• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Only recently started staying at CR, but we have stopped in there many times over the years. I’m also annoyed how limited the menu at Contempo Cafe is & thought there had been much more years ago. I wasn’t sure if I was remembering wrong so thanks for confirming it’s not just me.

Only recently started staying at CR, but we have stopped in there many times over the years. I’m also annoyed how limited the menu at Contempo Cafe is & thought there had been much more years ago. I wasn’t sure if I was remembering wrong so thanks for confirming it’s not just me.

Yes, the menu is very limited. We were there in August and decided one night to grab a bite there because we had no reservations anywhere. We were quite disappointed with the offerings. The food was not bad, my DH loved his sandwich.
We stayed at CR also a few years ago, before Covid, and the menu was bigger.

I'm thinking the limited menu is because of not enough staff.

Sand Bar used to have an awesome quesadilla on the menu years ago, but for whatever reason it disappeared.

The severe lack of options at Contempo and Sand Bar bug me to no end. It’s like they slashed things at reopening never to return. Contempo used to be pretty solid overall, IMHO.

Someday they will build a Geyser Point-esque real waterfront dining option and all will be right in the world.
A Geyser Point type dining option would be so nice. Contempo does seem to be my biggest disappointment at CR. Our two stays at BLT were post Covid so we never got to experience Contempo when they had more options.

Yes, the menu is very limited. We were there in August and decided one night to grab a bite there because we had no reservations anywhere. We were quite disappointed with the offerings. The food was not bad, my DH loved his sandwich.
We stayed at CR also a few years ago, before Covid, and the menu was bigger.

I'm thinking the limited menu is because of not enough staff.
Did DH get the turkey sandwich? I thought it was pretty good. The flatbread was disappointing to me.

Just booked a tower room for late august. I noticed it says one king bed or two queens but there’s no way at all to request a king. I called and put my request in but I honestly have very little faith in getting it since there’s no way to confirm that request was actually put in. Anyone have luck getting a king in the tower?

Just booked a tower room for late august. I noticed it says one king bed or two queens but there’s no way at all to request a king. I called and put my request in but I honestly have very little faith in getting it since there’s no way to confirm that request was actually put in. Anyone have luck getting a king in the tower?
I did in the garden wing once . They don’t have many but requesting helps . If you get to your room and it’s not a king don’t touch anything and ask at check in. I have had luck that way sometimes if room IS available .

Last edited:
Is the pool going to be open by June?
We checked out on 4/1. On 3/31 they were actively working on the pool. Workers were grouting the tile edge, and the rest of the pool looked refinished, although empty of water. I did not talk to anyone to confirm a date. The splash pad outside the gates was open.

Some pool updates...looks like just the usual bottom refinishing and side tile refurbishing, nothing particularly notable as expected. I was told mid April completion but obviously take that with a grain of salt. No idea how long it takes to get things up and running once refilled. Website still states "early April".

Friday...
IMG_2030.jpeg

Sunday AM.....
IMG_2122.jpeg

Sunday PM
IMG_2153.jpeg

Monday AM...
IMG_2164.jpeg

Last edited:
Is the BLT pool closed as well or just the main pool.
No just CR main pool. If you at blt you can walk over to use the facilities at CR. However, CR guests can not access BLT.
Also, any other refurbs going on here that I should know about? Won’t be there until November
Not at this time but WDW often makes last minute announcements so just keep an eye out just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter