Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I tried looking around and searching, but did not find the info I am looking for here. We are celebrating my wife's milestone birthday and staying at the GF CL and AKL CL this summer for the first time for a few days each. I have not stayed CL since I was a teenager (Tower Club 14th floor). What are the current "social norms" of CL? Is there anything we should expect? My main question though is what are the tipping norms? I have read that the concierge staff are not allowed to accept tips, but I want to verify. I would assume that the Mousekeepers are still allowed to accept them. What is the normal amount per night for CL?

Also, is there anything we should know to make the most of the stay? We plan on one day at each resort where we spend the majority of the day there. We are not too worried about attractions on this trip and have the Pirate Pass, so we will be back. For reference, we have stayed concierge level at several non-Orlando area hotels and we know that we will not get a full concierge experience, like finding those impossible reservations and such, but we are Disney veterans and don't need their assistance there.

Good Morning!
We have never done Club Level so I’ve been thankful for this thread and all the useful info! I am considering booking the Poly resort view Club Level (also never stayed at poly) for next spring break and then applying the bounce back once we return from our summer trip. We went on the Disney wish last spring break but had a rocky trip with some storms and motion sickness so we are looking for a Disney trip that will be similar to a cruise (but on land). We are a family of 5 (11yo son and 6 yo twins). We would probably only stay 5 nights and visit Epcot and Magic Kingdom. So looking for the kid-friendliest club level? Also the kids love Mickey bars, does the poly cl offer those and/or what other Club levels do offer those? Thank you so much in advance!
No mickey bars but they do have vanilla ice cream and toppings at dessert 8-10. I posted pix end of Dec 2023.

What is nice about poly cl is the proximity to the beach and both pools for kids! HEA and EWP viewing is awesome from poly.

Also for MK mono or boat is quick. For epcot we usually walk to TTC then hop on mono to epcot. Returning if weather is good we walk back to poly from TTC but it is only one stop away so we mono sometimes.

I have been on all 3 floors of the resort view side. I like 1st patio it feels very open. 3rd floor has a nice view of the oasis pool. 2nd doesn't have a balcony but the door does open for air. It is convenient if you plan to go back and forth from the lounge.

Kid freindly? who doesn't want to see the castle from the lounge!

My main question though is what are the tipping norms? I have read that the concierge staff are not allowed to accept tips, but I want to verify. I would assume that the Mousekeepers are still allowed to accept them. What is the normal amount per night for CL?
We’ve never tipped the CL staff nor have I seen anyone else tipping. I always heard staff is not allowed to accept tips also. But haven’t read anything about that in a few years. A poster has a daughter working CL, maybe she can find out the real story about if they’re allowed or not. I do tip housekeeping every day. How much is a very individual decision.

Breakfast & appetizers are meal like, but afternoon snacks are pretty much just snacks, chips, crudite, cookies. Although GF has had soups in the afternoon at times. Adult beverages are out for appetizers & desserts, but you can ask for them at any time.

Disney Signature Services is a centralized location that handles all pre arrival bookings. They may call you, if not you can reach out to them. I don’t have the phone # or email handy, but I’m sure someone will post it. You can start booking ADRs online at 6 am, so you’re better off doing your own anyway, especially for hard to get ADRs.

Last edited:
We’ve never tipped the CL staff nor have I seen anyone else tipping. I always heard staff is not allowed to accept tips also. But haven’t read anything about that in a few years. A poster has a daughter working CL, maybe she can find out the real story about if they’re allowed or not. I do tip housekeeping every day. How much is a very individual decision.

Breakfast & appetizers are meal like, but afternoon snacks are pretty much just snacks, chips, crudite, cookies. Although GF has had soups in the afternoon at times. Adult beverages are out for appetizers & desserts, but you can ask for them at any time.

Disney Signature Services is a centralized location that handles all pre arrival bookings. They may call you, if not you can reach out to them. I don’t have the phone # or email handy, but I’m sure someone will post it. You can start booking ADRs online at 6 am, so you’re better off doing your own anyway, especially for hard to get ADRs.
Thank you! We already have all of our ADRs and tours booked. I missed out on the night time safari while at the AKL, but not a biggie since we are doing the Wild Africa tour at the park one day. We are doing California Grill on her actual birthday and Jiko during our AKL part of the stay. We did not go with any of the GF restaurants. We are going to take advantage of as much CL food as possible, want to avoid the kids at 1900, and she liked the menu at California Grill over Citrico's. V&A is a bit more of an experience than we are looking for this time. She also doesn't like much seafood, taking out Narcoossee's. I have already spoken to Signature Services the day after we booked it.

No mickey bars but they do have vanilla ice cream and toppings at dessert 8-10. I posted pix end of Dec 2023.

What is nice about poly cl is the proximity to the beach and both pools for kids! HEA and EWP viewing is awesome from poly.

Also for MK mono or boat is quick. For epcot we usually walk to TTC then hop on mono to epcot. Returning if weather is good we walk back to poly from TTC but it is only one stop away so we mono sometimes.

I have been on all 3 floors of the resort view side. I like 1st patio it feels very open. 3rd floor has a nice view of the oasis pool. 2nd doesn't have a balcony but the door does open for air. It is convenient if you plan to go back and forth from the lounge.

Kid freindly? who doesn't want to see the castle from the lounge!
Yes I saw your review. Thank you for your response. Can you remember if they regularly had chicken nuggets etc?

I believe Poly CL has rooms that are 2-queens and a daybed, but I haven’t stayed there since they remodeled.

...I am considering booking the Poly resort view Club Level (also never stayed at poly) for next spring break and then applying the bounce back once we return from our summer trip.
Do not book it now then unless you are willing to pay rack rate. You can't just apply a bounceback to your booked trip. You will only get a bounceback discount if a room is available with the discount at the time you book the bounceback. If you are willing to pay rack rate book it, this way you will secure your choice no matter what. If you aren't willing to pay rack rate do not book it because it takes that room out of inventory thereby decreasing your chances of being able to book it on a bounceback.

... I would assume that the Mousekeepers are still allowed to accept them. What is the normal amount per night for CL?
Yes Mousekeepers are still allowed to accept tips. I would tip them the normal housekeeping amount as the only special thing they do for CL is put out like 2 extra toiletries.

Yes I saw your review. Thank you for your response. Can you remember if they regularly had chicken nuggets etc?
I had to check my pix. I can’t remember what kids items they had this past trip/I don’t see any pix . I do know I have seen chicken nuggets and corn dogs in the past. If not out most cl’s have uncrustables in the back if needed. Dd29 still asks for these both dinner and during desserts/ all cl’s.

We have mobile ordered from CC’s and brought food to the lounge. Why? Sometimes you don’t see what you want. You still get to sit in a if lounge with a great view that has real silver ware and lots of beverage options that are free vs paying at CC’c. I know at GF dd has ordered French fries many times lol. She runs and grabs when text says it ready.

At lunch we often eat our QS in whatever cl lounge we are at. The lounges pretty quiet midday.

So if you have to just fill in some QS meals , it is still worth it overall because the view is amazing and they have POG juice.

I haven't posted much about my recent non-CL visit other than bits and pieces here and there, some of you know that I had a weird respiratory virus a few weeks before, couldn't eat decently, yadda yada. I had a lovely dinner at Boma and an amazing meal at V&As, but after that, things devolved very fast. I obviously pushed myself too far, too fast, and wound up with a secondary bacterial pneumonia, and by the time I checked out and got up to see my mom a few days later, I was in pretty grim shape. I have never been sick at Disney, and this trip - looking back, I now realize how awful the trip was at the end, how much I missed and couldn't manage.

I have to go back to see Mom and a friend I missed in a few weeks, so just in case, I called to check BB rates. I got an aaaamazing BB rate at YC CL, less $ than the AP rate for water view at GF (non-CL!), may well be the least expensive C rate I've seen in years - was really hoping for BWI, but all they had was a garden room, and it wasn't cheap enough in total to bother. My goal is to rest and recover the next 3 weeks, and then go back and EAT EVERYTHING that I jut missed! And speed walk without coughing! Of course, this time, I will be delaying my trip unless I am back to baseline before I go.

Last edited:
Yes Mousekeepers are still allowed to accept tips. I would tip them the normal housekeeping amount as the only special thing they do for CL is put out like 2 extra toiletries.
I was wondering about the tipping. Do the Mousekeepers pool their money daily, or does the one housekeeper that does the room keep the money for herself?

We always tip them but now I'm wondering. I know one day the Mousekeeper did quite a few towel animals and DH found her and gave her a big tip.

Any one know?

I was wondering about the tipping. Do the Mousekeepers pool their money daily, or does the one housekeeper that does the room keep the money for herself?

We always tip them but now I'm wondering. I know one day the Mousekeeper did quite a few towel animals and DH found her and gave her a big tip.

Any one know?

I haven’t ever read they pool them. I assume the individual housekeepers keep whatever tips they are given. Housekeeping isn’t technically a tipped position as far as Disney is concerned, so I doubt there are rules about pooling them.

I haven’t ever read they pool them. I assume the individual housekeepers keep whatever tips they are given. Housekeeping isn’t technically a tipped position as far as Disney is concerned, so I doubt there are rules about pooling them.
Thanks! We have been CL 2 times, and this summer again. I’ll tell my DH to tip everyday. My GD goes crazy over the towel animals.

Any one know?
I try to remember to tip every day, just in case!

I haven't posted much about my recent non-CL visit other than bits and pieces here and there,, some of you know that I had a weird respiratory virus a few weeks before, couldn't eat decently, yadda yada. I had a lovely dinner at both Boma and an amazing meal at V&As, but after that, things devolved very fast. I obviously pushed myself too far, too fast, and wound up with a secondary bacterial pneumonia, and by the time I checked out and got up to see my mom a few days later, I was in pretty grim shape. I have never been sick at Disney, and this trip - looking back, I now realize how awful the trip was at the end, how much I missed and couldn't manage.

I have to go back to see Mom and a friend I missed in a few weeks, so just in case, I called to check BB rates. I got an aaaamazing BB rate at YC CL, less $ than the AP rate for water view at GF (non-CL!), may well be the least expensive C rate I've seen in years - was really hoping for BWI, but all they had was a garden room, and it wasn't cheap enough in total to bother. My goal is to rest and recover the next 3 weeks, and then go back and EAT EVERYTHING that I jut missed! And speed walk without coughing! Of course, this time, I will be delaying my trip unless I am back to baseline before I go.
EAT EVERYTHING! You sound like dd after she had a sinus infection at poly cl NYE 2022/23.

That was the year I moved our last night to GF RPC and got upgraded to the Walt Suite. She felt better resting in that suite lol.

Sorry you were not feeling well. Yep that’s a trip ruiner!

Hope your next one is great! What dates? I’ll be wdw 5/25-27.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter