Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Would you all think it is better to walk to MK, or take the monorail? Not worried about the steps, just keeping it easy, low stress.

Thanks

We took the walkway yesterday and it was amazing! Quick easy walk, no one waiting at all at either temperature check or security. We breezed through everything and in about 10 min we were scanning our MB. Haven't taken the monorail yet, but couldn't ask for anything more as far as the walkway goes.

Would you all think it is better to walk to MK, or take the monorail? Not worried about the steps, just keeping it easy, low stress.

Thanks
Definitely walk. The monorail goes MK--CR--Poly--TTC--GF--MK, so it's not a direct stop to the MK. The walk was maybe 10-15 minutes max at a chill pace, bag check was a walk-up last time I went. It was so nice when the park closed and just being able to slowly walk back to the resort and not have to fight to get a bus/monorail back, especially now that everything is being limited due to social distancing. If you're also staying at BLT it is a little bit less of backtracking, since you need to go to the CR to get the monorail instead of going to the BLT lobby and walking out to the walkway.

So, we booked garden wing garden view and I just got my room assignment -- they're putting us in a 2 bedroom at BLT. Is there something going on with the garden wing because that's an insane upgrade.
We have a GW/GV room for Aug.4-5. Based on reports I'm now fully expecting to not be in the Garden wing ha. What kind of view did you get at BLT? I was kinda looking forward to the quiet and serenity of GW but wouldn't look an upgrade gift horse in the mouth!

Hi, all! I've booked a room at CR for a late September stay, but I keep flip-flopping between TPV and Lake View but I know I definitely want to stay in the main tower. I apologize if this was asked before, but is there any benefit to TPV right now without any nighttime spectacular, such as fireworks or the EWP? They're so similar in price because of the AP discount, but I can't decide which would be the better pick at the moment. It'll be our first time staying there!

Well a Bay Lake view is nice if you like to watch the sun rise over the lake or look down at the pool activities. A TPV is nice for sitting on the balcony and watching the sun go down or looking at the MK or the Poly, and GF across the Seven Seas Lagoon.

Note: under normal operation the EWP also goes by on Bay Lake so it can be seen from either side of the CR tower.

Dave

Well a Bay Lake view is nice if you like to watch the sun rise over the lake or look down at the pool activities. A TPV is nice for sitting on the balcony and watching the sun go down or looking at the MK or the Poly, and GF across the Seven Seas Lagoon.

Note: under normal operation the EWP also goes by on Bay Lake so it can be seen from either side of the CR tower.

Dave
Ohh okay great, thank you for the insight!! Had no idea about that fact about the EWP. This will be a more relaxed trip so the appeal of walking to MK is awesome and from the sound of it, the sights of the TPV across the lagoon seem to be better than that of the lake view.

Staying at the CR at the end of Sept. Was inquiring if the Monorail to EPCOT was open. Saw a post on 7/15 that it was not, but have been told by a CM that it was. Curious what those who have been there recently have experienced?

Staying at the CR at the end of Sept. Was inquiring if the Monorail to EPCOT was open. Saw a post on 7/15 that it was not, but have been told by a CM that it was. Curious what those who have been there recently have experienced?
I just saw again today that that monorail isn't running at all. It's buses.

Ohh okay great, thank you for the insight!! Had no idea about that fact about the EWP. This will be a more relaxed trip so the appeal of walking to MK is awesome and from the sound of it, the sights of the TPV across the lagoon seem to be better than that of the lake view.
I enjoy seeing GF and Poly too. I tend to stay on the mono and enjoy seeing the resorts .

Hands down we prefer TPV. I enjoy watching the monorail, buses , boats come and go!

However it’s the SOUNDS that is what really gets me. Love to sit outside and soak it all in.

FYI request an odd # room to see castle from your bed👍

How long is mobile ordering for Contempo Cafe running? Trying to plan out how long I need to account for waiting .
Also , any improvement on elevators?

The contemporary has discovered a way to limit the hours you spend at the pool - they play sting’s, “If I ever lose my faith in you” every 10 min and you leave because you can’t take it anymore. Sometimes they throw in a little Alanis, but mostly just Sting.😂
It really is strange because they’ll play quiet instrumental music for a long time, then the Sting song, loudly, over and over. They did it before closing last night. It has to drive the lifeguards crazy.
(I’m staying at BLT, face the contemporary, and have an infant that naps best in a crib, so am spending a lot of time on the balcony).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter