Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We are staying at WL CL in August for our 10th anniversary. We stayed during the construction March 2016, and fell in love, even through the construction move! Now that the lounge is back to its original location, what suggestions do you have for room location, MK fireworks viewing and just general tips for us!

We are staying at WL CL in August for our 10th anniversary. We stayed during the construction March 2016, and fell in love, even through the construction move! Now that the lounge is back to its original location, what suggestions do you have for room location, MK fireworks viewing and just general tips for us!

Sounds like a great place to celebrate 10 years! Congrats!

Just FYI, the new lounge isn't back in it's original location, it's on the opposite side of the floor from where the old one was. This pic should help - the new lounge is in blue.

I know @KrazeeK120 was just there and had a great view of the MK from their room, hopefully they can chime in.

Have a great time!

WL 7th Floor.jpeg

Last edited:
Do any of you do online check in? We have been to the world many times, but have never stayed Club Level. We have a split stay between Poly and YC. I was thinking of not using online check in at the Poly. We will be driving in from Tampa first thing in the morning and dropping off our rental at Car Care services. I am hoping to get there between 9am and 10am so we can grab a quick breakfast from the lounge before heading over to MK. Since we have never stayed CL, I would like to get the full check in experience and will probably not bother with online check in unless my fellow DISers suggest otherwise.

After three nights, we will transfer to the YC. Our plan is to take our luggage to bell services then head over to Epcot to meet with my BIL for the day. Since we will be at the park all day, I think I will use the online check in for the YC portion of our trip.

Thoughts? Advantages or Disadvantages to either?

Thanks!!

Your question has pretty much been answered but I'll throw in my advice (which is pretty much the same as the PPs). I converted to online check-in last summer and have been doing it since. But I don't think it's necessarily a must do one way or the other, no material advantage or disadvantage from my perspective.

I book room only reservations so have to pay the full balance at check-in. With online check-in, payment is handled behind the scenes so I don't have to "settle up" right there when I check in. I've said this before but I frankly enjoy not being reminded what my balance is right there at the start of vacation! But that's a pretty minor benefit.

Even if I do online check-in, I still "check-in" when there to get any CL info, handouts, updated info, etc.

Hope you have a great trip!

Thank you!!! All votes are welcome! Yes, GF RPC is hard to beat!!!!!

well, except maybe for the POLY CL TPV or maybe CR CL tower? I love them all.......tough decisions! the good news is that I have until the 20th before the 2018 prices are out to decide.

I lost track, is this for a January trip? I think CR Tower would get my vote for a colder weather trip. I could think of no better place on a cold Jan night to watch HEA than from the Tower Club lounge balcony. :-)

Also since the CR pools aren't necessarily my favorite when compared to Poly and GF, I like the idea of staying there when swimming might not be a main focus if it's chilly.

You know all these places better than most so I'm curious which way you're leaning!

Hey there! I stayed at WL CL last month!

Even numbered rooms have a view of a MK. I was in room 7054 - smack in the middle of the hall with a wonderful view of the castle and fireworks.

I had e-mailed DSS beforehand and requested a room which faced MK and it was my only request.

I'm happy to answer any specific questions you have to the best of my ability! We had a great time there and I hope you love it as much as we did!

That's exactly where we stayed for our 10th anniversary and it was soooooo wonderful. I believe we were in room 7042 and we had an amazing view of the castle and fireworks. Enjoy!! :cloud9:

So....

10 = WL
15 = Poly

What are you going to do for 20? :-)

Hahaha, well......hopefully Hawaii!! :)

We had been planning on Hawaii for our 15th anniversary for YEARS, but then we had our little surprise DS, and suddenly Hawaii (and the thought of so many hours on a plane with a 2 yr old) didn't sound as appealing. LOL.

So, next best thing - Poly CL!!!

We are hoping to definitely get to Hawaii for the 20th. :)

I LOVE the way you think!!! Great idea!

Gotta love Disney logic :goodvibes.

the good news is that I have until the 20th before the 2018 prices are out to decide.

One more day......the 20th is tomorrow :eek:. Have you decided??

WL CL is one of our favorites! Hope you have a great anniversary trip :wizard:.

Also since the CR pools aren't necessarily my favorite when compared to Poly and GF, I like the idea of staying there when swimming might not be a main focus if it's chilly.

This is my thought as well :).

I lost track, is this for a January trip? I think CR Tower would get my vote for a colder weather trip. I could think of no better place on a cold Jan night to watch HEA than from the Tower Club lounge balcony. :-)

You know all these places better than most so I'm curious which way you're leaning!

Thank you.

Yes, this is all about our Jan 2018 trip. LOL! I haven't finished planning November and I am starting on Jan already. However, in my defense, it is fairly close to 180 days out for ADR's so I need to nail down dates, flights and resorts to some degree.

You make a good point about the pools. A Jan trip is a good time to stay at the CR. Plus, the idea of watching HEA from a CR balcony is definitely appealing. The fact that CR is good for a colder weather trip is part of the reasoning.

Another part of the reasoning is that we simply enjoy the experience of staying at CR and haven't stayed there in our most recent trips to WDW. The convenience of having everything under the one roof and being able to walk to the MK are really nice features - especially with the express transportation offered these days.
The only transportation that we don't enjoy from the CR is the monorail with transfer to Epcot - but we split our stay with an Epcot resort (BWI) so we do most of Epcot and DHS when staying over there.

GF RPC has been a while as well, but our last trip was in GF SL - so while we had the GF experience, we didn't have the extra benefit of the RPC lounge. The Poly is under consideration because the last time we stayed there the Oasis pool wasn't finished and I really want to stay here with the place complete. Plus the Poly is just special somehow.

Some trips are harder to decide than others - this trip feels like I am really torn for the MK resort. AT the end of the day (tomorrow), I expect the verdict will be in, though, and I highly expect that it will be the CR!!

:)

Gotta love Disney logic :goodvibes.

One more day......the 20th is tomorrow :eek:. Have you decided??

This is my thought as well :).

I am definitely guilty of Disney Logic, myself! LOL!

Decided? Well-ll-l...
Getting pretty close to decided - it is almost certain to be the CR tower club. I am definitely, almost sure!

I think.

Although, I could be persuaded to change my mind......maybe.

Uh oh! Tomorrow, you say?

Oh, d-d-dear!

In the words of that great philosopher Winnie the Pooh "Think, think, think!".

I need clarification from those of you who have stayed at WL lately. I contacted DSS and asked them to add "MK View" as our room request and here's the response I got:

"....Please be advised that for your room type, available views include woods, main courtyard, villas courtyard, or standard view, so please let us know if any of these are more preferable......"

Our reservation is for a "Standard Room - Club Level". Is DSS correct? I'm a bit confused! :confused3

Thanks! :goodvibes

I am definitely guilty of Disney Logic, myself! LOL!

Decided? Well-ll-l...
Getting pretty close to decided - it is almost certain to be the CR tower club. I am definitely, almost sure!

I think.

Although, I could be persuaded to change my mind......maybe.

Uh oh! Tomorrow, you say?

Oh, d-d-dear!

In the words of that great philosopher Winnie the Pooh "Think, think, think!".

Using Disney logic makes it easier to take more trips :goodvibes.

I think CR tower club is a good choice. It is sometimes hard to choose as there are so many great resort choices. Good luck booking tomorrow :).

I need clarification from those of you who have stayed at WL lately. I contacted DSS and asked them to add "MK View" as our room request and here's the response I got:

"....Please be advised that for your room type, available views include woods, main courtyard, villas courtyard, or standard view, so please let us know if any of these are more preferable......"

Our reservation is for a "Standard Room - Club Level". Is DSS correct? I'm a bit confused! :confused3

When I made my request, I asked for a "room that faces toward Magic Kingdom." That seemed to work as my request was fulfilled lol.

I am going to GUESS that the CM does not know that the some of the "Standard Room-Club Level" rooms do in fact (at least at the moment) have a MK view and is just defaulting to some standard room description language, as "MK Views" is not actually stated anywhere as a possible room view. Although it's interesting that the verbiage the CM used varies slightly from what's on the view description on the website.

However, many folks tend to think that WL will at some point introduce a bookable MK view category, so MAYBE we're about to be in some transition period there. Frankly it wouldn't surprise me if that were introduced sometime soon, especially with the villas opening, 2018 info coming out this week, etc. BUT I am totally speculating on that front.

I'm a little stumped at what I'd do in your shoes, but I 'think' what I'd do is request a range of room numbers on that side of the floor that face the MK and not actually mention the view. Unless your trip is really soon, I'd maybe wait awhile and give DSS another try later. Sort of a head scratcher though.

I am going to GUESS that the CM does not know that the some of the "Standard Room-Club Level" rooms do in fact (at least at the moment) have a MK view and is just defaulting to some standard room description language, as "MK Views" is not actually stated anywhere as a possible room view. Although it's interesting that the verbiage the CM used varies slightly from what's on the view description on the website.

However, many folks tend to think that WL will at some point introduce a bookable MK view category, so MAYBE we're about to be in some transition period there. Frankly it wouldn't surprise me if that were introduced sometime soon, especially with the villas opening, 2018 info coming out this week, etc. BUT I am totally speculating on that front.

I'm a little stumped at what I'd do in your shoes, but I 'think' what I'd do is request a range of room numbers on that side of the floor that face the MK and not actually mention the view. Unless your trip is really soon, I'd maybe wait awhile and give DSS another try later. Sort of a head scratcher though.

I'm not having much luck with DSS so far! They fell short on our AKL-CL and BWI-CL reservations and now our WL-CL reservation!

After the response I initially received (posted above), I emailed back and said "I'm a bit confused by your response....." I heard back from them: "We are happy to notate your request, but please be advised this is not considered a view type for these rooms." I get it, I really do! I think that's where the IPO's used to really shine. They knew their resort! :thumbsup2

I'll be sure to post and let y'all know what view I end up getting! ;)

I'm not having much luck with DSS so far! They fell short on our AKL-CL and BWI-CL reservations and now our WL-CL reservation!

After the response I initially received (posted above), I emailed back and said "I'm a bit confused by your response....." I heard back from them: "We are happy to notate your request, but please be advised this is not considered a view type for these rooms." I get it, I really do! I think that's where the IPO's used to really shine. They knew their resort! :thumbsup2

I'll be sure to post and let y'all know what view I end up getting! ;)

Well, good luck with everything. Is your trip close? I do wonder if something is up with the view categories and if changes are coming. Guess we'll see soon enough.

I once got into a "disagreement" with IPO over e-mail about my Poly TPV room request several years ago. I kept getting a response that I KNEW was not accurate but I ended up just having to give up and move on. :rotfl:

Whatever happens, you'll still be at the WL in the nice new lounge so I hope you have a great time.

Thank you.

Yes, this is all about our Jan 2018 trip. LOL! I haven't finished planning November and I am starting on Jan already. However, in my defense, it is fairly close to 180 days out for ADR's so I need to nail down dates, flights and resorts to some degree.

You make a good point about the pools. A Jan trip is a good time to stay at the CR. Plus, the idea of watching HEA from a CR balcony is definitely appealing. The fact that CR is good for a colder weather trip is part of the reasoning.

Another part of the reasoning is that we simply enjoy the experience of staying at CR and haven't stayed there in our most recent trips to WDW. The convenience of having everything under the one roof and being able to walk to the MK are really nice features - especially with the express transportation offered these days.
The only transportation that we don't enjoy from the CR is the monorail with transfer to Epcot - but we split our stay with an Epcot resort (BWI) so we do most of Epcot and DHS when staying over there.

GF RPC has been a while as well, but our last trip was in GF SL - so while we had the GF experience, we didn't have the extra benefit of the RPC lounge. The Poly is under consideration because the last time we stayed there the Oasis pool wasn't finished and I really want to stay here with the place complete. Plus the Poly is just special somehow.

Some trips are harder to decide than others - this trip feels like I am really torn for the MK resort. AT the end of the day (tomorrow), I expect the verdict will be in, though, and I highly expect that it will be the CR!!

:)

Did you see my Tower Club pics from back in April? I am totally itching to go back sometime this fall for a short MNSSHP trip. I have a soft spot in my travel heart for CR and discovering Tower Club has not really helped that AT ALL!

Well, good luck with everything. Is your trip close? I do wonder if something is up with the view categories and if changes are coming. Guess we'll see soon enough.

I once got into a "disagreement" with IPO over e-mail about my Poly TPV room request several years ago. I kept getting a response that I KNEW was not accurate but I ended up just having to give up and move on. :rotfl:

Whatever happens, you'll still be at the WL in the nice new lounge so I hope you have a great time.

Trip is next month - July 17-22! I'll be sure to report back! I know we will have a great time, the room view is not that important! It just struck me as odd the response I got from DSS!

For many years we stayed AKL-CL 2 or 3 times a year. Their IPO was always awesome! After all these years, I finally met Don when we stayed there several weeks ago! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter