Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I keep reading about so many quests receiving pixie dust/upgrades from the garden wind to the main tower...is anyone in the garden wing now lol? That's where we're currently booked (garden view) in about a week. I'm actually hoping to stay in the garden wing as we were hoping for ground floor and the reports of long elevator waits scare me. We have a stroller age little one who often gets carried back at the end of the day and we usually stay ground floor. And without fireworks, it seems like a big theme park view perk is gone. Anyone there now or recent experience? Thanks!

I keep reading about so many quests receiving pixie dust/upgrades from the garden wind to the main tower...is anyone in the garden wing now lol? That's where we're currently booked (garden view) in about a week. I'm actually hoping to stay in the garden wing as we were hoping for ground floor and the reports of long elevator waits scare me. We have a stroller age little one who often gets carried back at the end of the day and we usually stay ground floor. And without fireworks, it seems like a big theme park view perk is gone. Anyone there now or recent experience? Thanks!
We arrive the 31st and agree ,we hope to stay in the garden wing. We prefer the quietness and no elevator approach too. The only request I made was near the main tower for walking distance to the restaurants since we have numerous breakfasts booked. Hope you have a fantastic trip!😄

Just curious if anyone has had luck with floor requests at BLT since it re-opened. Given the elevator delays was thinking of trying to request a 1st or 5th floor room to open up some options....only our 2nd time at BLT (yes I'm a lowly resale DVC contract) and the first time last year admittedly didn't care about anything but getting a TP view.... now tho, ease of access, in/out options seems like the better route. Is ~5 days prior to arrival still a good time to call on something like that?
Do you have a standard reserved? You'll need a standard reservation to get a lower floor. Just ask MS to add your request to your reservation. There is no calling, other than calling MS to add it, the resort to put in a request. Just email if the wait to talk to MS is too long. They usually get back to me within a few days. Include your reservation number with your request. And they will tell you that it is just a request and not guaranteed.

So anything you liked of BLT? Edited :just read you moved to poly. I know you love it there.!

I’m disappointed I had to lose my blt but I switched from GV to Deluxe room this Morning,

Here it is for those wondering.

View attachment 511335
Quick question- did they give you a problem making the switch with your recovery booking? A Polynesian Deluxe Studio opened up, which would work better for us with the 2 bathrooms, and I’m waiting for a higher up to call me back since the cm I spoke to is telling me since it’s a recovery booking I’m not allowed to make any changes. Doesn’t sound right to me. We were supposed to be at GF and YC originally- I told the cm it’s not that we decided to change resorts- the resorts shut down. After 20 years of going to Disney I have to say I’m disappointed in this customer service!

Quick question- did they give you a problem making the switch with your recovery booking? A Polynesian Deluxe Studio opened up, which would work better for us with the 2 bathrooms, and I’m waiting for a higher up to call me back since the cm I spoke to is telling me since it’s a recovery booking I’m not allowed to make any changes. Doesn’t sound right to me. We were supposed to be at GF and YC originally- I told the cm it’s not that we decided to change resorts- the resorts shut down. After 20 years of going to Disney I have to say I’m disappointed in this customer service!
The Polynesian studio really doesn't have two bathrooms, just two bathing areas. Still only one toilet. It sleeps five.

I called and was allowed to change the blt 2 br to a 1 br. They said not supposed to but I asked if they could check and they did.

In the end I canceled that because AP price was far better,

I was told that the room switch due to a closed resort is “price protected” on only the first move. If I change it resorts again then the price will be quoted at the current rack or any currently available discounts rates.

Do the BLT elevators suffer the same congestion as CR? I have personally experienced the jams and inconsiderate guest @ CR, and that was with 5 elevators running!

Last edited:
On site guests. Is the service at Contempo Cafe running smoothly?
Are the morning buses improving?
Contempo Cafe is, well, running. They seem a little short staffed in the kitchen. Mobile orders take 10-15 min. Hardly anybody eating in the restaurant. And it is eerily quiet with Chef Mickey closed after breakfast. The menu has been reduced.

In our experience the morning busses are fine. Getting back is really problematic. For our 2 days at DHS, the busses started running at 8:50 and 9:05. And there were at least 3 busses in quick succession. We got to the bus stop at 8:40 and were on the 2nd and 3rd bus. The lines quickly grew after we arrived. The Epcot bus was timely as well. I didn’t notice the time because we weren’t trying for rope drop there.

FYI for DHS. We arrived both days around 9:30-9:40. If you are a Toy Story fan I recommend going to SDD first. It opened for us at 9:50 and we rode TSMM by 10:05. We secured RofR reservations while in line for TSMM. We tried the other order and it took 20 min longer to ride both.

The Polynesian studio really doesn't have two bathrooms, just two bathing areas. Still only one toilet. It sleeps five.
The two showers are nice though. Saved us a lot of time getting ready in the morning. I don’t know why they didn’t just add a toilet to the second one.

I was told that the room switch due to a closed resort is “price protected” on only the first move. If I change it resorts again then the price will be quoted at the current rack or any currently available discounts rates.

Do the BLT elevators suffer the same congestion as CR? I have personally experienced the jams and inconsiderate guest @ CR, and that was with 5 elevators running!
There are six elevators, three towards each end of the building.

Contempo Cafe is, well, running. They seem a little short staffed in the kitchen. Mobile orders take 10-15 min. Hardly anybody eating in the restaurant. And it is eerily quiet with Chef Mickey closed after breakfast. The menu has been reduced.

In our experience the morning busses are fine. Getting back is really problematic. For our 2 days at DHS, the busses started running at 8:50 and 9:05. And there were at least 3 busses in quick succession. We got to the bus stop at 8:40 and were on the 2nd and 3rd bus. The lines quickly grew after we arrived. The Epcot bus was timely as well. I didn’t notice the time because we weren’t trying for rope drop there.

FYI for DHS. We arrived both days around 9:30-9:40. If you are a Toy Story fan I recommend going to SDD first. It opened for us at 9:50 and we rode TSMM by 10:05. We secured RofR reservations while in line for TSMM. We tried the other order and it took 20 min longer to ride both.
Thanks for the great information! What time do you need to be at the bus stop to get on one of the first two HS buses? I am usually a belly up RD type person and have no problem getting to the bus stop super early.🙂

If I was in line for SDD and the time to try to sign up for a VQ was approaching, is it possible to step to the side and let people pass? It would be unnerving to be on the ride and miss the sign up. But I don't want to be a problematic person just standing there when others are trying to distance.

Thank you !!!! Great trip report . Any other info appreciated. Stay safe😁

Thanks for the great information! What time do you need to be at the bus stop to get on one of the first two HS buses? I am usually a belly up RD type person and have no problem getting to the bus stop super early.🙂

If I was in line for SDD and the time to try to sign up for a VQ was approaching, is it possible to step to the side and let people pass? It would be unnerving to be on the ride and miss the sign up. But I don't want to be a problematic person just standing there when others are trying to distance.
Both DHS days we left our room at 8:30 and were at the bus stop at 8:40. We got the 2nd and 3rd bus. To be extra safe - maybe be at the bus stop at 8:30?

We saw people in both the SDD and TSMM que that pulled out of line to get ready for RotR. You definitely can do that.

Some tips for RotR. Force close the Disney app sometime that morning and restart the app. You don’t want the app to hang. Also ignore the notifications over the loudspeakers. Look at the time on your cell phone and click join at 10:00:00. And finally, eliminate any friends and family not on your trip. When you select join it asks you to select your party. There is a select all button which is a lot quicker than choosing people individually. We got BG9 on Thursday and BG5 yesterday. Good luck!

Both DHS days we left our room at 8:30 and were at the bus stop at 8:40. We got the 2nd and 3rd bus. To be extra safe - maybe be at the bus stop at 8:30?

We saw people in both the SDD and TSMM que that pulled out of line to get ready for RotR. You definitely can do that.

Some tips for RotR. Force close the Disney app sometime that morning and restart the app. You don’t want the app to hang. Also ignore the notifications over the loudspeakers. Look at the time on your cell phone and click join at 10:00:00. And finally, eliminate any friends and family not on your trip. When you select join it asks you to select your party. There is a select all button which is a lot quicker than choosing people individually. We got BG9 on Thursday and BG5 yesterday. Good luck!
Thank you so much!! Great advice!!

Yes and no. The policy now is 1 party per elevator car. It also says “or 4 people” but I’m not on board with that. Occupancy is so low that we rarely encountered anybody else when calling for an elevator. Maybe 3 times we had to wait for another car. But that is the same as pre-covid.

We arrived here in 7/16 and leaving 7/30. Each day the resort seems to be getting busier. Yesterday at EPCOT and crowds were extremely low. Contempo Cafe offerings very limited. Food at Cali Grill and the Wave have been very good. For dinner last night we ate at the Wave. I had a Cesar salad and "Bacon and Eggs" for my main. It was sooooo good. If you have questions I will try to help you. Today is lunch at Sanaa and AK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter