Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Thanks for the great pics GAdisneydad! I always wanted to give it a try but dh thinks it's too far from everything. We uber most times to our adrs anyway so it's not that big a deal. He only wants to stay at MK resorts. If we do a resort time heavy trip that may be a nice option. Did you miss not seeing fireworks from the resort?

I did miss the evening entertainment factor that you get with a MK or Epcot resort, although I didn’t miss the MK resort price tag! :-)

Fireworks were replaced by other things. Playing drums in the lobby, stopping by the night vision goggle station, more night swimming, a stop by the Victoria Falls lounge, etc.

I think if we were park commandos and really wanted a lot of park time, the distance and 100% reliance on bus might have bugged me, but I’m not sure? But since we wanted a break from the parks but still wanted to be in the Disney bubble, it worked out really well.

We did use the bus to/from MK one day and did Minnie Van to/from Epcot another day. Just enough to get a little park fix in. :-)

Standard issue Nescafe machine and standard issue 8 out of 10 people who can't figure out how it works.

I am one of these 8 people!! Sorry, once the CM showed me, I got it down.

@GADisneyDad14 Dude Seriously? My next trip was supposed to be offsite in points hotels one day before and one day after a cruise and you post this review! Now I am contemplating how to swing two nights before the cruise with no park time, just enjoying a full day at AKL. I have to stay off this thread. You all are enablers :rotfl2:

In all seriousness, you kind of sound like me regarding AKL, so you review is very surprising. Thanks so much for all your travels and reports back here. They always have so much great information in them.

I did miss the evening entertainment factor that you get with a MK or Epcot resort, although I didn’t miss the MK resort price tag! :-)

Fireworks were replaced by other things. Playing drums in the lobby, stopping by the night vision goggle station, more night swimming, a stop by the Victoria Falls lounge, etc.

I think if we were park commandos and really wanted a lot of park time, the distance and 100% reliance on bus might have bugged me, but I’m not sure? But since we wanted a break from the parks but still wanted to be in the Disney bubble, it worked out really well.

We did use the bus to/from MK one day and did Minnie Van to/from Epcot another day. Just enough to get a little park fix in. :-)

I think AKL CL is the perfect option for a split stay with an MK resort, don't you think? Last spring we did AKL CL first and then moved to GF SL and that was a good split. But I recall saying at the time that we actually missed AKL when we moved to GF, which I never expected!! I think the MK resort is perfect for MK and Epcot time. Then AKL CL is perfect for downtime plus AK (and HS when we start going there again...).

Glad to see you added in a couple parks ;).

Thanks for the great review of AKL CL, it is some place that is so special to me and my husband and you really captured its charm in your review.

One thing, it sounds like you were able to do the night vision goggles, was this at Jambo or Kidani? There was a report on the main AKL thread that when a guest asked about the goggles recently that a CM didn't know what she was talking about, I thought it was likely a misinformed CM, as it is still listed on the resort activities and we took part in January, but if you could confirm that it was offered more recently that would be great.

Thanks for the great review of AKL CL, it is some place that is so special to me and my husband and you really captured its charm in your review.

One thing, it sounds like you were able to do the night vision goggles, was this at Jambo or Kidani? There was a report on the main AKL thread that when a guest asked about the goggles recently that a CM didn't know what she was talking about, I thought it was likely a misinformed CM, as it is still listed on the resort activities and we took part in January, but if you could confirm that it was offered more recently that would be great.

Thanks for the nice note!

When we were there (first week of April), they had the night vision goggles set up on on the viewing area that overlooks the Uzima Savanna. Not exactly the best spot because there weren’t a ton of animals there when we tried it, but it was cool none-the-less.

I’m not sure if it’s always here or moves?

Thanks for the nice note!

When we were there (first week of April), they had the night vision goggles set up on on the viewing area that overlooks the Uzima Savanna. Not exactly the best spot because there weren’t a ton of animals there when we tried it, but it was cool none-the-less.

I’m not sure if it’s always here or moves?

It has always been there and the Kidani rock overlook, which is why many of us were confused when there were reports that the CM had never heard of the activity, likely just a case of misinformation/confusion on the part of the CM, thanks!!

So I made a reservation yesterday for October at GF RPC. I got a call today from DSS. Two things: first, this is my second phone call (ever) from DSS and we've stayed CL 5-6 times since DSS started (it's also crazy to get a call the day after booking). And second, I asked about whether he had an insight into the club level FP program still being around in October. He said the latest they heard was that the pilot should last through the year and then will be re-evaluated. Obviously Disney changes things on a whim, so take that for what it's worth...

Last edited:
@GADisneyDad14 - great review of AKL CL! I see they added some hot dishes at breakfast that they didn't have last March, and some additional wines. Everything looks fantastic! We planned lots of downtime when we stayed there, but it was a short stay so we still didn't get to participate in all of the resort activities we wanted to. We did spend a lot of time in the lounge, and I agree with you that I actually enjoyed our walk to the elevators each day (although ours was a bit shorter since we were close to the lobby). We didn't make it over to the Kidani pool when we stayed there, but I'll have to keep that in mind for next time. I think I'll be working on my DH to stay here instead of the Poly for our June trip. :rolleyes:

The food at the AKL looks great. So excited to get to experience 2.5 days of Club Level. When I was in the very early planning stages of doing this (mostly) resort only trip, I would have never imagined that I would get to do it with Club Level. My dream resort stays have always been to stay Club Level (#1), the Poly, (#2) Yatch/Beach Club (#3)- already done that and AKL (#4). I get to check off #1 and #4 at the same time now.

In all honesty though, I really had absolutely no hope what so ever in ever getting a Club Level room because of the prices. I have now learned to never say or think never, because you just don't know what could be in the cards for yourself down the road.

Last edited:
Anyone happen to know if Leeanna Flannery does any of the club level stuff at the Grand Floridian? I just received an email from her asking what time I think we will be arriving and I’m trying to figure out why. I have never received one before.

Is there a post # anyone can direct me to that shows photos/maps/indicates the designated viewing locations that are available as part of the extra fastpass purchase?
Thanks!

Is there a post # anyone can direct me to that shows photos/maps/indicates the designated viewing locations that are available as part of the extra fastpass purchase?
Thanks!

No photos or maps, but here’s a post that describes the locations: https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...ng-cl-fp-trial-program.3538258/#post-56320893

@Ronferr80 posted a pic last night from the HEA viewing here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/c...chase-logistics.3657573/page-22#post-59092571

Hope that helps!

Anyone happen to know if Leeanna Flannery does any of the club level stuff at the Grand Floridian? I just received an email from her asking what time I think we will be arriving and I’m trying to figure out why. I have never received one before.

Is that an individual CM?

People have reported WL CL CMs reaching out to them via e-mail and/or phone a few days in advance to confirm details and offer their assistance. Although I’m not sure who the e-mail comes from?

To date, I think WL is the only resort I’ve seen reports of this happening (although I may be wrong about this). Maybe they are starting at GF too?

I am one of these 8 people!! Sorry, once the CM showed me, I got it down.

@GADisneyDad14 Dude Seriously? My next trip was supposed to be offsite in points hotels one day before and one day after a cruise and you post this review! Now I am contemplating how to swing two nights before the cruise with no park time, just enjoying a full day at AKL. I have to stay off this thread. You all are enablers :rotfl2:

In all seriousness, you kind of sound like me regarding AKL, so you review is very surprising. Thanks so much for all your travels and reports back here. They always have so much great information in them.

Thanks for the nice note! This thread has done nothing but been an enabler for me, so I know how you feel.

Oh I forgot, did you use the purchased FP program this time?

No, we barely did any park time so it didn’t make any sense for this last trip. It also doesn’t really fit out touring style even if we had planned more park time.

That being said, I do have it booked for a future trip. Purely in the name of DIS research, of course. :rolleyes1

@GADisneyDad14 I just wanted to comment about your photo a page or 2 back about the size of the tv in the AKL-CL room! When I was there in February, my first night was in a DVC studio villa (not CL) on points - which I have stayed in many times prior. I was pleasantly surprised at the shape of the room. The toiletries were the ones all the deluxes are currently receiving, AND --- the studio had a 60" Smart TV!! When I moved to the CL room on the 4th floor the next day I was a bit disappointed that it hadn't been updated yet! Of course the Club Lounge quickly made me feel much better! ;)

Thanks!

Not sure if it’s the same all the time but we were in that front lawn section I circled which was roped off just for us... hope that helps

Attachments

• 0B18E1BB-8F44-4A3B-98F3-2662FC577602.jpeg
    0B18E1BB-8F44-4A3B-98F3-2662FC577602.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 24

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter