Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Staying at BLT - Lake View on rented points 7/20 - 7/27. :)

Going to Keys to the Kingdom Tour one day at 8:00 am. I should be able to walk over - saving the 1-1/2 hr travel time they tell you on the phone - to what - 10-15 mins max?

I am so not a morning person - but the opportunity to take photos of the park without people in them (which my software tries to face identify every single one) tempted me.

It will be my third Keys tour - love geeking out with other WDWphiles.

I was wondering what drinks are available at CR for refillable mugs, we really love the pomegranate lemonade and hope it's available.

I haven't stayed at CR since September so I'm bumping your question, @bitbonkers.

Staying at the Disney's Contemporary Resort-Standard Room - Club Level for the 1st time in December! So excited. Anything I need to know before we go? Thanks!

Congratulations on booking your first stay, @ckwats. What view did you book?

I just saw this on the Disney site - is Yoga new? so bummed we arrive on a Friday and check out on Monday! I would love to start my Disney day with yoga!
View attachment 232473

Thank you for posting about this new feature, @LisaCM614.

So, we checked into our room
at the Contemporary yesterday evening. Unfortunately, our bathroom was pretty disgusting and there was trash left in our room.
This was sad as it was the first time I've ever had to say anything to management here. They came up and cleaned it, but then we went to take a shower and it would not drain. A bunch of hair and black stuff started coming up in the tub. So, we had to call house keeping again. Then, we were trying to enjoy our TPV balcony, but large amounts of smoke were coming into our room/balcony. As it turned out the people below us are quite the smokers and security went over there, but they kept doing it. (Feel sorry for the people that get that room next!) Anyways, sad to say it has been less than magical so far. However, here is to hoping the rest of the trip is great! :))

How was the rest of your trip? ITA that what you experienced was totally unsatisfactory.

Staying at BLT October 16th-20th, then again the 23rd-27th :ccat:

Yippee! I'll log your dates, @LowesChevy.

Hi everyone, great thread, thanks for all the information and tips. We are planning our first stay at CR this fall. This resort was never on my must do list, but it looks like the best fit for my family this trip and I'm looking forward to it. We are booked in TPV and I am really looking forward to a balcony and windows I can leave open, also no one will be walking by and looking in. :-) We have been staying at Pop the last few trips. The only way to get some fresh air in the room there is to prop your room door open and watch all your neighbors walk by and look at you funny. :-).

Couple questions, the atrium, not sure what to call it, but the center of the building, can get very noisy. Do you hear any of that noise in the room? Also, does anyone have problems with the height? I'm not a big fan of being up high. I was thinking of requesting a lower floor. But I don't know how that effects the view? If we are paying for Theme park view, I don't want to mess that up by making a bad request. Thanks!

I'm about a quarter way through the thread and I'm taking notes. Thanks all.

Welcome to the thread, @Michblue.

So how successful have people been getting a ground floor room request in the garden wing? We check in next Saturday and are booked for garden wing standard view.

We are really hoping for the ground floor because our daughter goes to bed early and we'd love to have some wind down time on the patio without worrying about waking her. I've done the online check in with our request and our TA has also called and put in a request (along with a request for a mini crib).

Just wondering if you ended up getting your request fulfilled, @BuckeyeGirl24?

Please add us to the Log-o-rail! We'll be at the Tower Club July 13-18.
Can't wait!! pixiedust:
Ma, Pa, and the Boy

I'd be happy to add you and congratulations on booking your first Tower Club stay, @Wheelwatcher :)

Please add my daughter and I. June 9-12, currently garden wing room (first time in over 10 years) unless TPV opens up

I'll get your dates logged, @rcraw45425 :)

Does anyone know what the May specialty cupcake at Contempo Cafe is?

Bumping your question, @WDW*Fan.

A little late to the game, but we'll be checking into the Contemporary, Garden Wing, Standard View on TUESDAY!!

We've been to Disney several times, but this will be our first time staying on site!

I hope you're having a wonderful first onsite stay, @CatPack.

Staying at BLT - Lake View on rented points 7/20 - 7/27. :)

Going to Keys to the Kingdom Tour one day at 8:00 am. I should be able to walk over - saving the 1-1/2 hr travel time they tell you on the phone - to what - 10-15 mins max?

I am so not a morning person - but the opportunity to take photos of the park without people in them (which my software tries to face identify every single one) tempted me.

It will be my third Keys tour - love geeking out with other WDWphiles.

I'll log your dates, @JARNJ3. Yes, the walk is about 10-15 minutes:)

Checking into a TPV grand villa on Saturday! First time staying in the villas - we've stayed in the tower many times. Very excited!!!

Dang, I really am going to be in the world the same time as you! :-)

Hope you have a great trip and enjoy something new! :thumbsup2

Checking into a TPV grand villa on Saturday! First time staying in the villas - we've stayed in the tower many times. Very excited!!!

How exciting, @Regan117! Enjoy!

Another trip to WDW, @GADisneyDad14?! You and @Regan117 should be in a very special frequent (CL) stayer club. I hope you have (another) great trip!

Thanks! We have a triple split this time - grand villas at BLT, GF and AKL Jambo for the family, and my husband and I are breaking off from the group a few days in each place for RPC at GF for two days and CL at AKL for two days. Everyone else will be "roughing it" in the grand villa lol.

Have a great trip!!! And stop following me! LOL

Another trip to WDW, @GADisneyDad14?! You and @Regan117 should be in a very special frequent (CL) stayer club. I hope you have (another) great trip!

I'm just trying to keep up with @Regan117!

Actually just a two night trip for me this time. The Pandora AP preview was just tempting enough for me to bite, so that's the sole purpose of the trip. I tried to get an Atrium Club room but nothing was available, so having to 'settle' with Poly. :sad:

:-):-)

Actually just a two night trip for me this time. The Pandora AP preview was just tempting enough for me to bite, so that's the sole purpose of the trip. I tried to get an Atrium Club room but nothing was available, so having to 'settle' with Poly. :sad:

Life is hard...settling at the Poly lol.

Enjoy the AP preview! I will be there Wednesday. I don't even like Avatar yet I'm irrationally excited to see Pandora.

I'm assuming this is King Kamehameha though? If you have to suffer way over there on 7SL, I hope that you at least have a good view from the lounge;)

I'm assuming this is King Kamehameha though? If you have to suffer way over there on 7SL, I hope that you at least have a good view from the lounge;)

No comment. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Seperately, do you keep up with the CL thread? I posted a bunch of pics from our recent Tower Club stay over there several weeks ago. You likely don't need them but feel free to grab any for page 1 purposes if helpful. I can find the link to my post if needed, just let me know. :-)

GADisneyDad14, are y'all in ATL? We're in Columbus and I feel like we are on the same cycle, about every three months or so :lmao:

Quick question for anyone that has stayed recently. Have they added CokeFreestyle machine to the Contempo Cafe? I'm seeing where they have at the moderates like CBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter