Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Exactly! Tacos, pigs in blanket AND pulled pork nonstop at YC.

To be fair maybe things have changed. Over the years we became friendly with a fairly high level resort services manager. Several YEARS ago I made a comment that food supposedly was much better at BWI and going to stay there some time. He insisted that all the offerings were the same across the board. He may have meant the offerings - oatmeal/grits, an egg dish, pastries etc for breakfast. Same snacks. A pasta salad, veggies hot dish for appetizers etc. he insisted all consistent across resorts

DH only wants club level. DS and I would skip this trip

Good afternoon! We are regular CL at YC and BC. Our last stay was in June at YC.

I’m freaking out a little since I just received a phone call from someone at the YC. He wanted to let me know that the offerings had changed. Still continental breakfast, snacks and appetizers but changed.

He did not sell it or elaborate other to say the options are more varied.

We thought the food was fine in June. What can we expect?

Should I opt out of CL and book more dining? He really did not sell it!
I too would call DSS, explain your level of concern due to the phone call has you ready to drop the club level add-on and you would like details on what has changed.

Exactly! Tacos, pigs in blanket AND pulled pork nonstop at YC.

To be fair maybe things have changed. Over the years we became friendly with a fairly high level resort services manager. Several YEARS ago I made a comment that food supposedly was much better at BWI and going to stay there some time. He insisted that all the offerings were the same across the board. He may have meant the offerings - oatmeal/grits, an egg dish, pastries etc for breakfast. Same snacks. A pasta salad, veggies hot dish for appetizers etc. he insisted all consistent across resorts

DH only wants club level. DS and I would skip this trip
Ugh. I’m totally waffling too. And time is running out. 😬

Ugh. I’m totally waffling too. And time is running out. 😬
The breakfast and wine/beer offerings are nice if you use those features. We did regular BWI and instead of happy hour went to La Hacienda , Hoop de Doo, Flying Fish and Polite Pig. We enjoyed our meals very much and I wouldn't have booked them if I had CL. I still spent way less money.

The breakfast and wine/beer offerings are nice if you use those features. We did regular BWI and instead of happy hour went to La Hacienda , Hoop de Doo, Flying Fish and Polite Pig. We enjoyed our meals very much and I wouldn't have booked them if I had CL. I still spent way less money.
I like breakfast and the convenience of the room location and well as being able to pop over for soda or water or chips when we’re peckish. I can definitely see how you spent less money and were able to go exactly where you wanted.

I like breakfast and the convenience of the room location and well as being able to pop over for soda or water or chips when we’re peckish. I can definitely see how you spent less money and were able to go exactly where you wanted.
I go back and forth often. CL and No cl. I love the time convenience. I also enjoy some of the lounges like GF and Poly and Tower Cl. Then some trips I feel I tried new stuff because I wasn;t stuck with a CL timetable. I feel I work around lounge times which isn't always the best thing.

At any rate once I am at Disney I am always happy with my choice. Always have a great time. Always thinking about planning a next trip:rolleyes1 TO CL or not? You can make a memorable trip either way.:cloud9:

I go back and forth often. CL and No cl. I love the time convenience. I also enjoy some of the lounges like GF and Poly and Tower Cl. Then some trips I feel I tried new stuff because I wasn;t stuck with a CL timetable. I feel I work around lounge times which isn't always the best thing.

At any rate once I am at Disney I am always happy with my choice. Always have a great time. Always thinking about planning a next trip:rolleyes1 TO CL or not? You can make a memorable trip either way.:cloud9:
You’re so right. Thanks for the reassurance.

AND the reason CL will be extremely helpful the next several weeks is due to the crowds. We did a 20-27th non CL and the wait for breakfast alone was insane, every park and at BC. Totally agree CL worth it for breakfast, drinks and quick snacks alone especially when parks are so so crowded and weather a little cooler and you want someplace to hang other than parks and pool!

Things have gotten better for appetizers! 2019 pulled pork was one of the options every other night. That’s when I complained loudly. Early 2020 was better, and options even better since the closure. We just remember prior to 2019 (when we felt major slide)

DH is set on CL for trip. I’m was very much leaning that way too prior to the call yesterday for the reasons above

AND the reason CL will be extremely helpful the next several weeks is due to the crowds. We did a 20-27th non CL and the wait for breakfast alone was insane, every park and at BC. Totally agree CL worth it for breakfast, drinks and quick snacks alone especially when parks are so so crowded and weather a little cooler and you want someplace to hang other than parks and pool!

Things have gotten better for appetizers! 2019 pulled pork was one of the options every other night. That’s when I complained loudly. Early 2020 was better, and options even better since the closure. We just remember prior to 2019 (when we felt major slide)

DH is set on CL for trip. I’m was very much leaning that way too prior to the call yesterday for the reasons above
You are so right about the advantage during the holiday crowds. We’ve only done YC CL pre-COVID and I remember always having a soup and bacon wrapped scallops, etc. The food was actually fine then, although we only stayed around 3 days at a time, so we didn’t get repeats. From the reports, it definitely looks like the choices (mostly appetizers) are not as strong since they reopened. I think over this crowded time of year, you are right that that convenience factor is going to win out.

You are so right about the advantage during the holiday crowds. We’ve only done YC CL pre-COVID and I remember always having a soup and bacon wrapped scallops, etc. The food was actually fine then, although we only stayed around 3 days at a time, so we didn’t get repeats. From the reports, it definitely looks like the choices (mostly appetizers) are not as strong since they reopened. I think over this crowded time of year, you are right that that convenience factor is going to win out.
DEFINITELY!

Pre Covid was much better….

Had a brief but lovely stay at GDT last week. Club still looks to be in great shape, plenty of seating, good breakfast and interesting alcohol selections. They even had a hard seltzer (Truly I think?) which was handy to take down to the pool. There were pre-packaged cookies (DO NOT EAT THE COOKIES- they were definitely the most disgusting thing I have tried in some time) and pre-packaged mickey rice crispy bars (not good either but if you have a kid that wants one save the dough in the park and get it free here!) in the afternoons and nights. Evening offerings were meh to me but even back in 2019 when I stayed I only really liked one night (shrimp paella- definitely gone now lol). In the Guests-Behaving-Questionably area I saw someone bring a couple gallon ziplock bags in one day and straight up dump a couple trays of breakfast pastries in them, so that was a little different. I liked that they had mini water bottles, missed the full size ones but maybe with the mini ones people don't go so crazy? The wine pours were small as reported here previously. Felt like I must look like a straight up lush when I went to ask for a 3rd glass of wine but the CM didn't even bat an eye.

I was impressed with the concierge team. I had little reason to interact with them until the last 10 mins before club closure of my last night when something happened (not my fault and not the hotels fault) making it not possible for me to spend the night in my room. I told the CMs, they immediately set about addressing the situation, calling the necessary back of the house people and found a solution for me. I was so happy they dealt with it instead of me having to explain it to 3 levels of CMs after waiting my turn at the front desk. I know even the CL CMs can only do what management allows them to do & in this case management was quick to respond. I felt they literally did the best they could for me, something I haven't really encountered anywhere since covid. Their response looked even better in hindsight after I had issues at YC that were the hotels fault (I won't go into that here, wasn't a CL stay). Couple days of rough luck room wise lol.

Will I return to GDT CL? Yep! I knew going in evening apps are apps at best and veggies and drinks at the worst, that they had a nice breakfast and a nice club setting. They fulfilled that and when things went south they fixed it. I'll be returning with my parents and sister this Spring.

Had a brief but lovely stay at GDT last week. Club still looks to be in great shape, plenty of seating, good breakfast and interesting alcohol selections. They even had a hard seltzer (Truly I think?) which was handy to take down to the pool. There were pre-packaged cookies (DO NOT EAT THE COOKIES- they were definitely the most disgusting thing I have tried in some time) and pre-packaged mickey rice crispy bars (not good either but if you have a kid that wants one save the dough in the park and get it free here!) in the afternoons and nights. Evening offerings were meh to me but even back in 2019 when I stayed I only really liked one night (shrimp paella- definitely gone now lol). In the Guests-Behaving-Questionably area I saw someone bring a couple gallon ziplock bags in one day and straight up dump a couple trays of breakfast pastries in them, so that was a little different. I liked that they had mini water bottles, missed the full size ones but maybe with the mini ones people don't go so crazy? The wine pours were small as reported here previously. Felt like I must look like a straight up lush when I went to ask for a 3rd glass of wine but the CM didn't even bat an eye.

I was impressed with the concierge team. I had little reason to interact with them until the last 10 mins before club closure of my last night when something happened (not my fault and not the hotels fault) making it not possible for me to spend the night in my room. I told the CMs, they immediately set about addressing the situation, calling the necessary back of the house people and found a solution for me. I was so happy they dealt with it instead of me having to explain it to 3 levels of CMs after waiting my turn at the front desk. I know even the CL CMs can only do what management allows them to do & in this case management was quick to respond. I felt they literally did the best they could for me, something I haven't really encountered anywhere since covid. Their response looked even better in hindsight after I had issues at YC that were the hotels fault (I won't go into that here, wasn't a CL stay). Couple days of rough luck room wise lol.

Will I return to GDT CL? Yep! I knew going in evening apps are apps at best and veggies and drinks at the worst, that they had a nice breakfast and a nice club setting. They fulfilled that and when things went south they fixed it. I'll be returning with my parents and sister this Spring.
Can you please share what the evening hot appetizers were? Thank you!

Last time I stayed GDT, a man came in every morning with a tray and would take all of one thing - like pastries or bacon - when there were people in line behind him. He also did the same for dinner. He was a real treat. This wasn’t a case of I have a sick person or disabled person in the room and am taking food back. This was more like he was feeding a pack of ravenous lions - piles of food. We loved the CMs there, though, and the large, comfortable space with a view. Have another stay in a few weeks.

This fall I had rather rude large family (spread out, took up huge sections and left the place a pigsty for the CM’s to cleanup) at the Atrium Club. They rolled in a large double stroller with a bassinet attachment—mind you none of their kids were actually in the stroller at the time (they were walking or being carried) and they FILLED up the stroller/bassinet with pre-packages snacks, goodies, drinks, etc.) and wheeled them back to their room. I saw them later at chef mickeys bringing beers, which I presumed were from the lounge, into the restaurant. 😔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter