Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

So I'm obviously envisioning a very different trip...whether we like it or not, there won't be all our typical late nights, loooong days, go go go mentality. Everything going on is on one hand putting a damper on our 1st deluxe stay, but on the other hand I'm thinking we will actually have time to slow down and spend time at our 1st deluxe lol. Normally we stay at a value because we're never there except to sleep.

We're in a garden wing garden view, hoping for a ground floor. With resort hopping off the table, I'm wondering what to do during our downtime. We will do the pool, but probably not a lot if it starts getting really crowded. I envision some nice walks around the resort, sitting outside. But wondering about keeping the kids busy-I think arcades will be closed etc. Wondering if there will still be resort activities, and looking for simple cheap entertainment packing ideas...maybe some glow stuff for outside the room at night? My youngest got the Disney Eye Found It card game for his birthday that we haven't played yet, that might be something tiny to bring along. Any ideas out there for active kids who are used to a packed trip?

Maybe some dining reservations at Disney Spring kid friendly restaurants like rainforest or T Rex. We are bringing our 16 month old dgs for the first time and that’s what we did

With resort hopping off the table, I'm wondering what to do during our downtime.
Limited resort hopping is still alive for open resorts. You just need to have dining reservation during the initial opening stage. We will know more once the CR tower and Garden wing open on July 10, and MK & AK open open on July 11.

Dave

Limited resort hopping is still alive for open resorts. You just need to have dining reservation during the initial opening stage. We will know more once the CR tower and Garden wing open on July 10, and MK & AK open open on July 11.

Dave
I hope they allow resort hopping after the parks open. I would like to eat at Geyser Point when we are there.

Does anyone know if CR has a foosball table? My DD and I played a lot of foosball when we stayed at BWI. It was by the pool. Or maybe a pool table or ping pong?

Does anyone know if CR has a foosball table? My DD and I played a lot of foosball when we stayed at BWI. It was by the pool. Or maybe a pool table or ping pong?
The do have one at BLT, but in a recent video it was closed. Other outdoor activities were open but you get sanitized supplies in Community Hall in resort (basketballs, tennis racquets etc)

maybe thoroughly cleaning foosball would be too hard?

The do have one at BLT, but in a recent video it was closed. Other outdoor activities were open but you get sanitized supplies in Community Hall in resort (basketballs, tennis racquets etc)

maybe thoroughly cleaning foosball would be too hard?
Is it in a BLT area that is just for DVC guests (like the pool)? Or in an area that is open to anyone?

The handles are high-touch, but could be sanitized/wiped down.

Is it in a BLT area that is just for DVC guests (like the pool)? Or in an area that is open to anyone?

The handles are high-touch, but could be sanitized/wiped down.
I don’t honestly know, I just remember watching a video and they specifically mentioned foosball was covered up.

Anyone currently at CR Order any grocery delivery? We are hoping to use GG the end of July.

I saw on another thread that you said you ordered. I’ve never ordered grocery delivery to a Disney resort but plan to this time, I need to get on that!

I guess resort delivery will operate as it normally does?

I saw on another thread that you said you ordered. I’ve never ordered grocery delivery to a Disney resort but plan to this time, I need to get on that!

I guess resort delivery will operate as it normally does?
Garden Grocer is expensive! But I have used them three times with no problems. They posted on social media the they are still allowed to drop order off at Bell Services. In the past I have called Bell Services and they delivered it to my room . They keep your cold purchases refrigerated. They usually have a specific delivery time at each resort, it’s usually a window. Not sure if this time we will need to grab ourselves from bell service . I guess I will find out 7/31.

Garden Grocer is expensive! But I have used them three times with no problems. They posted on social media the they are still allowed to drop order off at Bell Services. In the past I have called Bell Services and they delivered it to my room . They keep your cold purchases refrigerated. They usually have a specific delivery time at each resort, it’s usually a window. Not sure if this time we will need to grab ourselves from bell service . I guess I will find out 7/31.
I don't remember where, but I think I read somewhere that you had to be present to receive you delivery. I could be wrong. Do you think I could call CR directly once they open and ask if a delivery can be dropped off?

I don't remember where, but I think I read somewhere that you had to be present to receive you delivery. I could be wrong. Do you think I could call CR directly once they open and ask if a delivery can be dropped off?
Garden Grocer is posting in their FB page they are still able to drop off at Bell Service.
They said they went to individual resorts to verify. You can read about it on their website. My thoughts are we probably have to pick up from Bell Service once we get there.

Garden Grocer is posting in their FB page they are still able to drop off at Bell Service.
They said they went to individual resorts to verify. You can read about it on their website. My thoughts are we probably have to pick up from Bell Service once we get there.
Thank you for the info! We usually drive and I swing by a market and buy more than we can possibly eat during a stay. This time we are flying so I thought that I'd give GG a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter