Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Anyone who stayed at CSR recently have trouble with their magic bands working around the resort? My band won’t open the car gates, my son‘s won’t open the gym doors. I have been behind four other cars today whose bands wouldn’t open the gates. When we stayed here last year, I had the same issue with my magic band.
We were there for Christmas, but did not have any issues with our bands. A stop over to the front desk should get the issue resolved for you. Enjoy!

Not at CSR but mine did have trouble at the pop food court but only once and they just gave me the food despite me pulling my credit card out.

Has anyone stayed at Coronado Springs during a dance/cheer event? We’re currently planning on staying here in late April, but are thinking about moving elsewhere after finding out about the dance world’s competition that is being held at the convention center. Any advice/past experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Our first night at Pop 2 weeks ago our bands didn't work to open our doors, but worked fine the next day.

Hello! Excited to be staying at Coronado in early February! Does anyone know if the QS restaurant at the pool offers breakfast? It doesn’t look like it from the menu, but I know it did when we stayed several years ago. We really enjoyed sitting by the pool and eating mickey waffles!

Checked into CS last night, around 11pm. We were assigned a room in the Ranchos, which doesn't thrill me because of the distance to the central area. However, we got here to discover that we have a pool view room, so it's an upgrade, I guess (we had a 2Q standard- i.e., parking lot- view). It's pretty, that's for sure. HOWEVER... although many folks reported that the rooms have a standard coffee pot, this one does NOT. It is a single-cup Keurig brewer. Disappointing, as we brought coffee grounds from home and are now stuck with crappy Disney coffee until we can get to the store. The room itself is fine, except the a/c can't be set lower than 68 degrees, and the bathroom fan is VERY loud. It's on some sort of motion detector and once it goes on, it's on for a while. Woke me up every time DH snuck into the bathroom last night!

We just returned from CSR. We had no issues with our bands for our room, club lounge, parks, etc, but none of our bands ever worked to open the main gate. The guard told us to hold gor a “good five seconds”, but that didn’t work either. We took Minnie Vans back on two different occasions, and one of the drivers couldn't get the gate to rise. The line at the guard shack was always several cars long.

Checked into CS last night, around 11pm. We were assigned a room in the Ranchos, which doesn't thrill me because of the distance to the central area. However, we got here to discover that we have a pool view room, so it's an upgrade, I guess (we had a 2Q standard- i.e., parking lot- view)…
This is a good reminder to everyone to book what you want. If you don’t want to be in Ranchos, book a Preferred or Tower room. If that’s out of financial reach book a different hotel like POFQ which has a smaller footprint. It just sucks to start out your vacay disappointed.

This is a good reminder to everyone to book what you want. If you don’t want to be in Ranchos, book a Preferred or Tower room. If that’s out of financial reach book a different hotel like POFQ which has a smaller footprint. It just sucks to start out your vacay disappointed.
I am perfectly fine with Ranchos, just not my favorite location. Preferred and tower are out of reach, and with the Disney+ discount, CSR was more affordable than POFQ. I'd rather choose by resort than by room type, for sure! I put in a room request via TouringPlans and recognize that it's just request. Last November, I got the specific room I asked for at ASMu. This week, I didn't. Always just the luck of the draw, and now that there are footbridges across the lake, it's much easier to get to El Centro from the Ranchos.

OH- and we figured out how to turn off the bathroom fan!

Last edited:
Checked into CS last night, around 11pm. We were assigned a room in the Ranchos, which doesn't thrill me because of the distance to the central area. However, we got here to discover that we have a pool view room, so it's an upgrade, I guess (we had a 2Q standard- i.e., parking lot- view). It's pretty, that's for sure. HOWEVER... although many folks reported that the rooms have a standard coffee pot, this one does NOT. It is a single-cup Keurig brewer. Disappointing, as we brought coffee grounds from home and are now stuck with crappy Disney coffee until we can get to the store. The room itself is fine, except the a/c can't be set lower than 68 degrees, and the bathroom fan is VERY loud. It's on some sort of motion detector and once it goes on, it's on for a while. Woke me up every time DH snuck into the bathroom last night!
You can override the AC. I do it at all wdw hotels and have stayed at CSR many times so know it works there. All the hotels don’t have the same one I just google how to override hotel AC and look for video that matches.

However if that’s hard for you stop at front desk and request maintenance to do it. We did that for years until I read here you could do yourself.

It will go to 65 after.

I need to look up fan override I have CSR next month. 👍

I am perfectly fine with Ranchos, just not my favorite location. Preferred and tower are out of reach, and with the Disney+ discount, CSR was more affordable than POFQ. I'd rather choose by resort than by room type, for sure! I put in a room request via TouringPlans and recognize that it's just request. Last November, I got the specific room I asked for at ASMu. This week, I didn't. Always just the luck of the draw, and now that there are footbridges across the lake, it's much easier to get to El Centro from the Ranchos.

OH- and we figured out how to turn off the bathroom fan!
Please tell me how to over-ride the fan. We are staying there in March. Thank you

Please tell me how to over-ride the fan. We are staying there in March. Thank you
We actually leave the fan on all night and close the bathroom door. The background noise is just enough to drown out the sounds of people walking by, the people next door or above, maintenance and landscapers doing their work in the early morning hours, kids squealing with excitement, adults squealing with tipsiness after a full day drinking around EPCOT 😂

I did a quick search (but didn't manually go through each post in this thread to be sure) and didn't find an answer to this question: is there a way to see the Laundryview for Gran Destino? When looking at the site/app, the only options for the entire resort are the 3 spots by the pools.

I did a quick search (but didn't manually go through each post in this thread to be sure) and didn't find an answer to this question: is there a way to see the Laundryview for Gran Destino? When looking at the site/app, the only options for the entire resort are the 3 spots by the pools.
I just looked and I cant find it either. I did find a post there is laundry on 3rd floor of GDT but no view apparently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter