Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Oh that’s too funny, we left the next morning for wdw after DS confirmation that year!

I am not sure of spring, or rest of year? Ya never know though!

Funny… last year you weren’t going to be in Disney at all while we were there and then you ended up there for two of our trips!! lol I’m sure we’ll cross paths again!! I told the fam you are in Disney/Uni and showed them your pics and DD said “Trish is there again?!’ 😂😂

My DH and I had two trips planned for the coming months. CR Tower Club (king room) in late February and Poly Honeymoon Suite in late April. With covid, we just weren’t feeling excited about our February trip in six weeks, so we cancelled it. We were able to extend our Poly stay in April though. So, we will be in the Honeymoon Suite for 8 nights.

I read (a few pages back) that the free room service aspect of the Tonga Suites is still in question and may not return until room service returns to the entire resort. In my opinion, the room service attached to the Tonga Suites is a huge selling point and helps justify the high price, especially since you’re in a totally separate building from the main Hawaii Building Club Level.

Is room service currently on hold due to staffing issues? One of the reasons we booked a Tonga suite is that the Hawaii Lounge is typically pretty hectic and we are looking for a more relaxed stay to celebrate our 26th anniversary and my 50th birthday. I LOVE the Poly so the honeymoon suite with the room service seemed the perfect solution.

I’d be grateful for any insight! At a minimum, I hope Disney clarifies the situation soon.

My DH and I had two trips planned for the coming months. CR Tower Club (king room) in late February and Poly Honeymoon Suite in late April. With covid, we just weren’t feeling excited about our February trip in six weeks, so we cancelled it. We were able to extend our Poly stay in April though. So, we will be in the Honeymoon Suite for 8 nights.

I read (a few pages back) that the free room service aspect of the Tonga Suites is still in question and may not return until room service returns to the entire resort. In my opinion, the room service attached to the Tonga Suites is a huge selling point and helps justify the high price, especially since you’re in a totally separate building from the main Hawaii Building Club Level.

Is room service currently on hold due to staffing issues? One of the reasons we booked a Tonga suite is that the Hawaii Lounge is typically pretty hectic and we are looking for a more relaxed stay to celebrate our 26th anniversary and my 50th birthday. I LOVE the Poly so the honeymoon suite with the room service seemed the perfect solution.

I’d be grateful for any insight! At a minimum, I hope Disney clarifies the situation soon.
I think we can all speculate as to why they haven't had room service return, but it probably is at least partly to do with staffing for one reason or another. They don't even have those suites attached to CL right now, so to me the price for them is a real downer. I could see it if you really wanted a high end experience, to have that awesome room and CL, but without the CL (and currently no sight of the return of any room service free or otherwise for anyone), I would personally weigh if your willing to pay that price (I know you didn't ask that, but if you are going expecting those things and they're not there it could be a HUGE bummer, and I for one want to get what I expect I'm paying for).

Boardwalk question. Do the garden cottages still have club level access? I know they paired down the total number of rooms, but I wanted to make sure these were still covered.

Snowing and bored, so a good time to catch up on some trip pics from what was my hopefully last Poly trip with no CL. Stayed in the 1BR Suite, which is in the Tonga Longhouse. I've said it before here but I absolutely love the Tonga suite renovations - I think Disney totally nailed it with the function/design. The prior suite design was rather stuffy and stale, but these are light, bright, and fun. I like how they are influenced by the Moana theme, but not overly so (looking at you CR).

Some pics...

Main entryway. That connecting door to the left connects to the master BR of the King Kamehameha suite. With the hard flooring, I recommend a rolled up towel to seal the gap.

The living room area.

The couch is a pull out sofa (a real pull out, not the flip over kind). I slept on it a few nights... most adults won't enjoy the experience, I suspect.

The shelving and counter space makes for excellent storage space for all the odds/ends one tends to lay around in a hotel room. The suites come with a Nespresso machine but you can call and ask for a Keurig (which I prefer over the Nespresso). I sort of laughed at the $20 dorm room microwave in contrast to the multi-thousand $ Wolf microwave in the CR suites. I wondered if it was perhaps left over from a prior guest who requested a microwave and not meant to be a permanent fixture?

The few waters/soda were a nice touch. YMMV on that kind of thing, in my experience.

The view from the living room.

The tree is a nice touch for the holidays.

Closet space off the main entryway.

The bedroom has 2 queens. This room is a massive improvement over the prior version as this furniture actually fits in the room.

Relatively massive closet/makeup area.

The bathroom is beautiful. With a full glass shower, it shares the same lack of privacy as the regular resort rooms.

And then the world's plainest toilet room. Oh well. :-)

Since it's on the second floor and closest to the Grand Ceremonial House side of the building, the 1BR has arguably the best location in the Tonga Longhouse for fireworks viewing.

Hi - I'm sorry you had to reschedule your Feb trip. Obviously pure speculation since no one really knows... either it's staffing/resources... or in-room dining was never all that profitable/worth it for Disney anyway so Covid provided a good reason to cut it, never to return. I'm going to guess staffing/resources and you'll see it eventually return, but that's a big guess on my part. With mobile ordering and to-go ordering now available at some restaurants and on some level a substitute for private dining, maybe Disney feels less inclined to devote resources to it at the moment.

It's interesting to watch how they've handled things at the two NBA resorts that have/had private dining since reopening. At GF... for awhile it was just a CM bringing everything in disposable containers w/ disposable utensils. That eventually changed back to normal room service - with real plates, CMs in their bow ties, etc. They originally offered private dining at YC and BCV upon reopening, but later when BC opened they stopped all together. What does any of that mean, if anything? Who knows I guess.

Sorry, I'm sure speculation isn't that helpful.

Not related to your question, but I really, really love the new Tonga suites - so I hope answers to your questions will materialize for you over the next few months prior to your trip so you can make the best decision for you.

The bedroom has 2 queens. This room is a massive improvement over the prior version as this furniture actually fits in the room.
View attachment 639610

View attachment 639612

View attachment 639614

Relatively massive closet/makeup area.
View attachment 639616

View attachment 639617

The bathroom is beautiful. With a full glass shower, it shares the same lack of privacy as the regular resort rooms.
View attachment 639618

View attachment 639619

View attachment 639620

And then the world's plainest bathroom. Oh well. :-)
View attachment 639622

Since it's on the second floor and closest to the Grand Ceremonial House side of the building, the 1BR has arguably the best location in the Tonga Longhouse for fireworks viewing.
View attachment 639628
First of all: stop being bored with the snow, some of us in GA only got cold rain (now that is something to be bored with...but I guess that's what I get for moving to Augusta).
Second of all: the color of those bed runners are *chefs kiss*, and that tile in the shower is gorgeous. I gave a big thumbs down to that one shower they did with the tub in it, but this is awesome.

Also, that fireworks view makes this a room to aim for. Absolute goals, just wish it was still listed under CL, maybe they'll fix that soon.

We had a wonderful stay and are sadly back home. Looking forward to going back for Flower and Garden but most likely just Dolphin, no CL.

My daughter wants to do a beach vacation for winter break next month and all I know is Disney - She was not happy with my suggestion for Yacht and Beach Club.

Any recommendations for a nice beach resort in Florida? I don’t even know where to start. Tampa, West Palm, Miami??

*edit to add some CL pics and our room which was so pretty and had great views for Harmonious.

Attachments

• A18B57CF-BB6A-41D8-8074-FECB6E1734EE.jpeg
    A18B57CF-BB6A-41D8-8074-FECB6E1734EE.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 0118B1A8-87BB-4840-B833-46224E77E114.jpeg
    0118B1A8-87BB-4840-B833-46224E77E114.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 57
  • EE83F5CE-E862-4DBC-8412-684BA5E0C46B.jpeg
    EE83F5CE-E862-4DBC-8412-684BA5E0C46B.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 59D5823D-3225-4678-8084-54B42989F52F.jpeg
    59D5823D-3225-4678-8084-54B42989F52F.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 61
  • CCC2E16B-4CF6-43AF-8962-E8F428428442.jpeg
    CCC2E16B-4CF6-43AF-8962-E8F428428442.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 59
  • E773A593-F961-4257-A2E3-C696419EC1CD.jpeg
    E773A593-F961-4257-A2E3-C696419EC1CD.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 62
  • D7EC26C9-FC07-40B2-A86E-7BE570DC53B1.jpeg
    D7EC26C9-FC07-40B2-A86E-7BE570DC53B1.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 56
My daughter wants to do a beach vacation for winter break next month and all I know is Disney - She was not happy with my suggestion for Yacht and Beach Club.

Any recommendations for a nice beach resort in Florida? I don’t even know where to start. Tampa, West Palm, Miami??

*edit to add some CL pics and our room which was so pretty and had great views for Harmonious.

Depends what you want. If you want bigger waves, East Coast is where you want to be. That said, we really love Tampa/Clearwater side. A beautiful aspect of Gulf side is there are multiple spots known for LOTS of shells on the beach.

I have been to Ft. Lauderdale a number of times, but not recently. One area that falls under the radar is Hollywood beach area. It is a little quieter/less commercial than Ft. Lauderdale area. Think smaller places that are family run.

St Augustine has LOTS of neat history. I've actually never been to the beach there, but wandering St. Augustine is a neat day adventure. The Autograph Collection hotel was interesting and nice. It was in the Flagler College area. (neat to see the main building). The old fort and Old Town area are worthwhile. Be sure to have a Hyppo Popsicle! They are REALLY good!

Daytona is just okay. You'll probably want to avoid Bike Week, and any big racing weekends. If you are in that area though, drive north to an area called Port Orange. There are several old school Florida Seafood restaurants, but a favorite is called Boondocks. It is VERY barebones, and informal, but the food is great. It is hard to find, as are several other waterfront eateries. They have a marina out back and the river gets big catfish. I most recent visit was several years ago, but it used to get significant waits at dinner. Think conch fritters, mahi-mahi, and fried oysters.

If you end up near Fort Lauderdale...a crazy place to eat - also sea food is called Cap's Place. it is also hard to find, but worth the search. to get there, you actually have to find the parking area, then take a little shuttle boat out to the actual restaurant. Very ...I'm not sure how to say, very old school classic South Florida Seafood. I haven't been in some years, but the food is excellent. Key Lime Pie is the dessert to try. Olivia's at WDW is/was supposed to represent this type of theming, but the real South Florida dining is SO much better than WDW's watered-down copy. Hearts of Palm salad is another traditional menu item to try when in this area.

Oh, one more item to try..maybe if you go to Naples area is maybe fried gator.

If you visit very South Florida, the Everglades and Big Cypress NF are great places to visit. If you go... look for a crazy fruit stand called Robert is Here. They are a little fruit stand but they sell amazing exotic fruits you can't find anywhere else 9excpet there are knock-off fruit stands nearby). They will give you like he best mango you've ever tasted, and they make amazing fruit smoothies with the super fresh exotic fruits they sell. It is homestead, FL. Near the highway you'd take to go to the FL Keys. Driving out to the Keys is also unique to FL, as is an airboat tour. Best time of year for very south Florida is - more or less - right now. It is pretty warm year round.

Febuary is also peak citrus season. Find a real citrus stand, not the terrible ones off the highway. Near WDW, is a fun one up on 192 called Orange World- looks like a giant orange. Tampa, Naples, Ft Lauderdale should all have good ones to visit.

Clearwater has traffic to get there but the beach is very pretty. A super neat place to visit is Honeymoon Island/Caladesi. It is only open during the day, I think. It is a state beach/park. Tampa Bay also has wild dolphins to see. I think the one we went on was part of the Tampa Aquarium. As for hotels, there are quite a few.

Another nice beach to visit in that area is Indian Rocks. just at the beach is a parking area, bathroom/beach house, and parking wasn't very expensive. Good dining nearby as well. There's a bigger (more commercial/built up), but there are also bigger more commercial/built up beaches in that area as well.

This time of year there are multiple places to see Manatatees. If full-on beaches aren't your thing, Fl also has numerous Natural Springs parks as well! they are rather unique, but get busy. You have to arrive early just to enter. Like Wekiwa, not too far the WDW. Most are state parks with swimming, canoes. I haven't been there, but DeLeon Springs has a really neat looking pancake restaurant that is very popular. Visitors cook their own pancakes tableside. Arrive early and be prepared to wait!

In winter, many birds migrate to FL, so you can see all sorts of birds in FL.

Then there's Cape Canaveral, Miami...

We had a wonderful stay and are sadly back home. Looking forward to going back for Flower and Garden but most likely just Dolphin, no CL.

What about Key West? My husband and I love Clearwater. The softest sand I've ever seen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter