Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

@Gryhndmom
@GADisneyDad14
Thank you both for your great replies. I have pre booked through a TA AKL for the 2nd part of our Split stay, and I think I'm going to keep it that way. We are already staying at a MK Resort, so will have 4 days of Fireworks prior to AKL.
I think AKL will be great for resort time and @GADisneyDad14 allayed my too far to the lounge with a 4 y/o fears...
I can't believe I have to wait until next February! Lol
Thanks also to @trishadono for the info!
I still remember my now 20 yr old son his 1st stay at age 7.

He didn't want to leave the resort! The windows in the hall are large which gives you different animal views than your room. So just coming and going the kiddos and well adults too are always entertained.

I still prefer mono resorts for dining and exploring but akl is a fun one to try.

@trishadono
We're planning 4 days at CR for our MK days, then switching to AKL for one AK day and some resort time. Just wasn't sure there was enough to do and enjoy while there.
Especially since February may not have good pool weather. I've been looking into resort activities for kiddos (he'll turn 4 that visit) and haven't really seen much for his age group that doesn't involve a park visit.
Thank you so much for your photos!
Sparkle on!

Anyone recent to Poly CL...wondering what kind of "kid food" is usually in the lounge? We'll be there in 3 weeks and I know things can change. Our grandkids are discerning eaters and wouldn't warm up to shrimp lettuce wraps. Are there normally staples like goldfish crackers, cheddar cheese, applesauce, pb&j, whole milk (rather than 2%)...if not out, is staff able to get? If not we can order a few things from Instacart.

@Gryhndmom
@GADisneyDad14
Thank you both for your great replies. I have pre booked through a TA AKL for the 2nd part of our Split stay, and I think I'm going to keep it that way. We are already staying at a MK Resort, so will have 4 days of Fireworks prior to AKL.
I think AKL will be great for resort time and @GADisneyDad14 allayed my too far to the lounge with a 4 y/o fears...
I can't believe I have to wait until next February! Lol
Thanks also to @trishadono for the info!
You will definitely enjoy AKL CL. That was our first trip with the kids two years ago and they loved the animals and the whole resort feel. I think because it was our first trip we were trying to do a lot with the parks so didn't end up using the lounge as much, we used it for breakfast every morning. This trip to WL is a bit more relaxing as we are not trying to do everything at once, so enjoying the resort more. I will say the transportation options are nice. Taking the ferry is very relaxing, may not be the fastest but it is nice. Last at close it was amazing the crowds going to the monorails and the large ferry and we just had a short ten minute wait for the ferry back.

One funny story I have to tell, completely unrelated, as fellow disers will laugh. First off I am not a Disney expert by any stretch, just follow these boards and do basic planning, not every minute is planned. So last night we were waiting to take the ferry from WL to MK, about 7pm. For those of you that have not stayed here there are two ferries that go from WL, one to MK and the other to CR/FW. The line was much bigger for the MK ferry, as we were waiting the other ferry arrived. The family behind us was wondering why the line wasn't moving and why it was going so fast for the other line. The husband said out loud "maybe that is the fastpass line?" He was not joking. I was good and restrained sarcastic me from saying "oh that is a tough FP to get". Nope, I explained to him what the ferry was for, turns out they just wanted a ride on the lake so they just hopped on that ferry and were as happy as can be. Just walking around the resorts and parks you do realize people really dont do a whole lot of planning or read the boards. Which is ok, they of course are having a great time. And it is good for us that we can get FOP fastpasses as people search for the ferry FP.

Anyway, that is my morning report from the WL CL lounge (very relaxing this morning, only two other families in the lounge right now).

I am very much a “close to the lounge” kind of guy. With the kiddos we’re sort of constantly back/forth and I find it just makes things more convenient. That statement has usually been a part of my requests at most resorts.

I knew rooms at AKL were further from the lounge / not on the same floor and frankly I was a bit skeptical going in.

BUT - I was WAY wrong. Our room last week was consistently 3+ minutes room to lounge. But here’s the thing...it did not bother me ONE BIT. The walk was lovely. There are little nooks and crannies all over the place...places to stop and look out at the Savannah, places to look out over the pool, places to look out over the lobby. I did not mind the walk at all. In a weird way, I almost looked forward to it.

Sure, it’s not conducive to just “popping in” the lounge for a quick beverage like it might be at, say, Poly, GF, or CR.

It was a really different CL experience than I’m used to, but honestly, we loved every bit of it. I can see how it might not work for some folks, but zero complaints here.
Yay! So glad you loved your stay there. I can’t wait for your trip report.

@ConnecticutNonna we stayed AKL a lot when the kids were younger. It’s a great resort to enjoy resort time. There are lots of activities, or you can just sit and chill watching the animals, or by the fire. There’s so much there to love and would be a great choice with your split stay.

We’ve never done WL so I can’t compare. People seem to love it, and by all reviews I think I’d enjoy the food there. We started doing BC a lot when the kids got older for walkability to Epcot. We also love Poly. That view from the lounge and convenience lounge to the pool can’t be beat. Our heart though is AK.

IMG_0493.JPG View attachment 316204 IMG_1996.JPG
Anyone recent to Poly CL...wondering what kind of "kid food" is usually in the lounge? We'll be there in 3 weeks and I know things can change. Our grandkids are discerning eaters and wouldn't warm up to shrimp lettuce wraps. Are there normally staples like goldfish crackers, cheddar cheese, applesauce, pb&j, whole milk (rather than 2%)...if not out, is staff able to get? If not we can order a few things from Instacart.
Plan ahead.

If at breakfast kids like cereal , fruit or bagels? Take some and put in room for later.

There is whole fruit out all day. In the afternoon cookies and chips and usually gold fish. The lettuce wraps are new.

In the evening uncrustables and sometimes corn dogs or other kid friendly items.

I know there usually at least 2 kinds of milk.

We also grab items from Capt Cooks and eat in the lovely lounge at lunch time. That view should not be wasted :)

I'll try to look at pix and see which milk.

Nope no pix @GADisneyDad14 probably has milk pix.

I did find some good kid friendly desserts.

Last edited:

@trishadono
We're planning 4 days at CR for our MK days, then switching to AKL for one AK day and some resort time. Just wasn't sure there was enough to do and enjoy while there.
Especially since February may not have good pool weather. I've been looking into resort activities for kiddos (he'll turn 4 that visit) and haven't really seen much for his age group that doesn't involve a park visit.
Thank you so much for your photos!
Sparkle on!
I was able to swim last January, water was warm.

We were disappointed however. The pool and hot tub closed at 8pm. Unlike mods and some other deluxe resorts it is the only pool. At other resorts if the main one with lifeguards is closed I would swim in a smaller pool at night. Not doable at akl.

For a 4 us old tho a night swim at 7 pm will put him right to sleep. That always worked with mine. That was the highlight when young, getting to swim in the winter AND in the dark of night. It's the small things kids enjoy.

Have fun! 4 is a great age.

Few pics from my balcony last night!!! I honestly can’t describe how much I love the Polynesian!!! Don’t know how I’ll ever be able to NOT stay Club Level now!!! My kids really don’t know how truly lucky they are!!!!

Hope pics are posting!! :)

Attachments

• 9F15378C-5C9A-4EA9-BDD5-EACD45ADA33A.jpeg
    9F15378C-5C9A-4EA9-BDD5-EACD45ADA33A.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 50
  • D66DAEBF-C519-4A85-A8DC-43D735446F4A.jpeg
    D66DAEBF-C519-4A85-A8DC-43D735446F4A.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 35CBB03D-1105-4A89-8D84-8935989ADA2E.jpeg
    35CBB03D-1105-4A89-8D84-8935989ADA2E.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 47
Few pics from my balcony last night!!! I honestly can’t describe how much I love the Polynesian!!! Don’t know how I’ll ever be able to NOT stay Club Level now!!! My kids really don’t know how truly lucky they are!!!!

Hope pics are posting!! :)
Stunning pics! You’ll totally get spoiled with CL. Enjoy!

@Mdsleiman depends on when you’re going, and what you plan on doing. We were AKL in December and didn’t want to be any where else. Poly we’ve picked in summer for the gorgeous view while hanging at the pool. It’s steps from the lounge for beer runs.

Poly is easy if you have younger kids and plan on MK a lot.

Can’t really go wrong.

Please forgive me if this question has been asked before. Trying to catch up reading this thread (missed notifications on watches thread somehow).

We are booked to stay CL level at BWI in September. This is our first time, at this resort and booking CL. Considering adding the DDP too. DH & I do like to eat TS but not 3 meals a day. We'll spend some time in parks but plan resorts days too and also like to explore other resorts. Already have some ADRs booked.

My question - Is it too much (foodwise) to do the CL level AND add the DDP?

Please forgive me if this question has been asked before. Trying to catch up reading this thread (missed notifications on watches thread somehow).

We are booked to stay CL level at BWI in September. This is our first time, at this resort and booking CL. Considering adding the DDP too. DH & I do like to eat TS but not 3 meals a day. We'll spend some time in parks but plan resorts days too and also like to explore other resorts. Already have some ADRs booked.

Unless you both have HUGE appetites and/or don't plan on spending much time in the Club Lounge and enjoying the wonderful foods there: CL and DDP would likely be way too much food.

IMHO,
Yes, it is too much food!
Even if you decide to dine at TS every night, you won't use all your credits.
CL breakfast is pretty good, and unless you want Mickey waffles every am, you can make a pretty substantial meal from CL offerings.

Agree with @RachelTori.... it can work for some folks I guess, but would never make much sense for our particular touring/CL/Disney style.

Too much! I would say the only exception is if you plan on doing a character lunch every day. I think that it may be worth it if you are interested in that. Otherwise anything that takes you away from resort time isn't a good idea when you are enjoying CL!

Hi from the YC! We were up at 2:45, left for the airport at 3:50. We have TSA precheck so security was a breeze. And I love SW’s new “tag your own luggage” set up too. After parking, checking our bags & security, we were at the Tim Horton’s counter getting some breakfast by 4:35. (We’d rather be early than rush to the gate). Flight was on time leaving at 6:10.

We used Tiffany Towncar & were at the resort by 9:30, 1 hour after landing. No greeter outside. Asked the bellman outside about checking in for club level but he didn’t know anything about it so into the lobby we went. There were a couple of parties in line but a CM with an iPad started helping the folks in line. When she got to us I told her we were CL so she took us right upstairs. No wait there & we had the friendliest CM check us in. I think her name was Marissa, & she was so sweet & energetic.

A few updates about the lounge: they now have mini quiche & crepes in the breakfast rotation. Marissa said they have added kid friendly options at 5 pm like chicken nuggets, Mac & cheese & pigs in a blanket. Also, the big news: the food service times are the same, but the lounge is now open 24 hours — it no longer closes between food service times! I know that is something that has disappointed many guests in the past, so hope this change sticks.

We hung in the lounge for a bit then headed to the new market to browse. They have a nice Yacht Club hoodie that will be coming home with me!! So great to see the resort specific merchandise back. We hit our room ready text at 10:40. I love this view! The room has 2 queen beds & the sofa with the tub/ shower combo. I would like a shower only room sometime but I’ll take the view over the shower. We are a few rooms from the lounge which sometimes makes me nervous about Hall noise, but so far so good.

49FFE6AB-8080-47DC-8486-1FFB2FC21A82.png

They have upgraded the toiletries: back row: lotion, foot rub, solar gel & sun screen. Middle row is a vanity kit, mouthwash & shower cap. Also have the larger size shampoo, conditioner & bady wash.

8E01EEF9-12B7-452F-A4E6-C2356D2B6016.png

Another addition dice last year is a throw rug at the sink area. It’s pretty but I wonder how long they will last!

94A1B897-DDA8-40BE-B785-AE37A1AFB1F3.png

I will try to keep track of the evening foods. I know they still have the beef & mashed potatoes I loved last year because I mentioned it to Marrisa. She said all the CMs love the mashed potatoes the most out of all the foods they have !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter