Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if there is a schedule as to what order buildings will be remodeled? Sounds like building 7 is being remodeled at the moment. What order are the scheduled for remodel?

Will be a CSR beginning of May for the Summit Cheerleading competition. Wondering which building(s) will be done and/or which will be under construction at that time.

Thanks for the help!

@sanibellife - Ranchos are supposed to be first, then Cabanas, and Casitas last. It started with 7A and is now moving to 7B. With the 9B demo, there was a rumor that they might skip to 8A and 8B in order to construction isolated on one side of the resort...I guess we'all have to wait and see if that's true or not.

Got my phone call this afternoon! :worship:Upgraded from CSR business class to Savannah View Club level at AKL! We've stayed there before and never planned to go back but for the Savannah view we're willing to try it again. Here's hoping the buses are better this time around! :rolleyes:

Got my phone call this afternoon! :worship:Upgraded from CSR business class to Savannah View Club level at AKL! We've stayed there before and never planned to go back but for the Savannah view we're willing to try it again. Here's hoping the buses are better this time around! :rolleyes:

I got the call today too. Sept. 1-4. They left a message and I haven't had a chance to call them back. How did they approach it? Did they just say you are staying at AKL now? Its a fabulous upgrade, I'm just curious if anyone has asked about another option. The rooms can be extremely far from the lounge, not to mention they're 2 floors below. I don't want to sound ungrateful because they just as easily could have downgraded us to preferred and gave us the difference but I'm just curious if anyone has asked if that's the only option.

Just got home and checked the answering machine and we got the call too..AKL savannah view club level.Nice to finally know where we're going

I got the call today too. Sept. 1-4. They left a message and I haven't had a chance to call them back. How did they approach it? Did they just say you are staying at AKL now? Its a fabulous upgrade, I'm just curious if anyone has asked about another option. The rooms can be extremely far from the lounge, not to mention they're 2 floors below. I don't want to sound ungrateful because they just as easily could have downgraded us to preferred and gave us the difference but I'm just curious if anyone has asked if that's the only option.
Honestly, I had thought about countering if they called me. The girl was so apologetic on the phone though it threw me off! She said that due to the inconvenience they wanted to give us an upgrade. Savannah view club level is an awesome upgrade from CSR. However, like I've said before I had no need to stay at AKL ever again. I feel like the bus stops are a nightmare, I'm going into this knowing to leave way earlier to hike to the bus than if we were at a moderate and that the booze is included! Frankly, my DH and I were hopeful we'd wind up on the monorail line :upsidedow pipe dreams!!!

Wondering if there is a schedule as to what order buildings will be remodeled? Sounds like building 7 is being remodeled at the moment. What order are the scheduled for remodel?

Will be a CSR beginning of May for the Summit Cheerleading competition. Wondering which building(s) will be done and/or which will be under construction at that time.

Thanks for the help!
It was supposed to be but the order got changed. Buzz has a list on his Facebook page.

Order is Rancho 7a and then was supposed to be 7b but they changed it and it is moving to cabana 8a next, then 8b and then 9a.

Checking in April 5th. Was hesitant to keep our reservation at this resort since it's my Mom's first time at Disney! I thought I read online that building 4 was completed, but looking through here it looks like I should try and request building 7? Hoping to get lucky and stay in a refurb room. Anyone have any pointers? We don't mind walking at all, so that is not a deal breaker for us. I have yet to decide if we're doing the dining plan, so we may not have the refillable mugs to refill.

Trying to figure out our room request fax. Do all corner rooms have two windows?

Also, does anyone know what is in some of the empty areas of the buildings? I'm looking at the 3rd floor of 7a and there are a few spots where there are just no rooms. Is that storage? Housekeeping spots?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 11.28.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 11.28.55 PM.png
    420.6 KB · Views: 25
I sent Disney an email a few weeks ago concerning the construction. We are going for a relaxing, lots of pool time trip for my Moms 61st birthday. When I first called about the construction I called and was only offerred a downgrade or to switch to POR for $300 more. While $300 is hardly a deal breaker I didn't feel it was fair to have to pay more to get the same amenities I had already paid for, only without construction noise. They finally called me back a few days ago and asked me about my concerns. I explained, was told that the person calling me back had been down to the pool area of CSR a few days ago and that you could definitely hear construction noise. They offerred to move us to POR, without additional charges, and upgrade our room from standard to garden view. We are very pleased with the outcome. So, for everyone not getting anywhere with transfers, keep emailing!

Thank you Chasingleslie and Olaf! That is very helpful!

So it sounds like the cabana buildings will be under construction when we go in May. We will be there May 3-8. I was planning on requesting one of the cabana buildings but now I don't think so. Definitely want a room within a 5 minute walk to El Centro and in a quieter location. Looking to be fairly close to El Centro because I believe that is where the Summit buses will pick us up to take us to ESPN. Which buildings would you request?

Thanks

Lunaland! Good for you! Hope you have a wonderful vacation. Happy birthday to your Mom.

Some noticeable wear on the dark wood furniture but really they are still in good shape for 8 years old

Trying to figure out our room request fax. Do all corner rooms have two windows?

Also, does anyone know what is in some of the empty areas of the buildings? I'm looking at the 3rd floor of 7a and there are a few spots where there are just no rooms. Is that storage? Housekeeping spots?
Almost all do, yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter