Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved Gran Destino Tower so much I ended up booking another stay this morning! I'm fortunate enough to be on PTO the week of October 3rd, and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to head back so close to the 50th! So happy to be counting down to my next stay :cloud9:

I loved Gran Destino Tower so much I ended up booking another stay this morning! I'm fortunate enough to be on PTO the week of October 3rd, and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to head back so close to the 50th! So happy to be counting down to my next stay :cloud9:
...nice! :thumbsup2 I'm pretty stoked that I was accepted into the Sangria University....and I love looking at my countdown thingie....:rolleyes1

Just back Sunday from a lovely stay at Grand Destino Tower. That place is so beautiful! I would love to stay there again sometime. We had a 5th floor lake view room and the windows are huge. We left the curtains open all night to enjoy the lighted fountain and lights around the lake, so pretty. With interior hallways and an upper floor we didn't have to worry about someone walking past our windows.

I love the design details! The brass lamps hanging in the entry, the dandelion designs everywhere, the hidden Mickey in the bathroom door, the design in the port cochere ceiling that mirrors the floor, the tile work on the back of the outdoor benches looking out at the lake. This place kept surprising me. I also enjoyed the scent that welcomed me every time I entered the lobby and the music playing in the bushes on the way to the bus stop.

Housekeeping was exceptional. How can I say this when there is almost no house keeping right now? Towel Mickey head on the bed on arrival, housekeeping coming every day to ask if we need anything and suggest things we might need, replaced towels, coffee supplies, took trash. A manager from housekeeping came on the second day to make sure everything was ok. When I told her we were sleeping earlier when someone came, but we would like our trash removed, she went and got gloves and a trash bag and emptied our trash herself. Above and beyond and I was impressed. As a side note, when we stayed at Yacht Club this February I couldn't even get someone to take our trash for three days even with calling. They even told me not to take it someone myself. I hate having trash overflowing in my room.

Walking was not a problem for me, because of the tower location. We have stayed at CSR four times before the tower was built. I use a rollator to walk and minimizing walking is important to me. I liked having a bus stop just down a ramp from the front door, having the cabanas quiet pool a few steps from the lake-side door and a short interior hallway to the gift shop and Rix Sports bar where we ate a couple times.

The elevator system is pure genius! Call an elevator for the floor you want, screen tells you which one to get on, get in and no button to push, door closes, quick and smooth ride directly to your floor with out stopping. Loved it!

Did you think bus pickup/dropoff was efficient?

Did you think bus pickup/dropoff was efficient?
Yes, there were four separate roofed areas along the bus stop, one for each park. One of them was shared by Springs and I think Blizzard Beach, but I didn't go to either of those places so I didn't pay attention. We did early rope drop each day except out Epcot day, and never felt like the bus took longer to arrive than on our many previous Disney trips. The people at the bus stop were sort of aware of who got there first and as the stop started to get more than three or four parties they arrange themselves into a loose line. I never saw a CM at the bus stop. kThe bus stop was shady and breezy. As the hotel gets busier in the future this situation could change of course.

My husband and I are going in October and just added two nights at CS before our WL check-in. It has been years since we have stayed here and last time it was only for one night. We are using this time at CS to relax and enjoy some adult beverages. Since we won't be going to the parks I am not really concerned of a section based on transportation but would love one that makes the pool/three bridges easy. We are currently booked in a standard (non tower) room.
-Any advice on room location/things to do (I already emailed about Sangria University) we would appreciate.
-We will be checking out on a Sunday and going to WL and potentially a park (though a park on a weekend overwhelms me)...best option (uber or luggage transfer)?
Thank you!

My husband and I are going in October and just added two nights at CS before our WL check-in. It has been years since we have stayed here and last time it was only for one night. We are using this time at CS to relax and enjoy some adult beverages. Since we won't be going to the parks I am not really concerned of a section based on transportation but would love one that makes the pool/three bridges easy. We are currently booked in a standard (non tower) room.
-Any advice on room location/things to do (I already emailed about Sangria University) we would appreciate.
-We will be checking out on a Sunday and going to WL and potentially a park (though a park on a weekend overwhelms me)...best option (uber or luggage transfer)?
Thank you!

I HIGHLY recommend Dahlia Lounge. If you go, make sure to get the ham and cheese bocadillo. It was so good we went back the next night to have it again!

Hi, thinking about booking this resort but the size of it and the buses are worrying me.
Does anyone have experience of using uber / lyft at this resort to get picked up / dropped off directly at the outer buildings rather than the Tower?

Thanks

So this resort is the one I know the least about. If staying in the Tower is there plenty of food options and refill stations? Does the Tower have it's own bus stop? We normally stay clear of Moderates because of the size. I hate having to walk 10-15 minutes to visit the lobby. The last two trips have been Pop Preferred rooms because there is little to no walking to food (though awful) and transportation. Planning a Christmas trip and it's between the Tower and The Grand Floridian. The GF is a hard pill to swallow because we spend so much time in the parks.

So this resort is the one I know the least about. If staying in the Tower is there plenty of food options and refill stations? Does the Tower have it's own bus stop? We normally stay clear of Moderates because of the size. I hate having to walk 10-15 minutes to visit the lobby. The last two trips have been Pop Preferred rooms because there is little to no walking to food (though awful) and transportation. Planning a Christmas trip and it's between the Tower and The Grand Floridian. The GF is a hard pill to swallow because we spend so much time in the parks.
The Tower has it's own bus stop for a bus that is shared by the whole resort. It's the first sop going to Disney Springs and the last stop going to the parks.

Is the fitness center open?
If we are staying in the Tower, do all guests have access to the Fitness center?

The only food options in the tower right now are Dahlia Lounge from 5p-12a and Barcelona Lounge from 6:30a-12p. We grabbed overnight oats or pastries and coffee from Barcelona on the way to the parks in the morning and enjoyed Dahlia Lounge at night for cocktails and tapas. Café Rix and The Mercado (traditional grab 'n go and drink refills) were maybe a 5 minute walk from our tower room, so not far at all.

I don’t necessarily love the Moderates either due to size. But to me, CSR feels different. Yes, it’s big - but it just doesn’t feel quite as spread out / hard to get around. Aside from mobility concerns, you can walk all over the resort easily.

The only time the size/moderate feel creeps into my mind when staying as CSR is the buses - meaning, multiple stops. Sometimes when heading back after a hot/long park day you just want to get to your darn stop, not wait four stops as it slowly makes the rounds around the resort.

But that aside, CSR’s size works for this mostly WDW deluxe resort guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter