Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Input please. Because I am just so undecided. I’m booking a week in CL in September, arriving on Labor Day. I was ready to book 2 nights garden view @ Poly, followed by 5 nights at YC, our favorite. Today‘s discount release threw a wrench in those plans… Poly’s not included & only rack rate for CL @ YC. So, I booked 2 nights @ RPC deluxe king room. But there is also a king standard tower club room at CR. Or I can still go with the garden view CL @ Poly.

We’ve had short stays at RPC before. I really enjoyed the afternoon tea & hearing the orchestra below. With those gone, is it even worth staying there? But, if the resort gets a remodel, it will be awhile until construction is done & discounts might be hard to come by after that. So now seems a good time to stay there, as long as construction doesn’t start this summer.

We’ve never stayed at Poly but why not stay at a nice newly refurbed room. And we should try a new resort once in awhile, right?? But the Hawaii building isn’t going anywhere. Can always try it some other time.

We’ll have our first tower club stay at the end of the month, also a king standard. I’m obsessed with seeing the MK from so close all night. The price is right with the discount. But I’m also not sure if we’ll like the evening apps @ CR or Poly, we’re not adventurous eaters at all. I can guarantee we won’t be eating any coddled eggs.

I won’t even start on deciding between BWI or YC for the 2nd half of our stay. Guaranteed waterview room with SAB & an updated room @ YC or gamble on a Boardwalk view with an underwhelming pool but maybe better appetizers & Sunday breakfast @ BWI??? 🤦🏻‍♀️ 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Rare to see you so undecided!

Just touching on one part of your equation - your CR trip next month will help guide the way. I think I'm in the minority around here and am fine with repeating CR CL, but for most I'm not so sure it has a high repeatability factor over back to back trips. CR is perhaps better with longer stints in between. But you'll know more soon I guess!

I hate to judge based on the small glimpses of preferences/personalities that you can sometimes glean from posts over time, but if I'm in your shoes I'd lean RPC over Poly. I'm mainly saying that based on the kid and crowding factor that can sometimes be a part of the Poly experience.

Rare to see you so undecided!

Just touching on one part of your equation - your CR trip next month will help guide the way. I think I'm in the minority around here and am fine with repeating CR CL, but for most I'm not so sure it has a high repeatability factor over back to back trips. CR is perhaps better with longer stints in between. But you'll know more soon I guess!

I hate to judge based on the small glimpses of preferences/personalities that you can sometimes glean from posts over time, but if I'm in your shoes I'd lean RPC over Poly. I'm mainly saying that based on the kid and crowding factor that can sometimes be a part of the Poly experience.

Perfect! Thanks for your input! That’s the info I was looking for. And validation that RPC is still a good experience. As for CR, I’m thinking we’ll be happy in a a theme park view room there over CL. I’ll get the view I want but won’t have to worry about not taking advantage of the lounge. But you’re right, I’ll know soon.

And being undecided is definitely new to me! Just picking dates was a little overwhelming. I’m so conditioned to someone else dictating my life & time. This retirement thing is going to take some getting used to. 😂

Perfect! Thanks for your input! That’s the info I was looking for. And validation that RPC is still a good experience. As for CR, I’m thinking we’ll be happy in a a theme park view room there over CL. I’ll get the view I want but won’t have to worry about not taking advantage of the lounge. But you’re right, I’ll know soon.

And being undecided is definitely new to me! Just picking dates was a little overwhelming. I’m so conditioned to someone else dictating my life & time. This retirement thing is going to take some getting used to. 😂
If you are looking at a CR TPV room also compare the Atrium Std CL room. Sometimes they are close in price and you would still have access to TPV in the lounge. And don't pass on the eggs because of me! You have to try one!

If you are looking at a CR TPV room also compare the Atrium Std CL room. Sometimes they are close in price and you would still have access to TPV in the lounge. And don't pass on the eggs because of me! You have to try one!

I made a mistake saying it is our first tower club stay. We actually had the king standard room booked for 2 nights in 2015. We were given an absolutely amazing upgrade to a 2 bedroom lake view suite. And as grateful as I was to be given such a gift, I was also so disappointed I couldn’t just walk to my window & see the MK. So the view is really important this time.

I like egg salad & I’ll have an occasional over easy egg when eating breakfast out. Other than that, not a fan. But unless they look totally gross, I’ll probably try one of the coddled eggs just to see what the deal is. 😉

I made a mistake saying it is our first tower club stay. We actually had the king standard room booked for 2 nights in 2015. We were given an absolutely amazing upgrade to a 2 bedroom lake view suite. And as grateful as I was to be given such a gift, I was also so disappointed I couldn’t just walk to my window & see the MK. So the view is really important this time.

I like egg salad & I’ll have an occasional over easy egg when eating breakfast out. Other than that, not a fan. But unless they look totally gross, I’ll probably try one of the coddled eggs just to see what the deal is. 😉
You MUST report back.

Wish the dang emojis were working, but they're not!

Anybody remember wine offerings Tower CL post covid. I can see a bit in @GADisneyDad14 pix from March. Looks like different selection vs Atrium CL?
DD likes Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc or sparking/champagne. Did they have any of those?

Glad he posted pix, I just reviewed them and forgot you can't look down to the atrium...... interesting...

We’re at YC CL the next few days if anyone needs any 411. Got a pic of the offerings today, will collect for the next few days and post at the end of our trip.

I have to say that so far the entire crew of cast members up here have been absolutely amazing but major kudos has to go to Stephen. He’s a real gem of a person…

I wasn't aware of the Disney+ discounts being released today. I was indecisive as always but these discounts have finalized our plans. We're now at BWI CL 9/8-9/11/22. I love BWI, I was just hoping for YC or Poly discounts being available.
YC rooms are included in the D+ discount, they just may not be available for your dates. When I initially looked yesterday after promo was released there was CL and non-CL rooms available with the discount for end of Aug! Keep checking back as someone may drop, or maybe more will be released.

Hi! Has anyone been able to use the Disney + discount in august on a club level for BWI GF or CR? I keep playing with my dates but haven’t found a room 🙁

Just back from our Poly Club level stay and while it will always be my favorite resort (not even a question)--I was not prepared, lol, so I just wanted to report back. The CM's, the lounge, the room--all were up to par IMO, however, the sheer chaos and madness was surprising, haha. I've read numerous times on these boards that Club level at the Poly is much more family oriented than others, and now I realize that I should've given that a bit more thought beforehand. Kids are kids--that's not the problem, we were there with our own--I just wasn't expecting to see 3 to 5 year olds roaming independently around the buffet unsupervised on such a consistent basis--carrying 2 cups of coffee with little ones scattering definitely took some focus, lol. In the past, we've stayed in pretty much every bldg at the resort, including DVC (even some longhouses before they were converted to DVC)--and by far, these hallways were the most, let's say "energetic" and "entertaining"that I have ever seen (be on guard when you approach corners, haha) Don't get me wrong--we still had a fantastic time, but I just wanted to pass along my experience so others are aware. For us, we'll stick to the BWI for our club level trips and then stay at the Poly (non-club level) every other time! Take care all!

Just back from our Poly Club level stay and while it will always be my favorite resort (not even a question)--I was not prepared, lol, so I just wanted to report back. The CM's, the lounge, the room--all were up to par IMO, however, the sheer chaos and madness was surprising, haha. I've read numerous times on these boards that Club level at the Poly is much more family oriented than others, and now I realize that I should've given that a bit more thought beforehand. Kids are kids--that's not the problem, we were there with our own--I just wasn't expecting to see 3 to 5 year olds roaming independently around the buffet unsupervised on such a consistent basis--carrying 2 cups of coffee with little ones scattering definitely took some focus, lol. In the past, we've stayed in pretty much every bldg at the resort, including DVC (even some longhouses before they were converted to DVC)--and by far, these hallways were the most, let's say "energetic" and "entertaining"that I have ever seen (be on guard when you approach corners, haha) Don't get me wrong--we still had a fantastic time, but I just wanted to pass along my experience so others are aware. For us, we'll stick to the BWI for our club level trips and then stay at the Poly (non-club level) every other time! Take care all!
This was our experience at BC the past two times we were there (Feb and March). While there have always been kids on the club levels - mine included, it was the first time I’d seen them serving themselves sans utensils, taking food off their plates and placing it back onto the serving trays, running around the lounge & halls - just general lack of supervision. I thought maybe people were so excited to finally be traveling again they weren’t paying as much attention as they normally would - or Covid-era kids who hadn’t been in public for ages We tried to visit the lounge toward the mid/end of service to miss the rush and go with the flow.

Hi! Has anyone been able to use the Disney + discount in august on a club level for BWI GF or CR? I keep playing with my dates but haven’t found a room 🙁
I saw CL rooms at all those resorts for the end of Aug when the promo first came out. When I went back and looked yesterday I noticed GF no longer had CL and I didn't check BW or CR. I say just keep looking as people may drop.

While I've always seen some variations of the above over time it seems, DW and I specifically commented about it at our recent GF RPC stay. Same thing - lots of kids at the stations with grabby hands and no parents.

Granted I'm probably no saint on the topic - I'm sure mine have done something that offended someone when I've had my back turned or what have you - but I'd like to think that overall we keep close eyes on them and monitor their CL behavior (it is part of the CL rules at the end of the day).

DW and I were wondering if societal behaviour in general really has changed or if it's just us maturing as people/parents and being more attuned to things. Plus repeat CL stays seem to make you more aware of happenings in general, at least for me.

I miss the days of Ivette and (blanking on her name, now is mostly at GF??) at Poly where they would "keep order" during the breakfast service with a friendly, but firm, touch. No grabby hands with them around. :-)

While I've always seen some variations of the above over time it seems, DW and I specifically commented about it at our recent GF RPC stay. Same thing - lots of kids at the stations with grabby hands and no parents.

Granted I'm probably no saint on the topic - I'm sure mine have done something that offended someone when I've had my back turned or what have you - but I'd like to think that overall we keep close eyes on them and monitor their CL behavior (it is part of the CL rules at the end of the day).

DW and I were wondering if societal behaviour in general really has changed or if it's just us maturing as people/parents and being more attuned to things. Plus repeat CL stays seem to make you more aware of happenings in general, at least for me.

I miss the days of Ivette and (blanking on her name, now is mostly at GF??) at Poly where they would "keep order" during the breakfast service with a friendly, but firm, touch. No grabby hands with them around. :-)
You’re probably on to something with the CMs. I imagine they are told to be “hands off”, literally and figuratively. Too many people now see any kind of interactions with their children as confrontations, which could lead to even further problems. You can’t really win in those situations.

Although on occasion I've seen kids that could have used some supervision around the serving areas, the behavior I've seen from adults has always been far worse.

I won't enumerate every incident we've observed, but an example that comes to mind from our RPC stay last Christmas is the adult who accidently dropped the serving spoon for the mac n cheese onto the floor, accidently stepped on it as they turned around and then decided to remedy the situation by picking up the utensil, placing it back on the serving plate, and walking away. A child who was next in line was about to grab the spoon to get a serving of mac n cheese and fortunately I was able to stop it before it happened and provide the spoon and resting plate to the CM who was nearby and ask that it be replaced.

Accidents happen all the time and that's ok. However, people's response to those accidents is many times just shocking.

I saw CL rooms at all those resorts for the end of Aug when the promo first came out. When I went back and looked yesterday I noticed GF no longer had CL and I didn't check BW or CR. I say just keep looking as people may drop.

Similar to @jennab, I noticed plenty of CL room when the promo was released on Tuesday. But yesterday, there were very few CL rooms, no matter what resort or dates I checked. We’re going Labor Day week, so those are the dates I have checked the most. But our dates are flexible, so I did check the end of August & other September dates too. I did not see YC for any of the dates I checked. But I definitely saw lots of rooms at the 3 you want for our week on Tuesday, but by yesterday, the only thing still showing is the garden cottage at BWI. I think some discount inventory was pulled/ reevaluated by Disney. I mean, I was checking late Tuesday night, but early Wednesday things were gone. I find it hard to believe that many rooms were booked overnight. And there are all categories of CL available at rack rate.

Labor Day week is the slowest week of the year but there are very few deluxe resort rooms at the discount. This discount seems to be targeted more to value & moderate resorts. At least for the dates I have checked. Most room categories are available at moderates, but almost nothing at deluxes.

We’re at YC CL the next few days if anyone needs any 411. Got a pic of the offerings today, will collect for the next few days and post at the end of our trip.

I have to say that so far the entire crew of cast members up here have been absolutely amazing but major kudos has to go to Stephen. He’s a real gem of a person…
Have a great vacation! 😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter