Disney's Future

PrincessYessenia

DVC Member - AKV
Today, while at work one of my co-workers and I started talking about Disney. :chat: Come to find out he actually really likes Disney, unfortunately for me I found this out a little too late...it was his last day of work :sad2: No "Disney friend" at work, for me...

We started discussing what our favorite restaurants were, and what we liked and disliked about the parks. He said in his opinion attractions like Dumbo, IASW, and PPF should be removed from the parks and replaced with better rides. :scared1:

His argument was the pretty much all of Fantasyland is comprised of all things in Disney's past and they need to "stop dwelling on the past and move forward." We went on to talking about how Walt was always moving forward and always had progress in mind. What he was basically saying was that Disney should focus on creating new attractions, rather than refurbishing or re-vamping all the old rides. :rolleyes2

For example, he thought it was a better idea to add more Pixar rides than redoing the entire Dumbo. And that's when I told him "let's see here, there's Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, there's TSM, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, Monsters Inc. Mike & Sully to the Rescue in DCA, Turtle Talk with Crush, Finding Nemo- The Musical, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage in DL, the entire A Bugs Land in DCA, ITTBAB, and The Seas with Nemo & Friends. I think Pixar is present substantially in the parks!" :confused3 (please let me know if I missed any, besides the ones at the international Disney parks)

What would MK be like if IASW was gone? :eek: Or Dumbo, for example? Even though IASW does some of our heads in :lmao: some, however, can't make a trip to MK without riding it. Is there too much Pixar in the parks? Not enough? Is Disney running out of ideas? What new attractions based on completely new ideas should Disney imagineer? What attractions should Disney have made based on some past films or concepts but were never made? :scratchin My own idea would be an Up ride using the same mechanisms used for Soarin' but some how different with it's own twist.

I agree with him to a certain extent, but not completely. :sad2: I got to thinking about it and I told him my friends here on the DIS would probably have plenty to say on the subject.:rolleyes1

:listen:

I think that Disney should always be adding new stuff. But we still need the rides that we remember as children to share with the next generation. I think that they are striking the right balance with the way they are going. I can't wait to see what the future holds for DW. But I'd miss some of the old favorites if they were gone.
Nancy princess:

I agree with you. Proper balance is key, and I think it's going in the right direction. You can't get rid of the classics, that's why they are classics. For example, even though The Little Mermaid was released in 1989, 20 years ago, little girls today know Ariel as if the movie were brand new. Those classics never get old and will be watched and loved for many years to come. They're timeless, so why get rid of timeless attractions that people love? :confused3

I think it's fine to add new rides, but honestly, what may be 'old' to him is 'new' for every child and adult that's setting foot in the park for the first time. I would miss the IASW and PPF - those are two of my favorites...and I think my dd might just implode if they ever got rid of IASW - I would say she talks about that ride at least once a week, if not more often.:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter