• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

I just booked a CSR GDT standard view-king room. The last time we stayed, we had a water view room on a high floor and LOVED the view (that category isn't currently available for our dates). I know we will not get this view this time, however, on TouringPlans, I see there are some king rooms on the very ends of the hallways that might, potentially have a nice view, but there aren't any representative photos on the TP site. I'm just curious if anyone has stayed in a room at the end of the hallways? I'm looking specifically at room numbers that end in 79, 07 and 09. Thank you for any information you may have!

I just booked a CSR GDT standard view-king room. The last time we stayed, we had a water view room on a high floor and LOVED the view (that category isn't currently available for our dates). I know we will not get this view this time, however, on TouringPlans, I see there are some king rooms on the very ends of the hallways that might, potentially have a nice view, but there aren't any representative photos on the TP site. I'm just curious if anyone has stayed in a room at the end of the hallways? I'm looking specifically at room numbers that end in 79, 07 and 09. Thank you for any information you may have!
I’m not a fan of the 77 room (and I think 78 last time). Was there last week and assigned room 377 and I asked to change (which I never do). View is fine but the humming from the large fans was hard for me to deal with during my 2021 stay. Also, on the low floor, the muck from the water made the windows pretty dirty (I think because of fans?) There are 4 rooms on the sides, I believe.

Not sure if these fans are on the other side. ( CM seemed to indicate there were when I begged for any room, any floor as long as no fans).

Last time I received a room on the 79 side, it was standard view (with partial water), this time I was booked water view and basically same view with a little more water lol.

If noise doesn’t bother you, it’s really not a bad view, but I’d ask for higher floor.

I’m not a fan of the 77 room (and I think 78 last time). Was there last week and assigned room 377 and I asked to change (which I never do). View is fine but the humming from the large fans was hard for me to deal with during my 2021 stay. Also, on the low floor, the muck from the water made the windows pretty dirty (I think because of fans?) There are 4 rooms on the sides, I believe.

Not sure if these fans are on the other side. ( CM seemed to indicate there were when I begged for any room, any floor as long as no fans).

Last time I received a room on the 79 side, it was standard view (with partial water), this time I was booked water view and basically same view with a little more water lol.

If noise doesn’t bother you, it’s really not a bad view, but I’d ask for higher floor.

Thank you so much! I am really sensitive to noise, so this is REALLY good to know! I think I will just request a high floor - hopefully I won't get a loud room. Thank you!

Planning on staying CSR from 11-23 {Thanksgiving } to 11-29. Wondering if someone could check on Facebook if their are any conventions or school groups there at that time. The standard rooms are sold out so getting worried.

Thanks

That is one of Disney's busiest weeks as all the schools are off during that time. Probably not a convention, just lots of families visiting over the holiday.

For the non tower rooms , are the coffee makesr the type that will take the keurig type pod or the type that come in a small package?

Thank you

Do any tower rooms have balconies at CSR? DH refuses to stay anywhere without a balcony, but I would LOVE to try a stay here.

Do any tower rooms have balconies at CSR? DH refuses to stay anywhere without a balcony, but I would LOVE to try a stay here.
No balconies in the tower - or anywhere at CSR. There’s a great bar at the top and several places to sit outside throughout the hotel but no personal balcony space.

We will be staying here for our first time in January 2024. I am leary of the size of it and I am also afraid we will be put back in the corner because we just got the standard room. Layout is a bit choppy if I am looking at the map correct. we are driving, so the covered entryway is to the El Centro and we walk over to the tower to check in? is the tower mainly for the convention people? I know other people can stay there too but is that the main purpose of the tower. I have been reading about The Three Bridges for dinner, the restaurant/bar on the 16th floor of the tower for drinks. How is the food at the quick service resturaant here? ok, I am sure it will be alright , any other tips would be greatly appreciated. I will start looking thru these 62 pages also. thank you and have a great day!

We will be staying here for our first time in January 2024. I am leary of the size of it and I am also afraid we will be put back in the corner because we just got the standard room. Layout is a bit choppy if I am looking at the map correct. we are driving, so the covered entryway is to the El Centro and we walk over to the tower to check in? is the tower mainly for the convention people? I know other people can stay there too but is that the main purpose of the tower. I have been reading about The Three Bridges for dinner, the restaurant/bar on the 16th floor of the tower for drinks. How is the food at the quick service resturaant here? ok, I am sure it will be alright , any other tips would be greatly appreciated. I will start looking thru these 62 pages also. thank you and have a great day!
I've stayed here twice in 2 years in standard rooms and have been placed (without making any request) in Casitas 3 (near their pool) and Ranchos 7B. I don't have any mobility issues and didn't find it a problem to walk from either room location to a bus stop. The Ranchos location was closer to the Dig Site main pool and the Casitas location was closer to the Tower/check-in. Both were pretty centrally located to Three Bridges in the middle of the resort.

I never had much reason to go to the lobby/Tower (you can park your car at the front of the resort while you deal with check-in and get a room assignment, then drive over to the lot closest to your room location) since I just make coffee and eat a snack in my room before heading out on the bus to the parks. Again, I didn't find it to be any issue walking without any mobility issues. The grounds are really lovely and nice to stroll.

The grounds are beautiful! I was there a few weeks ago and took a few walks, day and evening. Pre-
sunset is amazing! My laptop isn't displaying the brilliant color that my phone does when I post so hopefully the color shines through in the photos.

I've stayed in the tower the last few stays, but have stayed in Casitas and Ranchos over the years. Loved them all! I'm hoping to stay in Cabanas someday.

IMG_2163.jpegIMG_2229.jpegIMG_2253.jpeg

IMG_2257.jpeg

Last edited:
The grounds are beautiful! I was there a few weeks ago and took a few walks, day and evening. Pre-
sunset is amazing! My laptop isn't displaying the brilliant color that my phone does when I post so hopefully the color shines through in the photos.

I've stayed in the tower the last few stays, but have stayed in Casitas and Ranchos over the years. Loved them all! I'm hoping to stay in Cabanas someday.

View attachment 797583View attachment 797584View attachment 797585

View attachment 797582
Very nice. I stayed in the tower in May and enjoyed it (except for no balcony). I am returning in March. Tower once again but with a water view. I stayed standard view last trip but viewed plenty of water (lots of rain). I think that the comments on walking distances and bus availability are seriously overstated.

I’m not a mug refiller but I know there are a few quick service places. I believe that there is one located on the other side of the conference area that might offer that.

Just rebooked GDT from Jul 18-21 to Jul 13-16. The same time frame I booked for next year had a Girl Scout Conference this year and I'm hoping to avoid that kind of thing.

Update: I just found out that the Girl Scout Conf is triennial so I don't have to worry about that next year but I'm keeping my eyes peeled on that conference schedule.

I am worried about certain conferences as I got stuck with a Cheer/Dance competition last April. I booked a placeholder for now and also switched from a CL to a Standard King. Hopefully going forward next year there be a promotion. Over $600 a night for CL is not something I would consider. It also took me 4 times in 2 days to finally get this payment to go through. The website has had issues the last couple of days and it's becoming increasingly frustrating to book anything. :headache:
I'll be there for a conference at that time, it's a biomedical engineering conference July 14-20, I just booked my room. I never stayed at this resort before, but hope to do conference by day, Disney by night!

Honestly, I just love to walk the resort paths, so pretty! A nighttime stroll is beautiful too.

Last time we stayed was June 2021 and they were starting to bring back live music at night. So fun!

Where do they have live music? Would love to stop by!

Where do they have live music? Would love to stop by!
This was two years ago - I was there last month but didn't go exploring out at night beyond some sunset hour walks on my last trip. In 2021, it was in the outside areas near the outdoor bar though. Lots of tables and we were outside the El Centro area of the resort.

Can anyone who has been there recently confirm if live music is still going on?

I'm sure this is listed somewhere but I can't find it. I've stayed at CSR at least 3 times and can't remember if there is lotion provided. I know they have the usual shampoo/conditioner/body wash and Keurig Coffee makers. I know most of the moderates don't provide lotion but for some reason my little brain is telling me it was in the bathroom my last trip. I try to carry as little as I can with me so will gladly use theirs if it's provided.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter