Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We tend to be "resort people," not park commandos, so I put a lot of emphasis on the room, accommodations, view, balcony space, etc - CL gives us more control over many of those aspects.

We enjoy the lounge space as an extra "room" to be during various times of the day...like when someone is still sleeping, getting ready, taking a nap, etc. Some of the lounges are quite fantastic places to just "hang out" and relax for a few minutes.

This is us as well ;).

I like the lounge for convenience. It's great for coffee and other drinks during the day/evening. Not having to go down for breakfast is great too. We always do CM and Ohanas, the other breakfasts are all in the lounge. We are sometimes there for apps and sometimes not. I think location is also important in the MK area hotels, specifically the poly. There are So many longhouses there and it's nice to know which building and that it is centrally located. I just got back today from BC CL and I feel location is less important here. We don't spend all day at the parks so it's nice having the lounge. If we were park commando I don't think club level would be as worthwhile. It's really how you will use it which will determine if it's worthwhile.

:thumbsup2

We thought it enough to make a meal ( breakfast and dinner) most days. We either had a big lunch or maybe shared some apps later on for dinner. We drank lots of beer & wine so made it more worth it. I think if you aren't going to be at the hotel much, you don't get the value. If you're doing a more resort-focused, limited park trip, it is really nice
The "advantages" are relatively subjective and in many cases depend on the resort itself for some folks. For instance, booking CL guarantees certain room locations/views.... a top floor, a specific building, etc, depending on the resort. That level of control over where I'll be has a certain amount of appeal to me, particularly at the MK resorts that I tend to enjoy (Poly CL-Hawaii building; CR Atrium Club-12th floor; GF RPC-main building, etc, etc).

We tend to be "resort people," not park commandos, so I put a lot of emphasis on the room, accommodations, view, balcony space, etc - CL gives us more control over many of those aspects.

I'm not a heavy user of the pre-arrival planning service (DSS), but I do like having them available to quickly submit my room requests, do more obscure reservations like booking a cabana (which otherwise requires calling), etc. The ability to do all of that quickly over e-mail is a nice benefit for me.

I'm a big fan of the concierge texting service while on site. I use it quite a bit actually. We're prone to changing our plans on the fly based on the flow of the day, so sometimes need to tweak or cancel an ADR. A quick text and it's usually taken care of (otherwise I would have to call if less than 24 hours... who wants to be on the phone in a theme park with family).

We enjoy the lounge space as an extra "room" to be during various times of the day...like when someone is still sleeping, getting ready, taking a nap, etc. Some of the lounges are quite fantastic places to just "hang out" and relax for a few minutes.

I often use the word "convenience" a lot when describing why CL works for us. It adds a certain level of convenience overall that has value to us. I don't have to "think" about breakfast and feeding the kiddos - it's just there. I don't have to "think" about where to get a cup of coffee, or a glass of wine at night - it's just there.

We enjoy the interactions with certain CL CMs and have gotten to know several of them. Seeing familiar faces can sometimes make a repeat visit more fun/enjoyable.

There are other small, inconsequential touches that aren't all that important, but are kind of nice to have. DS lost a tooth last summer at Poly CL. He showed his new gap to a CL CM (he was proud of it). She went away for a few minutes and came back with a little wooden tooth-shaped box to put the tooth in for the tooth fairy. It was very cute and a nice touch of guest service.

In my opinion, the breakfast offerings are definitely enough to be a meal. We will still do some breakfast ADRs occasionally just to break things up, but often we stick to the lounge for breakfast.

Evening apps are really only meant to be a snack and not a meal replacement. However, our typical style is to eat a larger lunch and we will have probably snacked a bit in our travels during the day. Often by evening, we're just not all that hungry and the lounge offerings are plenty. Again, I wouldn't necessarily plan on it being a meal substitute, that's just how it sometimes works for us. We don't make it a point to be at the lounge for apps... only if it happens to fit in the flow of the day.

Ok, that was long...sorry. Sort of a complicated question which can be answered from lots of angles. Just one person's/family's perspective, but hope that helps!

(Edited to correct a few spelling typos)
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are currently booked at CR, while I do want our up coming trip to be kind of relaxing, we are a pretty park intensive family.

The "advantages" are relatively subjective and in many cases depend on the resort itself for some folks. For instance, booking CL guarantees certain room locations/views.... a top floor, a specific building, etc, depending on the resort. That level of control over where I'll be has a certain amount of appeal to me, particularly at the MK resorts that I tend to enjoy (Poly CL-Hawaii building; CR Atrium Club-12th floor; GF RPC-main building, etc, etc).

I'm not a heavy user of the pre-arrival planning service (DSS), but I do like having them available to quickly submit my room requests, do more obscure reservations like booking a cabana (which otherwise requires calling), etc. The ability to do all of that quickly over e-mail is a nice benefit for me.

I'm a big fan of the concierge texting service while on site. I use it quite a bit actually. We're prone to changing our plans on the fly based on the flow of the day, so sometimes need to tweak or cancel an ADR. A quick text and it's usually taken care of (otherwise I would have to call if less than 24 hours... who wants to be on the phone in a theme park with family).

I often use the word "convenience" a lot when describing why CL works for us. It adds a certain level of convenience overall that has value to us. I don't have to "think" about breakfast and feeding the kiddos - it's just there. I don't have to "think" about where to get a cup of coffee, or a glass of wine at night - it's just there.

We enjoy the interactions with certain CL CMs and have gotten to know several of them. Seeing familiar faces can sometimes make a repeat visit more fun/enjoyable.

There are other small, inconsequential touches that aren't all that important, but are kind of nice to have. DS lost a tooth last summer at Poly CL. He showed his new gap to a CL CM (he was proud of it). She went away for a few minutes and came back with a little wooden tooth-shaped box to put the tooth in for the tooth fairy. It was very cute and a nice touch of guest service.

In my opinion, the breakfast offerings are definitely enough to be a meal. We will still do some breakfast ADRs occasionally just to break things up, but often we stick to the lounge for breakfast.

Evening apps are really only meant to be a snack and not a meal replacement. However, our typical style is to eat a larger lunch and we will have probably snacked a bit in our travels during the day. Often by evening, we're just not all that hungry and the lounge offerings are plenty. Again, I wouldn't necessarily plan on it being a meal substitute, that's just how it sometimes works for us. We don't make it a point to be at the lounge for apps... only if it happens to fit in the flow of the day.

Ok, that was long...sorry. Sort of a complicated question which can be answered from lots of angles. Just one person's/family's perspective, but hope that helps!

(Edited to correct a few spelling typos)

@GADisneyDad14 , thank you for your detailed posts! I just passed this one on to my husband to make the case for CL, lol!

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are currently booked at CR, while I do want our up coming trip to be kind of relaxing, we are a pretty park intensive family.

:thumbsup2 CL definitely isn't for everyone, but that's what makes WDW so great. Lots of options to fit different styles.

My next trip is actually CR CL. I give it high marks for location (12th floor), CMs (with some exceptions have had wonderful CM interactions/service there), and lounge view/location (great TPV, balconies to watch fireworks, etc). Since the lounge has a TPV, you can book a Bay Lake View (a bit cheaper) and get the best of both worlds. The Bay Lake Side is wonderful, IMHO. They pipe in fireworks music to the balconies off the lounge.

I give CR CL a "moderate" rating on food quality/variety - it's sort of middle of the road in terms of the CLs I've tried. They have had a bit smaller variety of offerings, generally speaking. Still gets the job done though.

I haven't been to Atrium Club in about a year so very interested to check out the latest. Happy to answer any questions if your mind starts drifting towards CL again. :-)

There are only 10 rooms out side the Innkeepers club. So, chances of getting one are slim. We had one last December and really liked it. The view was great and closer to the elevator. It was not a long walk to the lounge at all. I would take any room I could get just to stay there. I am Lucy I was able to get a room for this December. I was unable to get one for Our September trip or for next April, though I will keep trying. It is just reall hard with the cast discount to get one there. I have even tried with the military discount, since thanks to my husband we qualify for it, but no luck. Maybe if they release them for 2018 we can get one.

There are only 10 rooms out side the Innkeepers club. So, chances of getting one are slim. We had one last December and really liked it. The view was great and closer to the elevator. It was not a long walk to the lounge at all. I would take any room I could get just to stay there. I am Lucy I was able to get a room for this December. I was unable to get one for Our September trip or for next April, though I will keep trying. It is just reall hard with the cast discount to get one there. I have even tried with the military discount, since thanks to my husband we qualify for it, but no luck. Maybe if they release them for 2018 we can get one.
Yeah, they are all good, that's for sure. We've stayed there in the past and our room was outside the lounge. But I can't remember what the room number was.
I was shocked when we got a call a couple days ago offering us an upgrade on our stay starting today to CL, which we of course accepted.
We won't actually arrive until very early tomorrow morning. I booked a room for tonight so I could confirm we had a room when we arrived.
I've already got our room number and I'm mostly just curious where it is in regards to the lounge more than anything. Not that it matters, we are happy with it no matter where it is. I'm just anxious to get there. It's killing me to have the room. I told them we wouldn't be there till wee hours of the morning, figuring they'd give us a room last so I was surprised to get it by noon

Agree with Kerry. This year we had a regular instead of a deluxe room and had # 4261 right outside the door but it is on the corner and has a nice big balcony. Being outside the door is not a big deal just like if you have a deluxe room on the third floor. It is a quick trip up the back stairs and you also have a bigger balcony.

Yeah, they are all good, that's for sure. We've stayed there in the past and our room was outside the lounge. But I can't remember what the room number was.
I was shocked when we got a call a couple days ago offering us an upgrade on our stay starting today to CL, which we of course accepted.
We won't actually arrive until very early tomorrow morning. I booked a room for tonight so I could confirm we had a room when we arrived.
I've already got our room number and I'm mostly just curious where it is in regards to the lounge more than anything. Not that it matters, we are happy with it no matter where it is. I'm just anxious to get there. It's killing me to have the room. I told them we wouldn't be there till wee hours of the morning, figuring they'd give us a room last so I was surprised to get it by noon
Tell me your room number and I can kind of figure out where you are. Also please say hi to Lorenzo tomorrow for me. Anita should be there in the morning too.

We just stayed in a deluxe room and it was 4227 - very close to the lounge.

BWI vs Poly CL
Mini food review between the BWI and the Poly. We just finished a 2 week stay with 8 days at the BWI CL and 5 days at the Poly CL. I have to say we were so disappointed with the Poly chef – Gene. Our 2nd night there we had appetizers at about 5pm. While they were cleaning up my husband went over to Gene (the chef) and thanked him for the food and used those exact words. Gene looked up and said – “It was supposed to be an appetizer – not a meal”. My husband was shocked and didn’t know how to answer that. Then on our last day at 9:40am we went to get some breakfast and they had no more protein out yet breakfast was ending at 10:30am – we were told at check in that there would be a protein out every day for breakfast. We asked Ivette, one of the CL CMs to get more chicken and she came back and said the chef (Gene) said there is no more protein. Our friend’s daughter has a dairy allergy and is allergic to oatmeal. I explained it to her and if there was anything else she could eat besides a bagel and she said the chef said no – they have nothing else. Don’t you know for appetizers – 2 hours later they had chicken out for the lettuce wraps. So so disappointed to have a chef judge how much we eat. Let us compare Gene to Redgie the chef at the BWI CL – who if he knew you loved something he would ask you if you wanted more. Redgie always had a smile and was such a nice. My husband and Redgie were friends by the time we left. My husband is a nice guy who makes sure he thanks everyone for their service – so Gene’s answer was horrible. He is the chef and shouldn’t judge how much people eat. We just got back today – so I will write a letter to the Polynesian – I made a complaint there but will also write a letter. We absolutely loved everything about the BWI CL – truly the best resort in terms of food and CMs. I just love the Poly for the theme and location plus many of the CMs were lovely but the BWI just made us feel like home.

BWI vs Poly CL
Mini food review between the BWI and the Poly. We just finished a 2 week stay with 8 days at the BWI CL and 5 days at the Poly CL. I have to say we were so disappointed with the Poly chef – Gene. Our 2nd night there we had appetizers at about 5pm. While they were cleaning up my husband went over to Gene (the chef) and thanked him for the food and used those exact words. Gene looked up and said – “It was supposed to be an appetizer – not a meal”. My husband was shocked and didn’t know how to answer that. Then on our last day at 9:40am we went to get some breakfast and they had no more protein out yet breakfast was ending at 10:30am – we were told at check in that there would be a protein out every day for breakfast. We asked Ivette, one of the CL CMs to get more chicken and she came back and said the chef (Gene) said there is no more protein. Our friend’s daughter has a dairy allergy and is allergic to oatmeal. I explained it to her and if there was anything else she could eat besides a bagel and she said the chef said no – they have nothing else. Don’t you know for appetizers – 2 hours later they had chicken out for the lettuce wraps. So so disappointed to have a chef judge how much we eat. Let us compare Gene to Redgie the chef at the BWI CL – who if he knew you loved something he would ask you if you wanted more. Redgie always had a smile and was such a nice. My husband and Redgie were friends by the time we left. My husband is a nice guy who makes sure he thanks everyone for their service – so Gene’s answer was horrible. He is the chef and shouldn’t judge how much people eat. We just got back today – so I will write a letter to the Polynesian – I made a complaint there but will also write a letter. We absolutely loved everything about the BWI CL – truly the best resort in terms of food and CMs. I just love the Poly for the theme and location plus many of the CMs were lovely but the BWI just made us feel like home.
Very disappointing response from the chef. When we were there in July, people were using the breakfast items to make sandwiches that they packed up for lunch. I'm sure that was sending Chef Gene over the edge! We did not really have what I'd say was a bad experience, but some of the CMs were not particularly nice on both of our last 2 stays. They complained within my earshot about the guests (e.g., about guests leaving things on tables or asking for paper cup to take something to the pool, etc) and were noticeably put out if you asked for anything. There were some really good moments, but the overall vibe I got from some of the CMs was that the lounge would be sooo much better if all the hotel guests would just stay home instead.

Very disappointing response from the chef. When we were there in July, people were using the breakfast items to make sandwiches that they packed up for lunch. I'm sure that was sending Chef Gene over the edge! We did not really have what I'd say was a bad experience, but some of the CMs were not particularly nice on both of our last 2 stays. They complained within my earshot about the guests (e.g., about guests leaving things on tables or asking for paper cup to take something to the pool, etc) and were noticeably put out if you asked for anything. There were some really good moments, but the overall vibe I got from some of the CMs was that the lounge would be sooo much better if all the hotel guests would just stay home instead.

That's crazy to me that they would even care! For what we pay for CL, why wouldn't you? I cannot see eating cold cuts for breakfast! It's just so weird to me! LOL I'd probably do the same thing! LOL I haven't experienced any rude CM's on our past trips, crossing my fingers for good experiences for everyone's trips. Sorry if anyone had any negative experiences.

BWI vs Poly CL

Sorry to hear you had a negative experience. That response definitely was not called for.

Tell me your room number and I can kind of figure out where you are. Also please say hi to Lorenzo tomorrow for me. Anita should be there in the morning too.
I found it on the map at touring Plans but not sure where the lounge is on their map

Anyone know if non-alcoholic beer is available in club lounges? If so, is it only in certain lounges, or all? Thank you!!!

Just popping in to say hi!! We are on day 5 of our trip to Poly CL and I absolutely love it. The only rough spot was check in, and it wasn't even really a thing....we arrived at the Poly at 10:30 and our room wasn't ready yet. I know that check in is at 3 pm, but we have never gotten here and not had our room ready. Then, it wasn't ready until 3:45. Oh well, these things happen, but it was just tough because we had been up since 3 am that day and our 2 yr old was running on fumes and could have really used a nap. Our room requests were met with "3rd floor, close to lounge". Room couldn't fit that description more. And our view is of the Oasis Pool.

Anyway, no big deal. The rest of the trip has been great. I love the lounge, and the view from the lounge is ridiculous. Never gets old. We have enjoyed the offerings in the lounge as well. No issues with food shortages or anything like that. All CM's are super friendly.

Mousekeeping has been great. We have received turndown service daily and......we even came back one day to towel animals!!! I thought they did away with those!

Just popping in to say hi!! We are on day 5 of our trip to Poly CL and I absolutely love it. The only rough spot was check in, and it wasn't even really a thing....we arrived at the Poly at 10:30 and our room wasn't ready yet. I know that check in is at 3 pm, but we have never gotten here and not had our room ready. Then, it wasn't ready until 3:45. Oh well, these things happen, but it was just tough because we had been up since 3 am that day and our 2 yr old was running on fumes and could have really used a nap. Our room requests were met with "3rd floor, close to lounge". Room couldn't fit that description more. And our view is of the Oasis Pool.

Anyway, no big deal. The rest of the trip has been great. I love the lounge, and the view from the lounge is ridiculous. Never gets old. We have enjoyed the offerings in the lounge as well. No issues with food shortages or anything like that. All CM's are super friendly.

Mousekeeping has been great. We have received turndown service daily and......we even came back one day to towel animals!!! I thought they did away with those!

Well well, you made it! Actually I've been scared you were going to hate it and come on here cussing me. Glad you're having a good time!

Funny enough, one time last year we didn't get our room until around 4pm, which I know can happen. We were in the same boat with DD 2, cranky, tension growing, etc. We were classic desperate parents! :sad:

And shhhhhh about the towel animals....gotta keep that pixie dust private. ;)

Last edited:

As always when such experiences happen, the best thing to do is to politely ask to speak to a manager to clarify the situation. Cast members are human after all, and if nobody ever raises their concernes when something is below expectations, there is little room for things to improve themselves.

On the other hand, I can fully understand this is not something that one might be willing to do on their vacation's time. DW and I are spending more than I can confess in Disney's hotels, theme parks, bar, lounges and restaurants every year, and once in a while it happens than some CM is rude, gross or just plain wrong.

It never pays to get angry when this happen, remember this is leisure time, so don't get upset about it! Depending on the situation, ask to speak to a duty manager immediately, or file a report to guest services later. Disney is VERY picky when it comes to handling guest concerns. I know that, because at one time, I had a nightmarish experience in a hotel restaurant, and spoke about it when we checked out of the hotel. We came back to another restaurant of the same hotel a few months later, engaged a little chat with our waiter at the end of the meal, thanking him for all that they've done, because the previous experience in the other restaurant, and he replied “oh, I heard about this, I am very sorry for what happened to you, and I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner tonight”.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter