Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which rooms/buildings are Preferred rooms? We did a standard room last time and were in the Ranchos. Nice new room but a bit of a walk to actually use much in the main area. We just booked CSR again selected a Preferred room this time.
Casitas 1, 2, & 3 are preferred. Though honestly now that check in and other amenities are in the tower, Cabanas is nice because it's closer to the main pool and tower. Cabanas is standard.

Wondering this as well. Checking into GDT on 11/2...

I think there were rumors rumbling that CSR/GDT may not open post-NBA?
I had heard a rumor that only GDT would be open along with the main pool and perhaps one quiet pool as well as the quick service food location and one restaurant. But who really knows? When they announced that they would actually not be opening the Poly like they stated it made me nervous that CSR may not open, too. I'm impatiently awaiting next month to see if they actually open when they're supposed to!

I had heard a rumor that only GDT would be open along with the main pool and perhaps one quiet pool as well as the quick service food location and one restaurant. But who really knows? When they announced that they would actually not be opening the Poly like they stated it made me nervous that CSR may not open, too. I'm impatiently awaiting next month to see if they actually open when they're supposed to!
Ditto! We are there in early November.

I was poking around the other day with reservations and it seemed there was only availability in the towers, but then I think when I switched dates to an earlier one we weren't traveling (end of October) some standard rooms popped up. Made me wonder if they were planning to open GDT and maybe Cabanas since it's right next door?

Hopefully, we'll know soon!

Ditto! We are there in early November.

I was poking around the other day with reservations and it seemed there was only availability in the towers, but then I think when I switched dates to an earlier one we weren't traveling (end of October) some standard rooms popped up. Made me wonder if they were planning to open GDT and maybe Cabanas since it's right next door?

Hopefully, we'll know soon!
It's a possibility. I think from the availability I've seen it seems pretty clear that the entire resort will not be open because it's a huge resort and even from the first day discounts dropped for the fall, there wasn't a ton of availability. I just hope it opens! It's my favorite resort!

It's a possibility. I think from the availability I've seen it seems pretty clear that the entire resort will not be open because it's a huge resort and even from the first day discounts dropped for the fall, there wasn't a ton of availability. I just hope it opens! It's my favorite resort!
I like it a lot too! We've stayed twice so far (once Casitas and once Ranchos) and I've wanted to try GDT. We usually stay at Shades of Green, but last year started trying out WDW resorts too. CSR was our first one.

For November, we were originally at Pop, but then we received a PIN, so I pretty much jumped at the chance since the price difference wasn't all that crazy between Pop and GDT, and with limited park hours, seemed like it would be a great place to stay.

:::: fingers crossed :::

We check in to GDT on Nov 4th. I've been doing the same thing and checking the availability. Unless they just booked up with people using the discounts and pin codes, I think they might not be opening the entire resort. I think @Leigh L is right. It'll probably be GDT and one of the villiages. (I think that's what they're called)

For people with current reservations (especially in Oct/Nov): which sections (if any) can you request as part of early check-in on the app/website? Just wondering if there are any clues there in regards to what is opening first.

For people with current reservations (especially in Oct/Nov): which sections (if any) can you request as part of early check-in on the app/website? Just wondering if there are any clues there in regards to what is opening first.
That is a great point. I booked a standard room Thanksgiving week and our only location choice is Cabanas.

We will be there the last week in October we have a standard room in the Cabanas (well that's what we requested).

Just changed back for Marathon Weekend. Standard room - requesting Cabanas section. :)

So, in theory, will whatever restaurants that are opening with the resort have availability for ADRs once the resort reopens?

So, in theory, will whatever restaurants that are opening with the resort have availability for ADRs once the resort reopens?

With Disney you never know what you’re going to get, but the few examples we’ve seen so far is that you start to get some clues in the days (literal) leading up to reopening. For example, GF opened on Monday. Last week a blog site picked up Disney had added Narcoossee’s operating hours on the website. A few days later the ability to make an ADR was added. Around that same time Disney updated the info that Narcoossee’s would be open on the GF reopening info page.

Cali Grill at CR in July was the same thing - info on its reopening and ADRs became available like a day or two before it opened.

So generally speaking, it all starts to come together close/at the actual reopening date - in typical Disney style. :-)

Of course, YMMV!

Have Tower Standard View booked for mid-November arrival. On-line check in let me select Higher Floor for option 1, and there was nothing for option 2.

I often use Touringplans to fax a room request. What is a good view on the 10th floor? I was thinking 9055, 9061, 9063, 9051, 9053, 9047, are they any good? It seems like I should be able to see DHS and potentially EP.

Of course if they don't open GDT, I do wonder where they'll move us to, and how far in advance they'll let us know.

Have Tower Standard View booked for mid-November arrival. On-line check in let me select Higher Floor for option 1, and there was nothing for option 2.

I often use Touringplans to fax a room request. What is a good view on the 10th floor? I was thinking 9055, 9061, 9063, 9051, 9053, 9047, are they any good? It seems like I should be able to see DHS and potentially EP.

Of course if they don't open GDT, I do wonder where they'll move us to, and how far in advance they'll let us know.
I'm not sure about the view, but I just wanted to say that personally I think there's a good chance that if they don't open the whole resort, GDT is almost certainly going to be the one part that is open. It's the rest of the resort I'm unsure about!

In terms of available sections, even in regular times not all sections of resorts are listed (example: CBR is fully open and they do not offer sections in their online check-in - I was going to be there previously to my change to CSR for my trip). So I would not read anything into them only having Cabanas in the options - it's likely that it is the most common request for a section of non-preferred rooms since it's the closest other than preferred to the Tower and the main building, so they just have that as an option. If you want to request Ranchos or Casitas, you can always call in and add it that way...and then just don't select Cabanas as one of your options in online check-in.

Where is everyone going to request the room. When I do online check in, the only options I have are higher floor, lower floor, and closest to transportation. We are in a preferred room.

Where is everyone going to request the room. When I do online check in, the only options I have are higher floor, lower floor, and closest to transportation. We are in a preferred room.
You can call and have a request for a specific location noted on your reservation. Touring Plans also has a service where you can choose a room and they'll send a fax to the resort 30 days before your stay to request a particular room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter