Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved the new pictures, I might be strange but I'm actually excited about staying during construction. I would love to get to glimpse a little of the how they go about it. To be fair, I'm the daughter of an engineer and spent a lot of my youth at construction sites and road sites so it all fascinates me. Also to be fair, we are only there for two nights of a split stay so it's not big deal for us. Oddly enough, our move is to BW, which is also undergoing renovation so there is that.

Now I'm getting nervous...we just got an email about there being construction...
We also put in a request to stay as close to El Centro/Pepper Market as possible (was this a stupid idea?) I've never stayed at Coronado and I'm a little unsure.

Now I'm getting nervous...we just got an email about there being construction...
We also put in a request to stay as close to El Centro/Pepper Market as possible (was this a stupid idea?) I've never stayed at Coronado and I'm a little unsure.

The construction and renovations shouldn't disturb your trip too much or any at all. It was going on while we were there last week and other than noticing some walled off areas and the occasional piece of construction equipment we hardly noticed!

Just called. I am staying CSR from 4/15-4/18. They had rooms at POR available, but for an up-charge. The CM had thanked me previously for being an AP holder, so I said that b/c we're looking to travel down there more, we'd like to keep this trip as low-cost as possible. Also called out the fact that while it's only 80-100 more, that'd be the price of a meal.

She didn't budge. Not even FP+s. My past few conversations have been disappointing and I'm still stuck at CSR, which I feel as though will be a disappointment. Flights are booked, so there's no turning back now.

Just called. I am staying CSR from 4/15-4/18. They had rooms at POR available, but for an up-charge. The CM had thanked me previously for being an AP holder, so I said that b/c we're looking to travel down there more, we'd like to keep this trip as low-cost as possible. Also called out the fact that while it's only 80-100 more, that'd be the price of a meal.

She didn't budge. Not even FP+s. My past few conversations have been disappointing and I'm still stuck at CSR, which I feel as though will be a disappointment. Flights are booked, so there's no turning back now.

I think you'll be fine at CSR for that time frame. Amenities will still be available to you at the very least! As the year wears on the construction will obviously get more involved. But I think you'll be ok for that time frame, just my opinion though.

Not really. As I overlay the two photos, it stays within the existing paths and roadways. And yes, when the construction gears up, walkway closures to be expected.

2ij1clf.jpg

Point missed I guess. The overlay clearly shows the construction site is taking all land right up/at lake and Disney themselves say walkways will be closed. As soon as the demo on Cabanas is done it won't take long to put up the fencing and the walkway will be gone.

To build the floating gardens which appear may be that bank of land, maybe removing it? and to add an island in the middle of the lake "island oasis" ... pathways will not be able to be used.

Guests at Cabanas are going to be impacted sooner than later. Guests in Ranchos will lose their path to El Centro that is the fastest.

Just returned last night from a 6 night stay at CSR. Overall we had a great trip but there were a few things that make me somewhat hesitant to return.

Out of the 4 model rooms, we were "lucky" enough to get one (Casitas 4, room 4150). DH really liked it but I wasn't a big fan. The decor is too modern for my taste and doesn't seem to fit the resort at all. There is no bath tub, just a walk in shower (I know a lot of people prefer these but I really like having a tub). No carpet, just an odd colored fake wood floor. Obviously it was a model so I don't know how much of that room made it in to the final design.

Mousekeeping was not great either. They didn't replenish the coffee, cups or the bags for the ice bucket.

Also, the we were unable to turn the thermostat below 68 degrees. I have never heard of this policy at any other resort. That is just not a comfortable temperature when trying to sleep. DH was able to find a video on YouTube and figured out how to override it to get it down a few degrees, however it still always felt a little too hot and humid.

No other major complaints. Bus service was fantastic as usual. DD7 had a great time at the pool.

Regarding your issue with the AC, we had the same problem this past Jan at AKL. I called maintenance and they said it should go down to 65 degrees, that something was wrong with it. They did fix it while we were out of the room, and after that it worked fine. If that ever happens again, just call to have them fix it.

J

Out of the 4 model rooms, we were "lucky" enough to get one (Casitas 4, room 4150). DH really liked it but I wasn't a big fan. The decor is too modern for my taste and doesn't seem to fit the resort at all. There is no bath tub, just a walk in shower (I know a lot of people prefer these but I really like having a tub). No carpet, just an odd colored fake wood floor. Obviously it was a model so I don't know how much of that room made it in to the final design.

Did you have a ceiling fan?

You can see the tub/stand up shower, two sinks and the ceiling fan (on the right side of the page) coming to the new rooms

2q3mzht.jpg

Today is demolition day for cabana 9b. Those there will get a letter in there room soon.

Regarding your issue with the AC, we had the same problem this past Jan at AKL. I called maintenance and they said it should go down to 65 degrees, that something was wrong with it. They did fix it while we were out of the room, and after that it worked fine. If that ever happens again, just call to have them fix it.

We did. Maintenance came out and said they only go down to 68 degrees and there's nothing they could do. Then we went to the front desk and they told us the same thing.

I stay at csr in October. I've just received an email about the works due to start. I understand that people staying at cbr are getting money back, is it possible to ring about our stay that isn't until Oct?

I stay at csr in October. I've just received an email about the works due to start. I understand that people staying at cbr are getting money back, is it possible to ring about our stay that isn't until Oct?
You're going in Oct and already received an email...? I'm going in July and got nada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter