Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here now in casitas. Nice enough but a ? Anyone know how to lower the a/c? It’s set at 68 which would be fine at home but when it’s around 100 outside a little cooler would be nice.

Wow 68 is really cold, I believe that’s as low as it goes. I wonder if the thermostat isn’t working properly and that is why you aren’t comfortable. I found the thermostats in many of the Disney resorts ( except Deluxe level resorts) to have thermostat issues

Wow 68 is really cold, I believe that’s as low as it goes. I wonder if the thermostat isn’t working properly and that is why you aren’t comfortable. I found the thermostats in many of the Disney resorts ( except Deluxe level resorts) to have thermostat issues

We keep our rooms between 65 and 68 when the weather is as hot as it is right now.

@java You can override the AC using the following instructions:

At the exact same time, push the power button (furthest to the left) and the down arrow button (furthest to the right). If you do this correctly you will see the letters “bp” where the temperature typically displays. You can then set the temperature as low as you’d like. You might have to do this daily as the thermostat tends to reset itself every 24 hours. This bypass will also deactivate the motion sensor, so the ac will run whether you are in the room or not.

If those directions don’t seem to match the buttons on your thermostat you can also try this:

Hold down the “display” button and while holding it press “off”. Release “off” but continue to hold down “display” and then press the up arrow. Release all buttons and set the temperature to your desired setting.

We just checked in this morning to tower, club level. We got our room after about 30 min of arriving, 12th floor beautiful view of Epcot, etc. When we arrived we checked in with CM who had an IPad and had approached us. He brought us right up to club lounge and we are very impressed so far. We had stayed YC CL last weekend and it was just okay, lounge way too small, my husband was not impressed at all with YC. The staff there was wonderful, food was great but the small lounge was a bust. We have stayed at BC CL and the size of that lounge was great, YC should expand the lounge for sure.

We just checked in this morning to tower, club level. We got our room after about 30 min of arriving, 12th floor beautiful view of Epcot, etc. When we arrived we checked in with CM who had an IPad and had approached us. He brought us right up to club lounge and we are very impressed so far. We had stayed YC CL last weekend and it was just okay, lounge way too small, my husband was not impressed at all with YC. The staff there was wonderful, food was great but the small lounge was a bust. We have stayed at BC CL and the size of that lounge was great, YC should expand the lounge for sure.

That IS an expanded lounge at YC (sadly). I wish there was room to do more.

What are the crowds like at the pool/food court etc now the tower is open? we are at CS in 2 weeks so interested to know, if anyone is there now or has been recently?

Looking forward to hearing what you think of Gran Destino CL. I’m hoping we get to do it on our December trip.

I was only there for a day, but they both had low numbers of people. We roamed around from 3-530, waiting for the room text. Mercado was dead and the pool had light-med people. I wasn't able to get to the food court at dinner time. I think all the guests waiting for rooms would have scewed it higher than a normal day, though.

We enjoyed breakfast in Chronos. Scrambled eggs, bacon, and oatmeal were the hot items. HB eggs, lox, salami, serrano ham, and cheeses for protein. Bagels, english muffins, and a bunch of pastries were in one area. Individual cereals were out by cut melon. The kids adored the fancy coffee machine for caffeine-free lattes.
At noon, there were sun-butter and banana stacks, trail mix, fruit, chips, goldfish, crudite, curry hummus, cucumber dip, cookies, and more pastries.

We spent last Sunday night in the Tower, CL. I tacked it on as the last night of our trip just because I could! I was very curious about it & wanted to see what the lounge was like. We had done a split Beach/Poly stay, both CL. I won’t discuss the power outage but will answer about whether it was kid friendly & the lounge offerings.
We had been given a handicapped room so it was slightly different from what I’ve seen of regular rooms. The entryway was very wide & there was no door separating the toilet area from the rest of the bathroom, but I think that was the only difference. The view from the 9th floor was pretty astounding! I do always request a balcony or patio, so I think I would have missed that if we had been staying longer. And there were no robes, but that wasn’t an issue.
My 11 year old grands loved it! They didn’t miss the Disneyesque room touches at all. They still found a few hidden Mickeys & that’s all they needed!
The main pool was waaay crowded so we went to a quiet pool where there were only a few people. It was very relaxing & the kids were happy. They’re weird, though, & prefer the quiet pools everywhere.
The lounge was gorgeous & we decided we liked their food the best, even though we were there for only one night. They served the best paella I think I’ve ever had! They did have kid friendly offerings too _ but I can’t remember what they were!😜 One major difference I noticed is that there were no pitchers of drinks, just bottles. Tea, water, lemonade, etc. I’m thinking that will change after awhile because bottles have to be more expensive.
The breakfast was head & shoulders above Poly &Beach as they had delicious scrambled eggs & bacon, as well as cereal, oatmeal, fruit, sweet options & other ordinary offerings.
As far as being kid friendly- - it was a little TOO friendly. There was a nice kids play area with games & toys, but no one was monitoring it. Kids were running wild! I mean, literally running all over the lounge! They were scattering toys everywhere, throwing the Ghiradelli chocolates & moving the glass candleholders onto the floor & anywhere they pleased. It was very chaotic & im still having a hard time believing they were allowed to be so loud & destructive! I love children; teaching young children has been my life’s work. So I’m not just some grumpy old person who thinks children are annoying. They truly were out of control & the enjoyment of the lounge was greatly diminished.
All in all, the Tower is a lovely place; but will probably increase their prices before long. I’m still undecided if I would ever stay there again, mostly because of the power issues & lack of communication regarding it. But I said I wouldn’t talk about that, so I’ll shut up!
Hope this has answered a few questions regarding the family friendliness of it & maybe a few lounge questions as well.

We spent last Sunday night in the Tower, CL. I tacked it on as the last night of our trip just because I could! I was very curious about it & wanted to see what the lounge was like. We had done a split Beach/Poly stay, both CL. I won’t discuss the power outage but will answer about whether it was kid friendly & the lounge offerings.
We had been given a handicapped room so it was slightly different from what I’ve seen of regular rooms. The entryway was very wide & there was no door separating the toilet area from the rest of the bathroom, but I think that was the only difference. The view from the 9th floor was pretty astounding! I do always request a balcony or patio, so I think I would have missed that if we had been staying longer. And there were no robes, but that wasn’t an issue.
My 11 year old grands loved it! They didn’t miss the Disneyesque room touches at all. They still found a few hidden Mickeys & that’s all they needed!
The main pool was waaay crowded so we went to a quiet pool where there were only a few people. It was very relaxing & the kids were happy. They’re weird, though, & prefer the quiet pools everywhere.
The lounge was gorgeous & we decided we liked their food the best, even though we were there for only one night. They served the best paella I think I’ve ever had! They did have kid friendly offerings too _ but I can’t remember what they were!😜 One major difference I noticed is that there were no pitchers of drinks, just bottles. Tea, water, lemonade, etc. I’m thinking that will change after awhile because bottles have to be more expensive.
The breakfast was head & shoulders above Poly &Beach as they had delicious scrambled eggs & bacon, as well as cereal, oatmeal, fruit, sweet options & other ordinary offerings.
As far as being kid friendly- - it was a little TOO friendly. There was a nice kids play area with games & toys, but no one was monitoring it. Kids were running wild! I mean, literally running all over the lounge! They were scattering toys everywhere, throwing the Ghiradelli chocolates & moving the glass candleholders onto the floor & anywhere they pleased. It was very chaotic & im still having a hard time believing they were allowed to be so loud & destructive! I love children; teaching young children has been my life’s work. So I’m not just some grumpy old person who thinks children are annoying. They truly were out of control & the enjoyment of the lounge was greatly diminished.
All in all, the Tower is a lovely place; but will probably increase their prices before long. I’m still undecided if I would ever stay there again, mostly because of the power issues & lack of communication regarding it. But I said I wouldn’t talk about that, so I’ll shut up!
Hope this has answered a few questions regarding the family friendliness of it & maybe a few lounge questions as well.
Thank you so much. I so appreciate this.

I asked this in a Facebook group, thought I'd try here to in case anyone has experienced it:

Just thinking about Tower water view, if you get room in the middle of building where your window is by the sculpture on outside of building, does your room change colors with the up-lighting they use at night? Will it be blue, purple, green... 😀

Staying at AKL but spending couple of hours here to check we like it as have booked standard room here for next year. Love the QS and snack credit eating facilities here and convenience compared to AKL. There is a refillable mug area about a minutes walk from the tower in Cafe Rix as well as lots of snack options.
Barcelona Bar is beautiful and we have used a couple of snack credits having coffees there today. The fruit plate which looked fab was listed as a snack credit. Though that is only up to 12pm as they then remove all the snacks. (Or so my husband said.)
So far I have seen 3 places for refillable mugs
* the DIG pool area
* cafe rix
*mercado.
Much better for us than AKL where there was only the MARA to refill drinks in the BOMA side.
The DIG pool at 1pm was very busy but the 2 quiet pools we looked at both had beds still available and some where in shade.
I need to work out which bus stop the bus stops first as will try to get room near there.
Really glad we have chosen here for next year.

Last edited:
Glad to hear that Disney has treated the outage guests well. Our girls trip started with one night in the Tower on August 4th. It was lovely but we didn't check in until 11:15 pm (our flight was late getting in) and we checked out at 7:40 am to head over to the Poly for our club level stay. We must have just missed the outage. My husband called to ask me about the outage as he thought we were still there.

Our room was on the 7th Floor and I just kept thinking about everyone having no power in the heat. We were in Disney from the 4th to the 8th and I thought it was so very hot and humid every day. Never got a chance to walk around the outside of the tower or walk into El Centro. Strictly checked in and slept, showered in the am and left bright and early.

We had a few incidents club level at the Poly but Disney worked it out for us. First we could not get into our rooms as our Magic Bands would not work. Turned out it was the lock box on the door that needed a new battery. Took at least an hour to get sorted. Finally get into our room and while unpacking catch a glimpse of something under our chair/ottoman. Move the chair and found a rotting banana and half chewed chocolates. Also the make up mirror in the bathroom was left on and was sticking out so you almost hit it walking into the bathroom. It was also very hot to the touch when I went to move back into position. A few other glitches like getting stuck on a very slow moving monorail for 20 minutes which they had to reboot a few times which means no A/C till powered up again. The last bigger issue was trying to check our bags at the airline check in desk on the last day. We waited outside there for 30 minutes while they tried to get the system up and running. Finally said they couldn't do it and to come back later. We then had to drop the bags off at Bell Services. Left the pool to come back and check again and still the system was down so we just schlepped the bags back to the airport in the rental car.
All in all our stay was great but CL is not cheap and I was disappointed about the gross food under the chair. When I showed the concierge CM he was pretty mortified and said that absolutely should not have happened.

All the staff in the lounge was excellent so friendly. I honestly don't know if I would do CL again. The offerings were OK each day. For lunch everyday was Kale (but not the soft baby Kale) but the blueish Kale that was very tough. Any other lettuce or leafy green probably would have been better.

MJ

EDIT: Added info as to family friendliness.

My wife and I stayed 7/27-7/30. We loved our stay! Coronado has always been our favorite moderate, but the tower makes us love it even more!

I will say that of all the Disney owned resorts we have stayed at (most of them), this was the least "Disney" of them all. We are 100% okay with that, but could see some being a little disappointed if they were expecting more Disney theming. With that said, we experienced this on a couples trip. It was very nice for this. We have an 8 year old who has been an AP for three years now and has had his fair share of stays on Disney property. He is okay with not having the everything Disney at the resort. We would have zero issues with staying at the Gran Destino tower with him. In fact we have reservations that include him for F&W and another around Thanksgiving.

Tower

The front desk seemed to have the same wait as the old check-in at El Centro. On a Saturday around 12 noon, we waited about 15 minutes after. The main lobby is a little different with large tables that you can set at. There are a few lounge chairs around as well.

The elevators are really nice after you get used to them. You press what floor you want to get off at and it will give you the letter of what elevator you are to get on. Make sure you pay attention as sometime it seems that letter disappears quickly.
Just for reference:
Lobby bar (Barcelona Lounge) and the exit to the ground level to go to the pool or 3 Bridges is on Floor LL.
Laundry Room is on Floor 3.
Toledo/Dahlia Lounge is on Floor 16.

We did not eat at Toledo, but did check out Dahlia Lounge, Barcelona Lounge and 3 Bridges. The view from Dahlia Lounge is beautiful and definitely worth going up to see even if you don't plan on visiting the lounge. It can be a bit loud up there if it is busy as there is not many materials there to absorb some of the sound. You can order apps there, but we did not try any. The Barcelona Lounge had one of the best margaritas I have had (Santa Margarita). They do have a couple of apps, but not much else than charcuterie.

PRO TIP: If you are in the tower at night and there is a lighting storm going on, go to the Dahlia Lounge and check out the storm. Absolutely beautiful to watch.

Rooms

The room standard tower room feels larger than the other standard rooms at Coronado. Between the beds there is a very wide night table which is a very nice touch for us. We both use CPAP machines and there was plenty of room for our machines, glasses, phones and we were still able to keep the phone plugged in.

Personally I like the bathroom setup. It is a little different than other rooms on Disney property as the shower is in the same space as the sink. There is a rolling privacy door that blocks the bathroom from the hallway area inside of the room. Warning..... if you do not close the privacy door, when someone walks in and you are in the shower, they will see you in your birthday suit! Keep that in mind if you want to get a shower and your luggage from DME hasn't arrived yet.

The TVs are neat. When you turn it on there is a nice Spanish music theme loop playing. You can select from a few Disney movies on demand (all free). There is a guide that makes it nice to navigate to what you want to watch instead of flipping through every channel. You can connect your phone to it using chromecast or something of the sort. I had never used it before and it was kind of cool. There is also an option to see your photos from your trip on your memory maker. This didn't work for us for some reason, not sure if it was because we are APs or what, but it wasn't worth the time to figure out.

PRO TIP: If your setting in bed and wonder what the switch between the beds is for as you keep flipping it back and forth while nothing is happening, check one of the switches at the door as you walk into your room. There is one labeled MASTER. If that is flipped on, the switch between the beds turns lighting on above the headboards. We found this out after day 3 of wondering what the heck that switch did.

3 Bridges Bar & Grill

We had a dinner here on one evening. There is a good selection of seating to go with. There is traditional bar seating, tables and lounge couch/chairs. We sat in a lounge chair area. There were tables between them to hold your drinks and apps. I would not recommend this if you have an issue with eating a meal in a lounge chair. As far as the food, it was great. We had the shrimp corn dogs, a special of the day corn cheese dip and the Signature Burger. All were fantastic.

PRO TIP: As of the end of July, they did offer an AP discount of 10%. I didn't really look to see if it included alcohol, but usually AP discounts do not. They did NOT accept TiW at that time.

In general, the new bridges really changes the accessibility of the resort. It cuts down the walk to the front if your in Ranchos as well as the walk to the pool if your in Casitas.

Buses

The location of the transportation bus stop is very close to the front door. It is down hill a little, but there is a handicap accessible ramp if you cannot do stairs. We didn't really notice a difference at all in bus frequency compared to all of our other stays in the past couple of years.

I think what was great though was the new bus stop for the DME. There is now designated stops for the DME and it has some seating and cover. We only arrived on DME at Destino, and did not depart on DME.

Last edited:
I'm wondering about a couple things with regards to Gran Destino Tower (x-post warning to anyone also following the Club Level thread ;) )
1) the "tower Deluxe Suite- Club Access" room is the one with half bath, sofa bed/living area, sliding door to close off the King bedroom with the full bath? the "Deluxe Suite" vs "One bedroom suite" is confusing me and leads into my second question
2) if there is a sliding door on the deluxe suite is it sound-proof enough to block out snoring or low level conversation?
Does the new tower Gran Destino have large windows?
What are the rooms like/

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter