Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

They keep only one plated at a time. When I first saw it I asked the attendant (chef?) if that was the last one. He replied they only put out one at a time. And this was at 5:30, near the start of dinner. They did this every night. If you wanted more than one, you had to ask. And the attendant would go missing sometimes for 5-10 mins and with only 1 plates, you would have to wait for their return to get food. Was like this all three nights (14h through 16th, we checked out on the 17th). Writing it all out, it sounds insane. And it is... but they claimed that is how they do it.

That sounds really annoying. Sounds like a bean counter does not want to waste one chicken nugget.

Hi, all! We are arriving at WDW this weekend (!) and I had a question for people who have stayed at GF sugarloaf recently. It has been a few years since I last stayed there so I am having a hard time remembering the set up. So my husband and I are big hockey fans and our team is in the playoffs! Last May when we were at poly club level we were able to watch the playoff games in the "upper deck" of the poly lounge and we really loved it. I cannot remember, however, does SL have a tv? I know they have a mini tv with cartoons for my kids, but is there also a "grown up" tv that could be used to watch playoff hockey? TIA!

Haven't stayed at BW since 1999,just booked SV CL and wondered if anyone has a preferred SV room and why. I'd love a peak of YC/BC or boat dock. Do any SV have view of fireworks from balcony? A day bed would be helpful but not necessity. I know it's just a request and not guaranteed, but like to let assigner know what we like in a room. Thanks for your info
Not sure about individual rooms, but we were able to see a good amount of fireworks from the CL balcony at BWI.

Hi, all! We are arriving at WDW this weekend (!) and I had a question for people who have stayed at GF sugarloaf recently. It has been a few years since I last stayed there so I am having a hard time remembering the set up. So my husband and I are big hockey fans and our team is in the playoffs! Last May when we were at poly club level we were able to watch the playoff games in the "upper deck" of the poly lounge and we really loved it. I cannot remember, however, does SL have a tv? I know they have a mini tv with cartoons for my kids, but is there also a "grown up" tv that could be used to watch playoff hockey? TIA!

I never watch TV in the lounges, but I don't remember one in SL other than the one that kids tend to watch. The lounge is so small in SL - there isn't really much room. Even if there was a TV, I would expect that you would be more comfortable watching in your room. The SL lounge is really just a place to grab a quick bite rather than a place to spend any amount of time.

Yes, @Babsy is correct, no TV in SL. Most (if not all if I'm not mistaken) of the other MK resort CLs have a non-kids TV in the lounge, except GF SL! WDW can be tough to watch sports sometimes. FWIW, the new Geyser Point bar/grill at WL has nice big TVs. Not sure if they'd turn any to hockey, but that'd be a nice spot if they will.

Have fun!

This has actually been super helpful. I'm kinda of thinking GF-TPV now. Same reason as BWI (1 night bucket list). Plus MIL passed in Februaryand it was dream resort so it would be a nice memorial to her. Plus I love the idea of watching the fireworks from the balcony.

Nice! For various reasons I found GF one of the harder CLs to 'figure out' from afar before I first tried it. Feel free to ask questions as you get more into your planning, lots of knowledgeable folks around that can help. :thumbsup2

We are still considering an upgrade to CL for our August trip. We will be in WDW from early Friday morning (9 am) arrival to late Sunday night (our flight leaves at 8 pm). If we upgraded would we have CL access this entire time even though we wouldn't have access to our room the entire time. I'm thinking the extra hours having time access to Lounge would be the extra bonus we need to book.

We are still considering an upgrade to CL for our August trip. We will be in WDW from early Friday morning (9 am) arrival to late Sunday night (our flight leaves at 8 pm). If we upgraded would we have CL access this entire time even though we wouldn't have access to our room the entire time. I'm thinking the extra hours having time access to Lounge would be the extra bonus we need to book.

Yup - you have full access to all CL and resort amenities through midnight of your check-out day. Depending on the CL (especially the lounges that don't close and have a restroom), this can be a big plus and is one reason I've started to take later and later flights when possible. Same applies to your arrival day as well, you can start using all CL and resort amenities as soon as you arrive. :thumbsup2

Yup - you have full access to all CL and resort amenities through midnight of your check-out day. Depending on the CL (especially the lounges that don't close and have a restroom), this can be a big plus and is one reason I've started to take later and later flights when possible. Same applies to your arrival day as well, you can start using all CL and resort amenities as soon as you arrive. :thumbsup2

Do you know if YC lounge closes? Or if it has a restroom? This is where we would be staying!

Well apparently our bad luck of flights has taken a new turn - we're still 3+ months from going and United sent an email with a 'schedule change' of 2+ hours going, so instead of getting to Orlando at 8:45 a.m. we're getting in at 10:45 and our ADR for BOG lunch is now likely impossible. :sad2: Not looking forward to seeing what kind of excitement comes our way on flight day. :sad:

Ugh...this is why I hate flying United! Not only have I also been through the delayed times I have actually had them cancel a flight and reroute me!

We've only stayed poly club. I can't believe the lounges close! Poly was always open. That's one of the perks for me for when you are roomless. I'm guessing BC lounge closes too? Anyone know?

We've only stayed poly club. I can't believe the lounges close! Poly was always open. That's one of the perks for me for when you are roomless. I'm guessing BC lounge closes too? Anyone know?

I know, right? As a MK CL person the closing lounge concept is totally foreign to me. I've done work at midnight in the Poly lounge before! And yes, from what I've read the BC lounge does close briefly in between services. I've read you can always ask for something (eg, beer) if it is closed, if needed. If I'm wrong, please someone correct me.

I know, right? As a MK CL person the closing lounge concept is totally foreign to me. I've done work at midnight in the Poly lounge before! And yes, from what I've read the BC lounge does close briefly in between services. I've read you can always ask for something (eg, beer) if it is closed, if needed. If I'm wrong, please someone correct me.
Unfortunately, you're not wrong! They do lock up the lounge between services at BC and BWI and it closes at 10pm for the night! At Poly, I feel like they can't really lock it up because you kinda have to walk through the lounge to get to your room. Neither of the GF CLs can be locked up either. At least at BWI the bathroom is outside the lounge in case you've already checked out, but the BC bathroom is inside the lounge doors. I like both BC and BWI, and you can ask for things between service times, but BC seems to rush you out if it's time to "close" whereas BWI seems a bit more friendly about it. It's really not that big a deal as long as you stash a few extra waters and sodas in your fridge, but I do prefer the open lounges.

I wanted poly club again but caved because my kids have beem dying to go to SAB. I've sat and read in the lounge late at night when I can't sleep. Now we can't even grab a beer or soda when we get back from MK. This is insanity to me!
Unfortunately, you're not wrong! They do lock up the lounge between services at BC and BWI and it closes at 10pm for the night! At Poly, I feel like they can't really lock it up because you kinda have to walk through the lounge to get to your room. Neither of the GF CLs can be locked up either. At least at BWI the bathroom is outside the lounge in case you've already checked out, but the BC bathroom is inside the lounge doors. I like both BC and BWI, and you can ask for things between service times, but BC seems to rush you out if it's time to "close" whereas BWI seems a bit more friendly about it. It's really not that big a deal as long as you stash a few extra waters and sodas in your fridge, but I do prefer the open lounges.

If I remember correctly, you can get to all the rooms without going through the lounge. First floor, rooms are to the right past the desks and the rest you can take the elevator. I also like all day coffee from the lounge. I can't do that of it's closed. My kids better really really like sab because we're only staying there for them. I'm also going to miss fireworks from the beach and lounge.

I wanted poly club again but caved because my kids have beem dying to go to SAB. I've sat and read in the lounge late at night when I can't sleep. Now we can't even grab a beer or soda when we get back from MK. This is insanity to me!

If I remember correctly, you can get to all the rooms without going through the lounge. First floor, rooms are to the right past the desks and the rest you can take the elevator. I also like all day coffee from the lounge. I can't do that of it's closed. My kids better really really like sab because we're only staying there for them. I'm also going to miss fireworks from the beach and lounge.
Yep...you're right about being able to access the rooms at Poly from the first floor/elevator. We just always tend to take the stairs right up to the lounge to grab something to drink/eat before we head back to the room...so technically they could lock the lounge, but all they could do is rope off the stairs which wouldn't necessarily keep people out. I think they should keep all the lounges open so people can do like you said anyway(read a book if you can't sleep)! SAB is awesome! It definitely justifies a trip to BC, although I still prefer the monorail resorts. It's fun to mix it up a bit every now and then. I hope you have a great trip! It is really nice being so close to Epcot when you're at BC! Oh, and I love the cheese grits at BC in the mornings!

BWI CL does not close the lounge between services. I was just there last month. Very sorry to hear YC CL does since I will be there in July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter