Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Got to WL CL today. I've only stayed AKL CL before and loved it, but they were nowhere near close to the service here.
Greeted on arrival with sign, led up, explained things, led to room, welcome chocolates, turn down chocolates, yummy food, very friendly CMs.
Off to a good start.
Only had the 5-7 food today. The Shepherd pie was really good. Also was some kind of soup, Chinook salmon lemon cup thing, shrimp in cocktail sauce cup, kids ziti, cheese ,& crackers type things, some pb&j thing,
No offense to AKL CL because I loved it, but I really had no idea what club level service could be from it- this is awesome service here.

I’veheard Wonderful things about WL CL unfortunately it was not available for our stay with the Promo

I have stayed at all three, CL, and by FAR the BWI was my least favorite. BC was my favorite. YC did absolutely nothing for me. We are returning to BC CL in one week and can't wait to be back there. It's so funny how people have such different experiences. I will say, I am a major introvert and get accused of being a "not nice woman" a lot because I can come off very curt and direct. The BC crew were my favorite because they weren't all in my face syrupy sweet and conversational. I appreciated that they were there to do a job and I never had any negative interactions. At BWI, though, the CMs would just hover and ask questions and constantly try to engage when I just wanted some peace and quiet. It was annoying, and I found the food offerings to be overly pretentious and too similar of a theme (everything was Mediterranean themed...).
LOL.... this may be the first time that someone considers it a negative that they are too attentive. Usually folks complain when they aren't attentive enough. But yeah, they are very friendly and what most people do like about BWI the most. DD is also an introvert so I can understand how that type of interaction isn't right for everyone. And conversely, I disliked our stay at BC for the same reasons you liked yours. I don't like the stand off-ness of the CM there. They are rather stuffy, at least for me, stuffy=stand off.

LOL.... this may be the first time that someone considers it a negative that they are too attentive. Usually folks complain when they aren't attentive enough. But yeah, they are very friendly and what most people do like about BWI the most. DD is also an introvert so I can understand how that type of interaction isn't right for everyone. And conversely, I disliked our stay at BC for the same reasons you liked yours. I don't like the stand off-ness of the CM there. They are rather stuffy, at least for me, stuffy=stand off.

Standoffish is my M.O. I gravitate to people like me, I guess. Actually, my whole family is like that. My husband and 2 sons also. My kids are autistic...small talk and socialization is not their forte...who knows, perhaps my husband and I are on the spectrum ourselves. I detest talking for the sake of talking and will be friendly and cordial when interacting with people in general, but I find "small talk" conversations forced and awkward and try to avoid them as much as possible. Looking forward to being ignored at the BC CL next week. :)

Nope, not the first time. I agree with the PP. We’ve only stayed at BC CL once, but stay at YC CL almost every stay. I know some of the CMs work at both resorts. What you find stuffy/ stand-offish, I find professional.

I stayed BWI CL once. I saw many of the CMs who are regularly praised here. I found them loud, unprofessional & more interested in goofing around with each other & one or 2 guests than they were in keeping the place going. Did I mention loud? The offering area was not kept as clean as we have seen at other resorts nor were the foods replenished in a timely manner.

We have stayed CL at YC, BC, CR Tower Club, BWI & GF RPC. We get a smile & greeting coming & going at every resort. When we need something, the CMs have always been friendly & efficient. I don’t need to hear the CMs laughing & calling out loudly they like are outside on a playground. Or stand around waiting for them while they joke around with each other.

I am not a stuffy person. Far from it, very outgoing. After 40 years as an RN, I am comfortable interacting with all kinds of people. But I am not looking to make friends with the CMs. I am a guest (customer) paying for a service. At this level & price point, there is some level of professionalism expected. Just my opinion.

Far from it, very outgoing. After 40 years as an RN, I am comfortable interacting with all kinds of people. But I am not looking to make friends with the CMs. I am a guest (customer) paying for a service. At this level & price point, there is some level of professionalism expected. Just my opinion.

Personally, I lean toward the more reserved, professional approach. I do understand that there needs to be balance however -my wife is far more gregarious a person and just loves exchanges with CM's. Regardless, personal conversations and carrying on between CM's is another story entirely, and unacceptable by even the most basic standards of customer service. Maybe what they really need over there at BWI CL is a old school charge nurse to get them in line. :teeth:

But yeah, they are very friendly and what most people do like about BWI the most.

I found them very professional and friendly, but not annoyingly friendly.

I stayed BWI CL once. I saw many of the CMs who are regularly praised here. I found them loud, unprofessional & more interested in goofing around with each other & one or 2 guests than they were in keeping the place going. Did I mention loud? The offering area was not kept as clean as we have seen at other resorts nor were the foods replenished in a timely manner.

I'm sorry you had such a sub-par experience. It's strange how people's experiences can be so very different as this is the total opposite of my experience a few weeks ago. The CMs were very friendly/accommodating, but also very professional. The food areas were also kept very clean and the food was constantly watched/replenished (there were actually times that trays were refreshed/replenished before the food items were gone). BWI CL was only my 4th CL stay so I don't have a lot to compare to, but it is at the top of my favorites (probably tied with GF RPC).

I'm sorry you had such a sub-par experience. It's strange how people's experiences can be so very different as this is the total opposite of my experience a few weeks ago. The CMs were very friendly/accommodating, but also very professional. The food areas were also kept very clean and the food was constantly watched/replenished (there were actually times that trays were refreshed/replenished before the food items were gone). BWI CL was only my 4th CL stay so I don't have a lot to compare to, but it is at the top of my favorites (probably tied with GF RPC).

My stay was a few years ago. I know things change, so hopefully if I stay there again, I will like it better. Unfortunately, first impressions can be hard to overcome, so I’m not in any rush. I can say this, if I do go back, it will be in the winter so I don’t have to deal with that clown pool!

I agree with you completely. The BWI CMs were always professional but most of all they were very helpful with anything we needed. Once our DD was nauseous and one of the CMs heard me ask my DH to go buy some ginger ale because we didn't see any in the lounge and the next thing we get a knock at the door with a few cans of ginger ale - that is service and that is why we love the CMs of the BWI CL. I know not all CMs are that way but we feel the most of the CMs at the BWI are that way.

I have stayed at all three, CL, and by FAR the BWI was my least favorite. BC was my favorite. YC did absolutely nothing for me. We are returning to BC CL in one week and can't wait to be back there. It's so funny how people have such different experiences. I will say, I am a major introvert and get accused of being a "not nice woman" a lot because I can come off very curt and direct. The BC crew were my favorite because they weren't all in my face syrupy sweet and conversational. I appreciated that they were there to do a job and I never had any negative interactions. At BWI, though, the CMs would just hover and ask questions and constantly try to engage when I just wanted some peace and quiet. It was annoying, and I found the food offerings to be overly pretentious and too similar of a theme (everything was Mediterranean themed...).

Enjoy BC next week. Dont forget the mini Dryers ice creams in the corner freezer by the toast! Chocolate, vanilla and mint chocolate chip! We had the room right next to the side lounge door and it was great view wise as well!

How often does availability for club level rooms change? We had to change original December Poly plans and now want to find something for late October.

Ideal for us would be Wilderness Lodge standard club room or Beach/Yacht standard club room (as of now there is no club availability at WL and only water view rooms at Beach/Yacht).

Is my best bet to check online every few days? Or should I book whatever is available now?

Thanks in advance Club Level experts :-)

How often does availability for club level rooms change? We had to change original December Poly plans and now want to find something for late October.

Ideal for us would be Wilderness Lodge standard club room or Beach/Yacht standard club room (as of now there is no club availability at WL and only water view rooms at Beach/Yacht).

Is my best bet to check online every few days? Or should I book whatever is available now?

I'm by no means a club level expert, but I would book what you can now and check daily to see if you can modify it. Rooms may open up, but you don't want to be stuck with nothing at the resort you want to stay at, right? October is a very popular month at Disney.

CL rooms have been very scarce for late October I check daily to see if anything opens up at WL and Poly
Good luck hope you find what
You want.

I certainly will. I also just switched around our hotels (doing 3 split stays) and added WL CL 8/1 - 8-4 and then Poly(non CL) 8/4-8-7. Was origionally doing BWI CL, Poly(non CL), and BC(non CL).

It sounds great - we really enjoyed the WL CL.

When guests book packages they can cancel for free up to 30 days in advance. If guests book a room only they can cancel for free up to 5 days in advance.

So I would book a room and then check often - but especially closer to 30 days in advance when others can cancel up to. I hope you get it. Enjoy!

We're booked in a CL Garden View room at Yacht Club - do upgrades to water view rooms ever happen? If there's availability, can we pay for the upgrade at checkin? Have 2 GV rooms booked and would love for my parents to end up with a water view (their first time at Disney in over a decade)

...It's strange how people's experiences can be so very different as this is the total opposite of my experience a few weeks ago...
It’s funny to me how the same experience can be interpreted 2 different ways, I think that’s a lot of what we see (admittedly the CM’s just talking to each other is never acceptable if they aren’t keep an eagle out for guests who need help). OFF TOPIC: I’m reminded of a night where my Bestie and I went to Trader Sam’s at Poly. OMG I HATED IT. The CMs were so cold, nothing like CA. Everyone was just cold, including the guests. I literally saw a couple come in who looked angry, they sat down and our waitress (who also seemed angry) went over and they said “oh hey. I remember you from last night. We had so much fun we had to come back.” And the waitress was like “yes, I remember you 2, so much fun.” Except from my POV it was a bunch of angry people saying nice things. I was so confused (and I was on drink #1)! Thankfully my Bestie spoke East Coast having moved to Philly and interpreted for me that everyone over there was indeed having a great time. She explained I’m just Californian and it doesn’t translate because fun to me = “OMG! Hey!” + big fat smiles. Exact same thing witnessed- 2 TOTALLY different impressions :)

Last edited:

Constantly.
The only hiccup is there are limited CL rooms at WL.
However, you are looking at something that is very far down the road. Availability will change. Without a doubt.
It's going to be a matter of your catching it.

For those who have been to the YC recently, is the lounge open 24 hours now? I've read conflicting reports about it being sometimes closed between 4-5pm or not.

Also, is it hard to get a beer of wine outside of the operating hours? I understand this is a tricky question because it may vary so much; we've been at the AKL last year and getting drinks was absolutely not an issue, though some members of this board did not have the same experience only a few days before or after our stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter