Dis meetup!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter