Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Best thing to do is ask - we all have lots of opinions around here and are happy to share. 😎

For the Poly CL LV room, I would recommend requesting a room with a balcony (third floor) or patio (first floor) and leave it at that. Second floor rooms don’t have balconies (if you didn’t already know that) and I never really loved that setup when ours were young. Mommy and Daddy need quiet balcony time!

There aren’t that many LV rooms on the third floor (many are TPV), there are more on the first and some on the second - so chances are lower you might not get a third floor room, but more reasonable they’ll be able to give you a first floor room.

Just my opinion, but hope it helps!

That's totally helpful, thank you! Are there similar tips anyone has for AKL CL room preferences? That will be the second half of our trip, so I expect we will be running out of steam and spending more and more time at the resort.

We're a month out and I just hope nothing ends up causing us to have to reschedule at this point... We'll be in Poly CL Feb 11-15 and AKL CL Feb 15-19, getting back out of town right as President's Day weekend folks come in. It also looks like we will be getting into Poly CL in the first week or so of it reopening, just by pure chance, so I will be sure to share what I discover with the class!

I usually stay deluxe (and CL) but after our 50th rack rate experience at CR I do not feel as tolerant for the price point. They could have wowed me, but they did not. (and the coddled eggs were the straw that broke the camel's back 😆 )

I booked Swan for May and it is a value $ for the location. It's not GF or even YC but we will make our own magic with the savings. It's not a question of affordability but Disney prices are stupid for what they are providing. POFQ was my other choice for the same price point but I picked Swan for walkability to Epcot and DHS. We will not park hop or do AK that trip.
does swan have a lounge? I don’t recall if they are Westin or Sheraton - but I know one of those have lounges

Good afternoon everyone! Well Covid finally made it's way to our family!:crazy2::crazy2:

We had to make the very sad, sad, sad, sad, did I sad? decision to postpone our upcoming Saturday trip. Boo! We did reschedule for April and based on current availability, are now staying at AKL CL Savanna view. This is a resort I have never stayed at so I am very excited to try! Now to do some AKL research!

:)
It just went through my family and I am still recovering. :( Taking awhile to feel better...

Sad you had to cancel but you get to keep planning for the next few months and that is part of the fun :wizard:

I have never stayed AKL CL either. One day.

thanks to all that responded to my question about transportation from MCO to WDW. We normally used ME in the past (we like being in the bubble) and used rental cars a few times in 2020. So I reserved the "new" Mears service for our trip in two weeks and will see how it goes, will keep uber in the back pocket in case Mears isn't cutting it.

doing the happy dance here; had the BWI Deluxe CL for end of march trip; first at rack for 8900; then was able to get the 100/nt off last week so it dropped to 8200 but no AP 25% off; was still going since 70th birthday; since then, no deluxes on the site, not even TA site; this morning i saw a deluxe had dropped in but couldnt get the AP rate on it at all; but just got email from TA friend who did it - flipped us to the AP 25% off rate so now down to 6700; PS i have 2700 in Disney Visa reward dollars so the stay becomes 4K :-);

BTW due to bob paychecks antics, i am stopping use of the Disney VISA which only gives 1% back and just got the wells fargo cash back card which gives 2% back on everything(too bad i didnt do it sooner for this trip lol); normally i would keep using dis visa but i am a bit fed up with the policies now and will be better off in the long run; will keep dis visa for certain perks of course like the photo ops in dhs and epcot, etc.

PS DD and DSIL just about to land at home airport after celebrating her 30th in wdw; had a great time and except for tues in MK wasnt too crowded;

Well, I sadly just cancelled our stay for YC CL reopening next week. I have several extended family members Covid + after we attended (ignoring all our instincts) a family wedding at which we were the only 6 guests out of 80 who wore masks. My mom is 89, very frail & at home in palliative care. We are with her 24/7. I have been with her almost daily because several of my siblings are now + or in quarantine. Today my DD doesn’t feel well after dining out at a popular restaurant Friday. 🤦🏻‍♀️ She spent the day with my DH yesterday while I was at work. DH & I just relaxed that we were in the clear from the wedding & now we have to wait to see how it plays out with DD. If she turns +, DH will have to quarantine per our county health dept guidelines.

There‘s just no way I can risk more exposure now. Or leave my recovering siblings or the other 2 who have been sharing care with me for the last week. I had great ADRs & was so excited to be there on reopening day. I’m consoling myself that at least I’m spending time with my mom. She was too frail to attend the wedding & I am so thankful we have still been able to keep her home & safe from Covid. YC CL will be there for our April trip.
I hope everyone stays well! And what a beautiful memory to be with your mom!

We were there this year Dec16-21 with Dec 18-21 at WL CL. We spent the beginning of the vacation at RPH Club level at Universal. Universal with express pass was very managable. WDW was very busy. My learning curve on Genie+ made Dec 19 at HS stressful. Monday at MK was better. We did most of what we wanted and were not comandos but taking full advantage of early entry was a must in my opinion. It was busy but I packed my patience and we found ways to amuse ourselves in line. I would have liked to have done more evening hours but my DH was a grump with crowds and my DD 11 was running out of gas because it was a very busy trip. The weather was amazing. The Florida Christmas vibe never clicks for me but the decorations were so lovely.
Thanks for the feedback. I love Christmas in general. So it sounds like it won't be the low crowds I was hoping for. Will still be fun though if it works out.

does swan have a lounge? I don’t recall if they are Westin or Sheraton - but I know one of those have lounges

Many Florida Marriott owned properties (Westin and Sheraton are now owned by Marriott) are considered "resorts" or perhaps it is the opposite- they are considered "NOT resorts." but whichever it is for FL Marriott properties, most FL properties do not have a CL lounge. (Like JW and Marriott World Center.)

One exception is the Marriott at the MCO airport. ("Marriott Orlando Airport Lakeshore"). It has a CL. Otherwise, both some Sheratons and some Westins - in general - do have club lounges. I just don't know of any in the Orlando area. (but I'll follow up this post with more information.)

It is also important to add a few important details. Before the pandemic, many CL lounges were only open on weekdays, or maybe just in the morning, and/or were often closed on the weekends. Now with pandemic, each property is different. On the Marriott webpage for each specific property, there is a (small red print) link called "Covid-19 updates and what to expect at our hotel" that sends you to lists of what is supposed to be happening SPECIFICALLY at that property. To find out about the concierge lounge hours, click on the "FOOD & BEVERAGE OFFERINGS" link. that will tell you the exact hours dining is supposed to be open (at all eateries at that property). Of course, all bets are off right now with Omicron. I'm looking at the Bonnet Creek page, and there are also links about mini-golf hours etc. The Marriott Orlando Airport Lakeshore has a CL lounge, and it is currently open on weekdays (per webpage), but it does not appear to be a bookable category unless you are Platinum. Prior to the pandemic, access was often available for an upcharge though, so that might still be an option, I'm not sure.

That said, if you are a Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite Member (or higher), then you do qualify for a breakfast voucher at Swan/Dolphin for 2 people. Worth noting that the eateries at Swan get full, or used to get fully booked up pre-pandemic. If you do not have a reservation, the buffet at Dolphin is an easier location to get a table.

Oh, AAA also gets a discount at S/D. I think it was 20% off at all the restaurants, and also a better room rate. Generally, not only is the rate better, but also the cancelation terms and deposit requirement. Though the S/D/SR appear to be somewhat of an exception; they require a deposit and are stricter on policies.

Also worth mentioning: Marriott has opened several VERY new properties in the Orlando area. Some include breakfast. Among the very new options that do is the Residence Inn Flamingo Crossings. Flamingo Crossings is a very new development going up just off Western Way. The area currently has a new housing area for CM's, a JUST opened mini Target, and a JUST opened Starbucks, with more dining coming soon. Walgreens might now be open as well, but I'm not sure. Residence Inn rooms have a kitchenette. There are also two new Hilton suite-type hotels there and are also suite + breakfast style hotels. (Springhill and TownePlace date back to 2019, I think.) None of the hotels are as elaborate/fun as the WDW Deluxe hotels, and they have boring pools, but for now it is a pretty easy drive to the parks from that area, and cost a fraction of WDW. If you follow Western Way to Rt 429, the area appears to be just off-WDW property; there's even a WDW entrance/exit sign, but the land is actually owned by Disney.

Another option is the JW in the Bonnett Creek area. Bonnet Creek is the opposite, it appears to be part of WDW, but is one small parcel of land kinda within WDW that is NOT owned by WDW. There are multiple hotel brands located there. I have never stayed in that area, and some of them have been there for quite a while now, but the JW just opened. It does not have a CL lounge.

Good afternoon everyone! Well Covid finally made it's way to our family!:crazy2::crazy2:

We had to make the very sad, sad, sad, sad, did I sad? decision to postpone our upcoming Saturday trip. Boo! We did reschedule for April and based on current availability, are now staying at AKL CL Savanna view. This is a resort I have never stayed at so I am very excited to try! Now to do some AKL research!

:)

Hope you have a quick recovery. I know its always sad when you have to cancel a trip but I'm glad you were able to take some lemons and make some delicious lemonade!

That's totally helpful, thank you! Are there similar tips anyone has for AKL CL room preferences? That will be the second half of our trip, so I expect we will be running out of steam and spending more and more time at the resort.

We're a month out and I just hope nothing ends up causing us to have to reschedule at this point... We'll be in Poly CL Feb 11-15 and AKL CL Feb 15-19, getting back out of town right as President's Day weekend folks come in. It also looks like we will be getting into Poly CL in the first week or so of it reopening, just by pure chance, so I will be sure to share what I discover with the class!

So all of the CL rooms at AKL are on the 4th floor with just a few exceptions. Pres and VP suites are on 5, there's just a handful of 1 and 2 bedroom suites (nonDVC) scattered on floors 2-4 and the 5 DVC rooms on the 6th floor where the lounge is located. You kind of have to choose at AKL if you want a better savanna view or be close to the lounge. The elevators are on the zebra trail so if you want to be close to the lounge I would request zebra trail, close to lobby. Note, there's another bank of elevators on the zebra and kudu trails but neither go to the 6th floor, only the main bank in the lobby. There are stairs that go to the CL but you would take 1 set to the 5th floor then a different set to the lounge (not super convenient).

If you want a better chance of seeing more animals then being further down the halls allows for this. However, know that it will be a good 10-15 hike to the lounge. Its a great walk because you can look out at the savannas along the way but a little cumbersome if you just want to grab a drink.

Here's a little more info about Marriott properties/CL's in the WDW area:

No CL: Castle/Autograph Collection (Plat get cont break for 2), JW Grande Lakes (Plat=cont break for 2), Delta Lake BV, Renaissance Sea World, World Center, Sheraton Suites MCO

The following have CL's, but info about being open might be out of date:
Renaissance MCO - Has a CL, bookable category, closed weekends
Marriott MCO - CL, but closed weekends
Marriott downtown - CL, might be OPEN on weekends

Tampa Westin Waterside + "Westin Tampa Bay": have CL, might be OPEN weekends
Marriott Westshore has a CL but closed weekends
Most Fort Lauderdale area Marriott hotels do not have CL's, except one at the airport- I think.
Generally, timeshares (Vistana, Sabal Palms, etc) do not have CL's.

Many Florida Marriott owned properties (Westin and Sheraton are now owned by Marriott) are considered "resorts" or perhaps it is the opposite- they are considered "NOT resorts." but whichever it is for FL Marriott properties, most FL properties do not have a CL lounge. (Like JW and Marriott World Center.)

One exception is the Marriott at the MCO airport. ("Marriott Orlando Airport Lakeshore"). It has a CL. Otherwise, both some Sheratons and some Westins - in general - do have club lounges. I just don't know of any in the Orlando area. (but I'll follow up this post with more information.)

It is also important to add a few important details. Before the pandemic, many CL lounges were only open on weekdays, or maybe just in the morning, and/or were often closed on the weekends. Now with pandemic, each property is different. On the Marriott webpage for each specific property, there is a (small red print) link called "Covid-19 updates and what to expect at our hotel" that sends you to lists of what is supposed to be happening SPECIFICALLY at that property. To find out about the concierge lounge hours, click on the "FOOD & BEVERAGE OFFERINGS" link. that will tell you the exact hours dining is supposed to be open (at all eateries at that property). Of course, all bets are off right now with Omicron. I'm looking at the Bonnet Creek page, and there are also links about mini-golf hours etc. The Marriott Orlando Airport Lakeshore has a CL lounge, and it is currently open on weekdays (per webpage), but it does not appear to be a bookable category unless you are Platinum. Prior to the pandemic, access was often available for an upcharge though, so that might still be an option, I'm not sure.

That said, if you are a Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite Member (or higher), then you do qualify for a breakfast voucher at Swan/Dolphin for 2 people. Worth noting that the eateries at Swan get full, or used to get fully booked up pre-pandemic. If you do not have a reservation, the buffet at Dolphin is an easier location to get a table.

Oh, AAA also gets a discount at S/D. I think it was 20% off at all the restaurants, and also a better room rate. Generally, not only is the rate better, but also the cancelation terms and deposit requirement. Though the S/D/SR appear to be somewhat of an exception; they require a deposit and are stricter on policies.

Also worth mentioning: Marriott has opened several VERY new properties in the Orlando area. Some include breakfast. Among the very new options that do is the Residence Inn Flamingo Crossings. Flamingo Crossings is a very new development going up just off Western Way. The area currently has a new housing area for CM's, a JUST opened mini Target, and a JUST opened Starbucks, with more dining coming soon. Walgreens might now be open as well, but I'm not sure. Residence Inn rooms have a kitchenette. There are also two new Hilton suite-type hotels there and are also suite + breakfast style hotels. (Springhill and TownePlace date back to 2019, I think.) None of the hotels are as elaborate/fun as the WDW Deluxe hotels, and they have boring pools, but for now it is a pretty easy drive to the parks from that area, and cost a fraction of WDW. If you follow Western Way to Rt 429, the area appears to be just off-WDW property; there's even a WDW entrance/exit sign, but the land is actually owned by Disney.

Another option is the JW in the Bonnett Creek area. Bonnet Creek is the opposite, it appears to be part of WDW, but is one small parcel of land kinda within WDW that is NOT owned by WDW. There are multiple hotel brands located there. I have never stayed in that area, and some of them have been there for quite a while now, but the JW just opened. It does not have a CL lounge.
We stayed at the SpringHill Suites in a 2 bedroom for our first night (non-park day before the "real" trip began) back in December. The breakfast was fine, the drive to property was super quick in the morning, and the room was very large and inexpensive. I used Hilton Points i had lying around and it cost me 72 dollars for the room. The bathroom was odd since there was no shower curtain AT ALL and it made a huge wet mess since there was nothing keeping the water in the bathtub while showering. I wouldn't recommend it for an entire stay unless you don't care about the Disney magic at all and are looking to save. It was a perfectly fine hotel to stay in, just would have missed our Disney bubble if we were there more than our pre-trip night.

Same here! Right now we are Poly CL Feb 11-15 and then Poly King K suite 15-18. Still on the fence about moving to the FS for the 15-18 date. The price jump is BIG…

Hi everyone,

I know it's in here somewhere.... Does anyone know which rooms are the CL rooms at AKL on the roomfinder map and where the lounge is the map? Just learning about this resort.

GADisneydad, did you post this a while back or was that for another resort?

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I know it's in here somewhere.... Does anyone know which rooms are the CL rooms at AKL on the roomfinder map and where the lounge is the map? Just learning about this resort.

Thanks!
Touringplans has a very helpful and free room view tool that shows where each type of room is located.

Hi everyone,

Thanks!
The CL lounge is above the lobby, so smack in the middle, top floor. (6)

I don't know that they have official CL rooms like some resorts do, since 4th floor can be both CL and non CL rooms. I do know all CL assigned rooms are Savanah views.

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Yeah, I don’t have one for AKL. My impression has always been that it may vary a bit just how far down the halls they’ll assign CL rooms, but I’m definitely not an expert on the topic so could be totally incorrect. I defer all AKL questions to @Nicole Larson! :-)

The CL lounge is above the lobby, so smack in the middle, top floor. (6)

I don't know that they have official CL rooms like some resorts do, since 4th floor can be both CL and non CL rooms. I do know all CL assigned rooms are Savanah views.
Touring Plan's room finder shows the King and queen queen rooms all on the 4th floor close to the lobby in Zebra Trail and Kudu Trail. Even though the pictures below might be a bit confusing in terms of orientation, all are facing the Arusha Savanna. The 1 bedroom suites that aren't DVC but are CL seem to be all over the place.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter