Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys - 164 days until our arrival! The way my partner and I holiday is spending a good chunk of the morning and early afternoon in the parks and then head back to the resort for a nap, returning to the parks late afternoon. We've booked a standard room at Coronado - which area should we request to minimise travel times to/from the parks? I'm thinking in terms of walking to the bus stop, waiting for bus, stopping at other stops etc.
I've made a note in my planner to 'request Cabanas 8A' but did that months ago and now can't remember why.
I would highly recommend Ranchos building 7A. We just returned from a week at Coronado. Beautiful resort. We were in building seven a Ranchos on the backside of the building very very close to the bus stop. Never had to wait long for a bus and the bus was never crowded when it got to us

We are staying here in less than 2 weeks (eek!). We have never stayed here. We usually stay at the values due to their only being one bus stop in the complex. My son is in a wheelchair and getting on and off with the chair when there are people on the bus can be tricky. Can anyone share if they have done this before and tips or tricks? This is the main thing that I am concerned about over our entire trip!! We may try to use the minnie van for early morning reservations...
Just returned, my sister was also in a wheelchair. They were very accommodating we were the first to board the bus both at the hotel and in the parks

I’m seeing conflicting reports about Lyft pickups at CSR. I asked once before, and was told you can be picked up right at your building, but others (non-DIS) have now said only in front of the lobby. Does anyone have recent personal experience (ie within the last month or two) using Lyft at CSR?

We were picked up and dropped off at our building in Ranchos on the Saturday after Thanksgiving using the Minnie Van service through Lyft. However that is with the Minnie Vans which are owned/operated by Disney but hailed through Lyft.

I could see how security may require you to be picked up at the tower. If memory serves me correctly, the guard shack is on the entrance to the tower and not the loop that goes around the resort. I think there is a gate to gain access to the loop that you have to use your magic band to open. They should be able to drop you off at your building since you can tap your band to open the gate, but I picking up would be an issue.

I’m seeing conflicting reports about Lyft pickups at CSR. I asked once before, and was told you can be picked up right at your building, but others (non-DIS) have now said only in front of the lobby. Does anyone have recent personal experience (ie within the last month or two) using Lyft at CSR?
I was looking for this exact issue this morning
From what I could tell you have to band in to reach the various buildings. Only the tower is accessible by a guard shack
If that is correct then yes, you can only be picked up at the tower. You can be dropped off at your building because you are there to scan in

Minnie Van is different because they can scan in for themselves. Private drivers not staying there can’t

I would highly recommend Ranchos building 7A. We just returned from a week at Coronado. Beautiful resort. We were in building seven a Ranchos on the backside of the building very very close to the bus stop. Never had to wait long for a bus and the bus was never crowded when it got to us

I agree. 7A is GREAT. Near a bus stop, beautiful and very quiet. We had a corner room which was even better. Just keep in mind the bus route. Stop 4 is 3rd stop for pick-up and drop-off. Only issue we had was some buses were full and bypassed us for morning pick-up. This was during Christmas rush so it might be better when u go.

Can anyone tell me if all of the rooms in Casitas building 4 and/or 5 have been renovated? That is DW and I's favorite area to stay in because it is close to El Centro, a quiet pool, and transportation, but after seeing the renovations we are hoping to get one of those rooms because they look great.

Also, does anyone have any experience bathing an infant (10 months) in the new shower only rooms? This is our first trip with a little one and we are just trying to wrap our heads around that process. Thank you for any info.

Can anyone tell me if all of the rooms in Casitas building 4 and/or 5 have been renovated? That is DW and I's favorite area to stay in because it is close to El Centro, a quiet pool, and transportation, but after seeing the renovations we are hoping to get one of those rooms because they look great.

All rooms have been completed.

Also, does anyone have any experience bathing an infant (10 months) in the new shower only rooms? This is our first trip with a little one and we are just trying to wrap our heads around that process. Thank you for any info.

I usually go in the shower with my swimsuit on and hold my grandson while my wife helps soap him up. He really loves it and laughs the whole time. I think it kind of tickles a bit since he's not used to that sensation.

I haven't done it but if it helps there was a handheld shower head in our room. You could order, buy local, bring a baby bath tub and bathe them that way

I agree. 7A is GREAT. Near a bus stop, beautiful and very quiet. We had a corner room which was even better. Just keep in mind the bus route. Stop 4 is 3rd stop for pick-up and drop-off. Only issue we had was some buses were full and bypassed us for morning pick-up. This was during Christmas rush so it might be better when u go.
We were lazy on this trip and didn’t leave real early
In the morning usually between 10:00-10:30 so i am sure that’s why the bus was never crowded.

How much do they charge for Garden Grocer deliveries? Is it by weight, or will they charge me per bag? or pack of water/beverages? Or does the delivery go to Bell Services? And then is it the straight, what is it $10.00 charge?

How much do they charge for Garden Grocer deliveries? Is it by weight, or will they charge me per bag? or pack of water/beverages?

Garden Grocer charges $14 delivery fee per order. No charge for orders over $200.

Or does the delivery go to Bell Services?

If your not there, yes they will deliver to Bell Services.

And then is it the straight, what is it $10.00 charge?

If you have Bell Services deliver your order to your room then the resort charges a $6 fee. If you pick it up, no charge.

Anyone have the contact information for the manager at CSR? Specifically at Gran Destino Tower? I know they provide that info in the rooms, but I misplaced mine from a recent stay.

We were picked up by Uber multiple times at the Cabanas bus stop in mid-October. (We were in Ranchos 7A, halfway between Ranchos and Cabanas bus stop, but always opted to get on at Cabanas since it was the next to last stop before going to parks).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter