Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

That was me. I did online check in. I assume the guard radioed in when we got there and the CM came out to greet us.

Now we are driving somewhere in GA and I am so sad. :( I want to turn around and go back!
I know what you mean! Right now, I'm wanting to be back in the lounge!!
I'm thinking that I read that the Deluxe resorts offer free valet if you have a handicap placard. We plan on taking advantage of this at GF.
They did for us when my DH was with me for a meal at the GF one time.

My experience with DSS so far:

Emailed them our room requests (higher floor, early room if possible, early housekeeping because my parents nap like toddlers...) and inquired about potentially ordering one of those cute mini tier cakes I saw over on the cake thread for my mom's bday.

Requests were forwarded to WL CL, but with regards to the cake I got the gratuitous Disney Floral and Gifts link. Emailed back saying a generic Mickey cake wouldn't do and attached pictures of the mini cakes for reference. Second reply was something along the lines of *ignores cake pictures* "You can order chocolate-covered strawberries from Private Dining once you're there!" Granted, that is a good idea, but the whole point is to have something waiting there for her when we arrive...

Does anyone have any experience ordering cakes (or like, special stuff like this) through DSS? Realizing now I should probably cross-post this on the cake thread.

Btw, all their replies have been really nice and cordial. They're just clearly being told to push Disney Floral and Gifts (which is a shame, because all their offerings just seem so tacky and poorly curated, imo...)
When we were at the BC in January the Cast Member at the desk was able to order one of those mini cakes for me for our granddaughter.

I am curious to hear about the fireworks. We will be there on 20th and we plan on watching from Poly. I am also curious if they have any bubbly in Lounge. If not I can drink white wine - but a little bubbly goes a long way :rolleyes1 if you don't mind!?!

Thank you so much!
I don't remember any bubbly however they do have a sparkling punch which is quite good. :thumbsup2

Now we are driving somewhere in GA and I am so sad. :( I want to turn around and go back!

The best way to cure the post Disney blues is to start planning the next trip ;).

Don't read if you don't want spoilers.

Just watched HEA from our Poly TPV room. I was worried as heck that it would be a projection based show with firework compliments, making the TPV room viewing experience less desirable.

I was wrong. Show had a TON of pyro, seems like more than Wishes. Lots of interesting colors and different types of fireworks. The view and "show" from here were just as good as always. A couple of "slow" moments in between components where you don't quite know what's going on, but Wishes had a bit of that too.

Volume from the speakers in front of Hawaii was a touch low. Could have been a couple of notches higher for a bit better experience. I had grown OK with that for Wishes because I knew what it was about, but for this I wanted to hear a bit better. Not terrible though.

I walked to the lounge half-way through just to see how that was going. Music volume was decent, lights not dimmed (which is normal, but I wish they would). Lounge was pretty full. First time I've ever seen CMs actually stop to watch the show, which was cool. Everyone was intrigued.

There were some elements I missed (eg, Jiminy Cricket), but it had some interesting generational cross-over. Still stuff that appeals to me and my childhood, and a few things that appeal directly to someone my son's age (eg, Elena, Moana). I'm sure that's Disney's goal. It was cool to see DS's reaction when he realized there was a Moana part. He was sold.

Anyway, just wanted to post a quick report. Tomorrow we're planning on watching from the Garden Viewing dessert party in MK, so we'll get the close-up experience to contrast with this.

Let me know if you have any questions!

BTW, made it here just in time for evening apps, which were very good. They are continuing the "small plate" concept with nice, higher-quality bite sized items. Yum. Similar to my Feb experience. Still WAY better than year's past.

Hope you're having a great time :wizard:.

Couple of photos from my room. I'm on the second floor towards the lounge side of the building. First time I've had a second floor TPV room (I knew my third floor luck would run out sometime!).

Photos aren't that great, sorry. The good ones won't post without re-sizing.
View attachment 236911 View attachment 236912 View attachment 236913
View attachment 236923 View attachment 236924

:cloud9:

Well, it's our last night at the YC. :guilty:

Hope you had a great trip. Thanks for taking the time out of your trip to post about your stay, the lounge offerings, etc :).

Emailed them our room requests (higher floor, early room if possible, early housekeeping because my parents nap like toddlers...) and inquired about potentially ordering one of those cute mini tier cakes I saw over on the cake thread for my mom's bday.

Requests were forwarded to WL CL, but with regards to the cake I got the gratuitous Disney Floral and Gifts link. Emailed back saying a generic Mickey cake wouldn't do and attached pictures of the mini cakes for reference. Second reply was something along the lines of *ignores cake pictures* "You can order chocolate-covered strawberries from Private Dining once you're there!" Granted, that is a good idea, but the whole point is to have something waiting there for her when we arrive...

Does anyone have any experience ordering cakes (or like, special stuff like this) through DSS? Realizing now I should probably cross-post this on the cake thread.

Btw, all their replies have been really nice and cordial. They're just clearly being told to push Disney Floral and Gifts (which is a shame, because all their offerings just seem so tacky and poorly curated, imo...)

From what I understand, giving the Disney Floral link (or other suggestions) has become the norm. Even before IPO became DSS, guests were given that link when they inquired about gifts, cakes, etc. IPO/DSS has changed so much over the years that the personalized service of them ordering cakes, etc has unfortunately been taken away :(.

Just watched HEA from our Poly TPV room. I was worried as heck that it would be a projection based show with firework compliments, making the TPV room viewing experience less desirable.

I was wrong. Show had a TON of pyro, seems like more than Wishes. Lots of interesting colors and different types of fireworks. The view and "show" from here were just as good as always. A couple of "slow" moments in between components where you don't quite know what's going on, but Wishes had a bit of that too.

Volume from the speakers in front of Hawaii was a touch low. Could have been a couple of notches higher for a bit better experience. I had grown OK with that for Wishes because I knew what it was about, but for this I wanted to hear a bit better. Not terrible though.

I walked to the lounge half-way through just to see how that was going. Music volume was decent, lights not dimmed (which is normal, but I wish they would). Lounge was pretty full. First time I've ever seen CMs actually stop to watch the show, which was cool. Everyone was intrigued.

There were some elements I missed (eg, Jiminy Cricket), but it had some interesting generational cross-over. Still stuff that appeals to me and my childhood, and a few things that appeal directly to someone my son's age (eg, Elena, Moana). I'm sure that's Disney's goal. It was cool to see DS's reaction when he realized there was a Moana part. He was sold.

Anyway, just wanted to post a quick report. Tomorrow we're planning on watching from the Garden Viewing dessert party in MK, so we'll get the close-up experience to contrast with this.

Let me know if you have any questions!

BTW, made it here just in time for evening apps, which were very good. They are continuing the "small plate" concept with nice, higher-quality bite sized items. Yum. Similar to my Feb experience. Still WAY better than year's past.

Thanks so much for your report! We have GV booked so I was curious about the view from the lounge - We watched the live stream last night on DPB and were in awe! We were diehard Wishes followers - but we truly love the new show! I can't wait to see it from both MK and from the Poly lounge...

With regards to alcohol - I saw reports that beer was in the fridge now - is that true? Also, how are the afternoon offerings? Are they still doing the lettuce wraps?

Thanks again!

I am loving these live updates on the offerings at the YC! We leave in exactly 2 weeks for the YC so this is getting me excited! Can anyone tell me what the mid-day offerings are like at YC? Also beer/wine selections? Thank you!

I don't drink so can't help with that. But midday is home made chips & dip, crudités & dip, cookies, several snacks like gold fish, gummie bears, yogurt covered pretzels, trail mix, crackers. Stuff like that.

Last edited:
Couple of photos from my room. I'm on the second floor towards the lounge side of the building. First time I've had a second floor TPV room (I knew my third floor luck would run out sometime!).

Photos aren't that great, sorry. The good ones won't post without re-sizing.
View attachment 236911 View attachment 236912 View attachment 236913
View attachment 236923 View attachment 236924
Thanks for posting photos and reporting on Poly CL. Have a great time!!

Staying CR CL for the first time next month. Can anyone tell me what types of food they serve for breakfast that might have some protein?
Thanks!!!

I just went through this exact thing about bday cakes last month! For reference, we stayed at GF SL. I emailed a detailed request to DSS of what I wanted - 2 mini tiered cakes, each color, each flavor, etc. DSS responded with a link to Disney Floral but the CM also did call Pat at GF for me, but Pat requested to speak directly with me just to eliminate the middle man, which I do understand. So in the end, I called Pat and left a message (she didn't call back right away - maybe 2-3 days later). Everything worked perfectly - cakes were gorgeous and VERY moist and fresh. Delivered to our room exactly when I asked them to be. I posted pics in this thread maybe last week or the week before. I need to cross-post over to the cakes thread too.

As a side note, I'm not sure if they can have the cake waiting in your room before arrival. Something about the need to check-in first in case someone switches rooms, etc. This may have changed, but that was the policy a few years ago when I requested a cake to be waiting in our room.....

EDIT to add: I just posted pics and info on the cakes thread

Last edited:
Typically we have had cinnamon roll pastries, crossants, mini muffins, boiled eggs, berries and cut up fruit, oatmeal and quinoa and a variety of cold cereal. Our last stay was Nov. 2016 so it may have changed just a bit.
Eeyore81 how about early evening at AKL CL? Thanks.

Eeyore81 how about early evening at AKL CL? Thanks.

During our last stay the afternoon offerings were a little more expanded than before. In addition to yogurt covered pretzels, gold fish, jelly beans and homemade chips, they had some veggies, hummus and other spreads. Definitely not lunch but a nice quick snack. At 4 (I think you may want to double check the time) it switches to tea. Instead of those snacks it's scones with cream, Rice Krispie treats, cookies and maybe one other bite size sweet. I love the scones.. I can't wait to have another!

I was wrong. Show had a TON of pyro, seems like more than Wishes. Lots of interesting colors and different types of fireworks. The view and "show" from here were just as good as always.
So looking forward to our trip. One of our Poly nights will be MNSSHP so I'm really curious what they do/instead of Hallowishes.

what about the evening items?

There are a few of us that recently stayed at AKL CL and posted pics/review (in this thread). I was only there for one full day, but the others were there longer. I know this thread is very long and hard to find current info, so you can search for posts by me, and also @trishadono, and the other awesome DISer with great pics is @beesly!

I just wanted to post this pic of the early evening snacks because we really enjoyed these items!

IMG_4164.JPG

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter