Disney's Electrical Parade

I checked the calendar at disneyland.com and it doesnt' look like it will be running in March. I'm pretty sure March is still considered the off season. This does run in the summer though.

Just read the disneyland park update at mouseplanet and saw this

"It looks like Disney's Electrical Parade will be returning to regular service at Disney's California Adventure earlier than expected. It was originally announced that it would be on hiatus until the summer season but as of April 7 the classic nighttime parade will be back in daily performances. Odds are that the finding of a new corporate sponsor (Sylvania, also now sponsoring the Parade of Dreams at Disneyland) helped get the parade back earlier than planned"

Looks like you are going to miss it by a month!

Sorry, Being-Dragged... But cool for us, we'll be able to see it April! I was disappointed when it looked like we would not, the photos of the parade in guidebooks look awesome!

I'm afraid I'm strictly an amateur photographer...and working with a new digital camera to boot! But I will try to figure out how to take night-time photos before our trip. Would love to have photos of the parades (especially this one!), fireworks, and scenic shots like Sleeping Beauty's castle and the ferris wheel at DCA. :)

PS. Will you be posting a trip report??? :hyper:

Does anyone know the typical time for the electrical parade? We'll only be there two nights and I would like to see this as well as the fireworks. Can both be done on the same night?

The electrical parade at DCA is at 8:45. Remember Fireworks at DL is at 9:25. Not quite sure if you'll be able to get good spots for both. I'm sure lots of people will be attemting to do the same and the turnstiles (exiting and entering parks) might get congested.

victorandbellasmom said:
The electrical parade at DCA is at 8:45. Remember Fireworks at DL is at 9:25. Not quite sure if you'll be able to get good spots for both. I'm sure lots of people will be attemting to do the same and the turnstiles (exiting and entering parks) might get congested.
I agree. It's an almost impossible task. The lines just to get in to DL after the parade are 20-30 minutes long and it's extremely congested heading in to Main St - if you can get that far. I recommend seeing them on different nights.

If you are going to attempt watching both site right by the golden gate bridge entrance in DCA and then run for the DL gates as soon as you see the last float (last year it was an eagle but I'm sure it will be different). This task is almost impossible. The parade is almost 20 minutes long that means if it starts on time (which in my experience it never does) you will get out of DCA by 9:05 but you will be caught in the mass of people heading for the DL gates and get stuck waiting to get in. If you do get in you will most likley watch them from the end of mainstreet becasue it will be so crowded you couldn't get any further up! We attempted this over the summer and the fireworks started as we were walking in the gates. We were walking up mainstreet and watching them.

Hey Being Dragged to DL... Looks like you're not the only person who wont see it in March:(... I love that parade.. My parents have it taped from when i turned 6... that was 10 yrs ago, i saw it in summer of '03 it was fantabulous! lol (giggles). that is the most original parade (in my opinion).. I love it!

In May we were able to watch the parade from the area closest to the exit (sunshine plaza) and get in the gate with plenty of time to watch the fireworks. the fireworks are best from main street. expect to get mobbed at the end, however, if you want to go anywhere but out of the park, as you will be between 20k people and the exit.

being-dragged-to-DL said:
good for you guys!!! Im bummed, but plenty other to do. post pixs!

That stinks. DEP is not to be missed.You didn't mention if you've ever seen it before or not. It's very cool and lots of fun. :thumbsup2

Psymonds said:
In May we were able to watch the parade from the area closest to the exit (sunshine plaza) and get in the gate with plenty of time to watch the fireworks. the fireworks are best from main street. expect to get mobbed at the end, however, if you want to go anywhere but out of the park, as you will be between 20k people and the exit.

We did it in May too, but I know we had more than 15 mintues to do it in. I think there was more like 45 minutes from the end of the parade to the fireworks, maybe an hour.

We had already staked out a good spot and seen the fireworks the first night, so it wasnt as important to get a primo spot the second night.

Does it sound right that they'd be showing the Electrical Parade only on Sunday nights in April?

I thought I'd checked the official website's schedule last week and saw Saturday and Sundays, but maybe I'm thinking of something else... It currently shows on the schedule only on Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter