Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Do most people hear from DSS before their stays? I don't need anything from them, so have no reason to contact them. Just looking for reassurance that it doesn't indicate a problem.

Do most people hear from DSS before their stays? I don't need anything from them, so have no reason to contact them. Just looking for reassurance that it doesn't indicate a problem.

I think it varies depending on which resort the reservation is for:

We got a call from DSS the other day about our trip which is a split stay at Animal Kingdom and Contemporary, both club level. She mentioned both reservations and asked if we had any questions about either. She also mentioned the date that we would be 60 days out as a reminder to book dining reservations or tours. This call came in exactly 80 days out from the trip.

We have another upcoming trip for Wilderness Lodge/Polynesian Club Levels that we got the call at 61 days out.

Back in August we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge Club level and it looks like we were called 10 days out. But that might have been because they just re-opened the Club level.

We received an email (no call) 10 days out for Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club last month (we had to cancel that trip).

Getting a call from DSS since the CLs have reopened has been really spotty for us, but DSS isn't helpful these days anyway. However, we have been getting a call from someone at the club in which we will actually be staying (much closer to our check-in date, approximately a week before) which to me is much more beneficial because you can make them aware of any food allergies, check on room requests that were made, etc. I found DSS to be helpful when dining reservations, cabanas, etc could be booked 180 days out so I really hope the booking date for such things is changed back to 180 days soon! Maybe YC is behind since they haven't been open too long. We did get a call from someone actually at AK, so I would think they would call you soon??

I have YC in 7 days and AKL in 10. No calls or emails, other than the standard confirmation. The reservations show correctly in MDE.

Have a great trip!! Please take lots of pics of the food for us! Can you please do me a huge favor (if you can) and take pics of the activity calendars at each resort so I can post them on the Resort Calendar Thread for March?! I’d truly appreciate it!! 😊 Have fun!!!

Have a great trip!! Please take lots of pics of the food for us! Can you please do me a huge favor (if you can) and take pics of the activity calendars at each resort so I can post them on the Resort Calendar Thread for March?! I’d truly appreciate it!! 😊 Have fun!!!
Thanks!
My kids joke that we don't have any Disney pictures where I'm not holding food, so that part will be easy. We'll also be at Pop and CBR during our trip, so I'll try to get activity calendars there too :)

Thanks!
My kids joke that we don't have any Disney pictures where I'm not holding food, so that part will be easy. We'll also be at Pop and CBR during our trip, so I'll try to get activity calendars there too :)

That would be wonderful, thank you so much!! 🥰 Sounds like a fun filled trip!! Hope you have a great time!

Out of all our CL stays, I believe the only time I’ve heard from any CL prior to a trip was for GDT. In 2020, we received a welcome card in the mail and then obviously was canceled… but then again we heard from DSS twice regarding GDT prior to our recent Christmas trip. It definitely does not mean there’s an issue, but if you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out to them!

Agreed. Your posts got me digging a bit deeper, to then find out their current plans for in-room dining/Tonga. I’ll also be contacting them to express my frustration with Tonga. I don’t see them lowering pricing (anywhere), but enough pushback could change their mind here.

Post updates if you get any!

I will certainly post here if I get any more information.

One interesting tidbit about the pricing…the last person I spoke to said that the current price of the room reflects the current services offered. (I took that to mean the price we booked was already reflective of the loss of service).

Fortunately, I had already done some digging on the historical rack rates. Our particular room (the honeymoon suite) has historically been priced slightly higher than the Hawaii Building Lagoon View CL rooms and slightly less than the Hawaii Building TPV rooms. And, guess what? They still are.

The Honeymoon Suite is a lagoon view room, but also has a big tub in it. I can see why (in the past) they priced it where they did.

When I inquired (nicely) about how the rack rate of the room could still be priced between CL LV and CL TPV if the price was truly reflective of a big loss of service, no real answer was provided. I asked why the honeymoon suite was still more valuable than a CL LV room when I had to walk outside across the resort to get any hot food and CL LV has that some benefit right in their building. Again, no adequate answer.

I will say that every CM I spoke to was exceptionally nice. I know they aren’t the ones making pricing decisions. They just have to deliver the message. The problem comes when the customer comes prepared with details and historical room rates. The CMs usually don’t have that info and so the conversation stops cold with no real answers.

That’s why I’m on a quest to talk to someone who actually makes decisions and has real answers.

Last edited:
I will certainly post here if I get any more information.

One interesting tidbit about the pricing…the last person I spoke to said that the current price of the room reflects the current services offered. (I took that to mean the price we booked was already reflective of the loss of service).

Fortunately, I had already done some digging on the historical rack rates. Our particular room (the honeymoon suite) has historically been priced slightly higher than the Hawaii Building Lagoon View CL rooms and slightly less than the Hawaii Building TPV rooms. And, guess what? They still are.

The Honeymoon Suite is a lagoon view room, but also has a big tub in it. I can see why (in the past) they priced it where they did.

When I inquired (nicely) about how the rack rate of the room could still be priced between CL LV and CL TPV if the price was truly reflective of a big loss of service, no real answer was provided. I asked why the honeymoon suite was still more valuable than a CL LV room when I had to walk outside across the resort to get any hot food and CL LV has that some benefit right in their building. Again, no adequate answer.

I will say that every CM I spoke to was exceptionally nice. I know they aren’t the ones making pricing decisions. They just have to deliver the message. The problem comes when the customer comes prepared with details and historical room rates. The CMs usually don’t have that info and so the conversation stops cold with no real answers.

That’s why I’m on a quest to talk to someone who actually makes decisions and has real answers.
Unfortunately, I think the only answer as to why the same price is being charged for a reduced offering is because…they can. A more dramatic change in this case, but really no different than charging the same for a regular room but not offering daily housekeeping.

Unfortunately, I think the only answer as to why the same price is being charged for a reduced offering is because…they can. A more dramatic change in this case, but really no different than charging the same for a regular room but not offering daily housekeeping.

I 100% completely agree with you.

And, It’s cool if they want to drop a service without changing the price; just admit it. I’m trying to give them the opportunity to do this. :chat: In my opinion, not enough customers push for real answers.

I’m still waiting for a call back. And, I still have faith that Disney will remember the impeccable customer service standards they set for themselves years ago. I truly believe the CMs I spoke to were on my side; they just couldn’t do anything about it because they aren’t the decision makers. I have faith that the frontline CMs are taking customer feedback and relaying it to the people who can actually make change.

And, there’s a better chance that things will change if customers speak up rather than just accept the linguistic gymnastics.

Also, I’m a stubborn Taurus. I believe it’s in the job description. :)

I heard from them for my April trip, but I didn’t get any correspondence from them for my March trip in a week - both staying at the same CL.

I think it varies depending on which resort the reservation is for:

We got a call from DSS the other day about our trip which is a split stay at Animal Kingdom and Contemporary, both club level. She mentioned both reservations and asked if we had any questions about either. She also mentioned the date that we would be 60 days out as a reminder to book dining reservations or tours. This call came in exactly 80 days out from the trip.

We have another upcoming trip for Wilderness Lodge/Polynesian Club Levels that we got the call at 61 days out.

Back in August we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge Club level and it looks like we were called 10 days out. But that might have been because they just re-opened the Club level.

We received an email (no call) 10 days out for Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club last month (we had to cancel that trip).
Yep - I got a call today but couldn't answer it- bummer, but it was exciting to see the call coming in from Lake Buena Vista! Left # on voicemail to return call. We are 80 days too! Staying Contemporary CL

@TigrLvsPooh - I had a suggestion for Page 1… I’m not sure if you have time or would even be interested in the upkeep… but I think it would be great if a list can be started, listing each Club Level and then linking posts showing the current offerings… that way, we can keep up with the changing offerings and there’s a collective list for people to reference… for example…(obviously you can do it however you want).

Grand Destino Tower

December:

Offerings

Grand Floridian Resort

January:

Offerings

(can either group by time of day - breakfast/snacks/evening apps. - or just post page 1 and we can look from there.)

Anyway, just wanted to share my random thought of the day. I thought it would be helpful. Thanks for listening 🙂

Hello! I'm so sorry for the delay, I never get notifs from disboards no matter how many times I turn them on. I apologize! And yes I used to keep a regularly updated list of food offerings for all the lounges on property but obviously that ended a couple of years ago. If you have scans of any new menus you can email them to me at: ekmurphy12@gmail.com and I can add them to page 1 no problem! :D As for photos, I previously used photobucket to host all the lounge pics/food pics people would send me for this thread but sadly photobucket turned all the links off and no longer offers the ability to do so. I'm not sure if there is another way to host them? If so I can do that as well. :)

Hello! I'm so sorry for the delay, I never get notifs from disboards no matter how many times I turn them on. I apologize! And yes I used to keep a regularly updated list of food offerings for all the lounges on property but obviously that ended a couple of years ago. If you have scans of any new menus you can email them to me at: ekmurphy12@gmail.com and I can add them to page 1 no problem! :D As for photos, I previously used photobucket to host all the lounge pics/food pics people would send me for this thread but sadly photobucket turned all the links off and no longer offers the ability to do so. I'm not sure if there is another way to host them? If so I can do that as well. :)

I’ll send you an email 🙂

Good Morning,

I swear in the past signature services could take resort payments. I tried last week and they told me I had to go through the reservation line. Is this a change or am I remembering incorrectly?
Sorry, I'm a little behind...but yes, SS should have taken your payment. I just made a payment this week on Monday..had to wait on hold for almost 30 minutes but it was certainly shorter than calling the "main" number. If you try again and still get refused, ask to speak to a supervisor. Last year, I called to make a payment and was told no....yet I had done so months earlier. When I mentioned that, she offered to check and call me back...several hours later she did call back and agreed that they can take payments and did take mine at that time.

TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter